News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on March 18, 2015, 02:19:43 AM
I know it's technically a double post, but some new info from REBOR's Facebook page.  First, they are still dealing with the problem with the Utahraptor leaning, but they seem optimistic that the batch shipping to US customers through Big Bad Toy Store in early April will not suffer from the problem.  Additionally, Jolly the Triceratops Hatchling should be arriving soon for those of you who ordered one through BBTS.

And on that note, Jolly has been so popular that they plan to create more hatchlings for the Club line and the second one is in progress!

And disappointingly, no preview of Acrocanthosaurus until May. :(

Just caught pics of Jolly on FB. I know Rebor back peddled on the whole "museum quality" thing, but when the only parts your sculpting are the head, hands, and egg, would it kill you to even TRY and make the hands and egg close to accurate? This thing is a weird hybrid with a triceratops head with what appear to be bear paws hatching out of a bird egg!
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

John

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on March 20, 2015, 06:49:19 PM
Just caught pics of Jolly on FB. I know Rebor back peddled on the whole "museum quality" thing, but when the only parts your sculpting are the head, hands, and egg, would it kill you to even TRY and make the hands and egg close to accurate? This thing is a weird hybrid with a triceratops head with what appear to be bear paws hatching out of a bird egg!

It's odd mistakes in this line like those you mention for the hatching Triceratops that make me very hesitant to drop the amount of money that Rebor wants for them.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

amargasaurus cazaui

Just looking at the model I get the feeling it was never intended to be realistic or accurate. I think they were going for cutesy christmas ornament look, because aside from the issues you have stated, the chick is far too large for its egg, which lacks any ornamentation. I also would be forced to wonder why an embryonic dinosaur within the egg would have horms. One single missed movement and the egg would be ripped apart and the chick within die
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

suspsy

I've never been a fan of hatching-from-the-egg figures in general.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Though it pains me to admit it, what is said in the forum is true, you can not expect to make the night a morning dinosaurs and prehistoric animals that happen to be at the end of a hasty and sloppy hybrid between Sideshow and Papo.

Regretfully I understand now, why go so badly the tyrannosaurus for the plant on the votes of dinotoyblog forum.

I have it and I call the "pirate tyrannosaurus" seems to have that stone with a wooden leg.

Moreover understand that if Rebor want to dinosaurs hold with one leg must do so as part of a diorama, such as tyrannosaurus or utahraptor would not it have been better if they had done holding in one piece with a dam between its legs, for example for one hadrosauroideo tyrannosaurus and for one Tenontosaurus

Shadowknight1

Quote from: suspsy on March 20, 2015, 10:21:30 PM
I've never been a fan of hatching-from-the-egg figures in general.
I had the ones from The Lost World line, but very rarely did I care about the eggs.  I had little young dinos.  My favorite was the raptor, his/her eyes were so huge and yet seemed to study you at the same time.

Shonisaurus, I'm not sure I get where you're coming from.  Aside from accuracy issues, the Yutyrannus was pretty well received.  King T-rex loses points for being a JP rex again(which I understand, EVERYONE seems to do a JP rex) and having a rather poor/boring base.  The Utahraptor has a lot going for it, though I am disappointed that the pose seems to be hurting it right now.  Hopefully they can fix it for its release here in the states, but if not, I'll do what others have done and find a small, clear acrylic rod.  And from what I've seen from the preview pics, I can't see too much to complain about for the Ceratosaurus.  That one totally ignores JP-inspiration(Ceratosaurus WAS in the third movie after all), stands on both feet, and has a pretty neat base to boot.

Personally, I can't wait for Acrocanthosaurus.  I hope the sculpt and color scheme are equally striking whenever they finally reveal it...in May.  ...sighhhhh.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 20, 2015, 10:52:18 PM
Though it pains me to admit it, what is said in the forum is true, you can not expect to make the night a morning dinosaurs and prehistoric animals that happen to be at the end of a hasty and sloppy hybrid between Sideshow and Papo.

Regretfully I understand now, why go so badly the tyrannosaurus for the plant on the votes of dinotoyblog forum.

I have it and I call the "pirate tyrannosaurus" seems to have that stone with a wooden leg.

Moreover understand that if Rebor want to dinosaurs hold with one leg must do so as part of a diorama, such as tyrannosaurus or utahraptor would not it have been better if they had done holding in one piece with a dam between its legs, for example for one hadrosauroideo tyrannosaurus and for one Tenontosaurus

I believe REBOR is making a new base for the T-rex (hopefully, it is sold separately) as the current base looks a bit silly.
The Acro is believed to have a more dynamic base with another dinosaur embedded...if I am not mistaken.
It would be nice if future hatchlings combine elements of cutesy and accuracy.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on March 20, 2015, 06:49:19 PM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on March 18, 2015, 02:19:43 AM
I know it's technically a double post, but some new info from REBOR's Facebook page.  First, they are still dealing with the problem with the Utahraptor leaning, but they seem optimistic that the batch shipping to US customers through Big Bad Toy Store in early April will not suffer from the problem.  Additionally, Jolly the Triceratops Hatchling should be arriving soon for those of you who ordered one through BBTS.

And on that note, Jolly has been so popular that they plan to create more hatchlings for the Club line and the second one is in progress!

And disappointingly, no preview of Acrocanthosaurus until May. :(

I find its hands to be quite...strange looking. They look like a human baby's.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 21, 2015, 12:29:38 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 20, 2015, 10:52:18 PM

I believe REBOR is making a new base for the T-rex (hopefully, it is sold separately) as the current base looks a bit silly.
The Acro is believed to have a more dynamic base with another dinosaur embedded...if I am not mistaken.
It would be nice if future hatchlings combine elements of cutesy and accuracy.
If I recall correctly, Acro's base is supposed to have the corpse of a Tenontosaurus on it.

bruno

The bases have certainly been a problem and my Utahraptors legs bend, not sure what they are doing about it ? Looks like they may have cured these problems with the next 2 and I do hope the following model won't be another therapod

RobinGoodfellow

Today, on Facebook, REBOR said: " we are just working on the REBOR Club Selection & REBOR Oddities lines plus planning the REBOR Prehistoric Animals line".
Does PREHISTORIC ANIMALS LINE mean  MAMMALS and MEGAFAUNA ?  :o
I hope so!
..or is it just the name of the actual line ( Y-Rex, T-Rex, Utah )?

Shonisaurus

Although nothing Rebor said that, I remain hopeful that maybe made some figure Devonian, Carboniferous and Permian.
By request, dream free.

ProSauropod

+1 Shonisaurus.  Do we really need another Theropod, hunched over like Groucho Marx?  Something before, something after.

Shadowknight1

They also said that they finished the prototype for Acrocanthosaurus and due to ample demand, have begun the process of slowly teasing us with it by giving us snippets like a jigsaw puzzle.  10 pieces, one piece per day.  Meaning that we'll have our full look in 10 days.  10 agonizing days.

The first part of Acrocanthosaurus, or "Hercules", is upper body giving us a bit of his left leg and a good look at that spine.  Love the bits at the end.  Hoping that the head will be last. ;D

joossa

Very exciting. What a tease. I just hope they somehow lower the prices a bit.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

sauroid

very exciting. i just hope they don't put the name "Hercules" on the box of the Acro. please?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Arul

Rebor know how to "torture" the fans hahaha  :D cant wait

tanystropheus

a second fragment has been posted on REBOR Facebook.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: sauroid on March 25, 2015, 06:37:37 AM
very exciting. i just hope they don't put the name "Hercules" on the box of the Acro. please?
It will be, just like "Y-Rex" and "Wind Hunter".  Teaser image seems to be leaving out the base, so we'll still have something else to look forward to.

Takama

Acro progress

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: