News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR Club Selection: "Jolly" the hatchling triceratops!

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, December 24, 2014, 03:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on December 26, 2014, 05:00:46 PM
Quote from: Tyrant Lizard Queen on December 26, 2014, 09:45:10 AM
Could it be some other "raptor" specie besides Utah?

If it were, then it would be an extremely small figure

Did it say it was 1:40 or a particular scale? If so  I missed that.

DinoLord

They said it's part of their 1:35 scale line. Any dromaeosaur besides Utahraptor or Achillobator would be pretty small in that scale.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoLord on December 26, 2014, 05:26:14 PM
They said it's part of their 1:35 scale line. Any dromaeosaur besides Utahraptor or Achillobator would be pretty small in that scale.

Ah, gotcha.  Well yeah at 1:35 it has to be a larger species. 

Tyrant Lizard Queen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 26, 2014, 04:59:58 PM
Quote from: Tyrant Lizard Queen on December 26, 2014, 09:45:10 AM
Could it be some other "raptor" specie besides Utah?
Rebor seems , like some other companies to be focusing more of the public perception of what a certain species is rather than the science of what it really is.
Except their King T- Rex is accurate and bulkISH head sculpt can be easily explained via differences of proportions on different rex skulls. I even did a comparison (especialy how perfectly it fits the skull from the side view) - which I bet you already saw. However I hope they wont make same mistakes as with featherless yutyrannus. Even tho - if not lack of feathers, it was accurately designed if you look at it's skeletal structure..

Patrx

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 26, 2014, 04:03:41 PM
Quote from: Patrx on December 26, 2014, 07:42:54 AMIn any case, and I know I say this a lot, I am personally very tired of seeing totally exposed digits on maniraptoran wings, especially those of dromaeosaurs. I don't mean to seem unfair, but it would just be nice if someone, someday, would get it right on a mass-produced model or figure.
I believe Favorite Kinto is the only company to get it right consistently, but that's not to say that there aren't others (WS microraptor comes to mind) that have gotten it right

Favorite does get the closest, but they still have issues. I haven't seen the wings on their newest Velociraptor up-close, so I can't say for sure how it fares, but their Deinonychus is missing some important feathers. I had forgotten abut the Carnegie Microraptor, those are proper dromaeosaur wings indeed!

Maybe the new REBOR figure is going to be labeled "Achillobator"? That would be interesting!

Concavenator

Since someone (won't say who) told me what this model is,I think it's safe to say it.Okay,so that's supposed to be a 'Utahraptor battle scene'.Not sure what they'll mean with battle,maybe it's the pose of the model.That being said,I'm somehow tempted,and this might be the first Rebor that I'll consider picking up.If the tease image doesn't lie us it clearly shows a feathered Utahraptor.Of course,it's not perfect,and I won't say its lacks because you all knkw what they are.Utahraptor is an interesting species,I won't lie.Hope the model turns out well.

Arul

Maybe next time rebor should give a size comparisson, like sideshow with their apple beside the model. Rebor is amazing, they start like boom !!

TJ_Terrorsaur

I've asked Everything Dinosaur to hold one for me in hopes I can get one of her in time. She looks so adorable.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Concavenator on January 01, 2015, 02:56:43 PM
It's a Utahraptor:http://www.minizoo.com.au/products/Utahraptor-%252d-March-2015-release.html

That might be what they are calling it... ;)  lol 

Sorry, I'm being mean. The skeletal doesn't look much like a Utahraptor at all. Here's hoping the figure varies greatly from it!

tyrantqueen

Blade-of-the-Moon

tyrantqueen

It'll be interesting to see. Imo, you can always judge how committed a company is to accuracy by seeing how well they feather their dromies >:D

And I do believe it will be a Utahraptor. A smaller species such as velociraptor would be near impossible to do at 1/35 scale.

postsaurischian

Dejankins has announced the Utahraptor many weeks ago with the release of the Yutyrannus.
I don't think we'll have to wait until March ;).

petebuster1

Quote from: Tyrant Lizard Queen on December 24, 2014, 11:48:55 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on December 24, 2014, 09:31:11 PM

A bit of a contradiction there don't ya think? An inaccurate model that is accurate?
No. No contradiction here. So far this is the only company atm who makes absolutely stunning museum quality replicas, that is not SS. That being said, there are ppl (including you) who talk how they might "dismiss" certain model because of some minor innacuracies. They completely ignore the fact that those sculpts are insanely detailed and look like gorgeus recreation of a real animal. Im not even talking about the fair price in comparison to SS.
Now if people bitch about such things on such beautiful replicas - how about they go and buy some cheap, mediacore detailed toys from safari or any other company who simply can't compete with Rebor when it comes to detail / sculpting. It makes me go lol when seeing how some ppl accuse companies by nitpicking bs details that wouldn't even change the overall look of the dinosaur. If you don't like or if you are poor - you simply don't buy. It's not a rocket science.

hear  hear and there's there isn't the hard evidence is was fully feathered anyway

triceratops83

Quote from: petebuster1 on January 10, 2015, 02:16:07 PM

A bit of a contradiction there don't ya think? An inaccurate model that is accurate?
No. No contradiction here. So far this is the only company atm who makes absolutely stunning museum quality replicas, that is not SS. That being said, there are ppl (including you) who talk how they might "dismiss" certain model because of some minor innacuracies. They completely ignore the fact that those sculpts are insanely detailed and look like gorgeus recreation of a real animal. Im not even talking about the fair price in comparison to SS.
Now if people bitch about such things on such beautiful replicas - how about they go and buy some cheap, mediacore detailed toys from safari or any other company who simply can't compete with Rebor when it comes to detail / sculpting. It makes me go lol when seeing how some ppl accuse companies by nitpicking bs details that wouldn't even change the overall look of the dinosaur. If you don't like or if you are poor - you simply don't buy. It's not a rocket science.

hear  hear and there's there isn't the hard evidence is was fully feathered anyway
I don't see how Safari can be called Mediocre. I've kept my mouth shut on the subject of Rebor Theropods, but I don't think it's necessary to dismiss all other dinosaur figures in favour of them. Frankly, I think this topic is being kept intentionally controversial. It's like going to a message board on a movie news site and whinging about people who watch movies that aren't the same three that said person likes. If you don't like dinosaur toys you're in the wrong place. I stand by the "...cheap, mediacore detailed toys from safari or any other company...".
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

stargatedalek

Quote from: petebuster1 on January 10, 2015, 02:16:07 PM

yes there is, and its already been gone over many many times, its yust that some people here seem to be so in love with REBOR that they want to change the real animals to look like the REBOR ones

Megalosaurus

This thread is about a Triceratops, keep out the feather discussion.
Unless you want Jolly to look like this:
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 10, 2015, 04:00:50 PM
I honestly would love a figure of that.
If you really like it then you can commision Brandem to do that. Or you can customise an existing figure (or commision someone to do it for you).
But it will be in "fantasy figure" category.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: