News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

the stooping CollectA-on-base dates as far back as their oviraptor from 2010/11, and it's a tiny figure. i just hope they improve the material they use to prevent this problem.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

JakobVicent

I'm normally not a fan if collects but I really want that medusaceratops!!!

Takama

Heres the Entelodont and Smilodon

[/

VIA STS Forum

Yutyrannus

Okay I have to get that Daeodon ;D! As for the Smilodon, it looks good so far but I'll have to wait for better pics of it to be sure I want to get it.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

sauroid

the two mammals look great especially the Entelodont. the Daxiatitan looks even better in that new pic.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 01, 2014, 05:02:52 PM
Okay I have to get that Daeodon ;D! As for the Smilodon, it looks good so far but I'll have to wait for better pics of it to be sure I want to get it.

The Smilodon looks better than the original. Is it definitely a Smilodon? Or a different sabre tooth?

Roselaar

The Daeodon looks terrific! The Smilodon is okay, but I'm not convinced of the need to get one. Same still goes for the Daxiatitan.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I know sauropods are similar..but that Daxiatitan just keeps looking like the Diplodocus to me.

I wonder if CollectA will release a new 1:15 piece this year? Been hoping for a sauropod of some sort in that line..it's the perfect excuse to make a large one.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Takama on November 01, 2014, 04:49:20 PM
Heres the Entelodont and Smilodon

[/

VIA STS Forum
I like them, specially the daeodon.
Do you know I love prehistoric mammals? Now you know it. So I'm happy of this releases, can't wait to see the moropus.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Concavenator

From the first wave,the only one I'm getting for sure is the Nasutoceratops,it looks awesome.The Smilodon and Daeodon are looking fantastic too.Besides,why hasn't the Tyrannosaurus been revealed yet?It's the one I'm most looking forward to see.I hope they don't disappoint in that one.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I think the smilodon and daeodon will be the first CollectA mammals I like enough to buy. The daxiatitan looks too much like their argentinosaurus for me, though.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Daspletodave

Dear Tanystropheus and Bokisaurus - of course all ceratopsians share the same body plan. That can also be said of any dino group - allosaurs, stegosaurs, sauropods, hadrosaurs, etc. The GOOD sculptors like Dan LoRusso vary the poses to give us interesting animals within the same group - ie the Battat Triceratops, Styracosaurus, and Pachyrhinosaurus are all unique.
The Collecta sculptors are just being lazy.

Daspletodave

The scales on Nasutoceratops give it an odd "furry" look.

ItsTwentyBelow

Very nice Daeodon, a must-have for sure!

The Smilodon also looks terrific, one of the best I've seen. Robust and furry.

Cool, these two are on my list!

Manatee

Both of the mammals are awesome. Looking at the Smilodon, I'm surprised so few very good ones have been made. This one certainly fits the bill. The Daeodon is a nice change from the typical mammals made, as will be the Moropus.

Appalachiosaurus

I hope they don't do what favorite did with their feathered T. rex and only give it a barely noticeable mane, I want to see them go all out!!

suspsy

I'm hoping it'll look something like this:

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Yutyrannus

I would rather it look like this, that one by Matthew Martynuik doesn't really qualify as feathered to me:

tyrantqueen

They're both acceptable in terms of feathering. I personally like Martyniuk's better (although maybe it could be a little shaggier) because I feel as though the cassowary look is getting overused.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 02, 2014, 03:00:02 AM
They're both acceptable in terms of feathering. I personally like Martyniuk's better (although maybe it could be a little shaggier) because I feel as though the cassowary look is getting overused.
Actually, I agree that the cassowary look is overused, but I prefer that to Martynuik's which doesn't count as feathered in my opinion (I only has wings and a tuft on its tail, which isn't much more than what Favorite's model did). I would like the Collecta model to be like the drawing I posted except with a feathered neck and face and different coloration (a quail like pattern would be pretty cool).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: