News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Of course and the other two versions stegosaurus armatus mountain and plain are just as beautiful as this version.

Mellow Stego

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 30, 2020, 06:49:39 PM
Of course and the other two versions stegosaurus armatus mountain and plain are just as beautiful as this version.

Yep. I'm tempted to pick up all of them.  :))

So does anyone here glue the tails onto the dinosaurs?
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 30, 2020, 06:49:39 PM

This reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask: sorry if it's been discussed before.

What was the reasoning behind calling the new Rebor steg S. armatus, which is currently considered a nomen dubium? Based on plate shape and limb proportions, it looks like S. stenops to me.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Killekor

I'm moving the discussion here because I'll like to reply being not off-topic.

(From the "Safari 2020" thread).
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on February 06, 2020, 02:35:04 AM
Quote from: Killekor on February 05, 2020, 07:54:09 PM
Quote from: TheRealSpinoRex on February 05, 2020, 02:41:39 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on February 04, 2020, 08:19:44 AM
I've noticed another thing the Safari Sarcosuchus does better than both the Rebor and Mattel Sarcosuchus: The back plates.

Sarcosuchus in life had these impressive and large back plates. However, the Rebor and Mattel versions both seem to lack this distinctive feature of the crocodyliform. Instead, they opt for classic, generic crocodile back scales, which is a darn shame.
Guess real life was too boring for Rebor, removing distinct features of an organism ad making them more generic is definitely preferable. ::)

I think they just didn't know. I didn't know until you posted that picture

I think that too. If that's the case, I think that avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO will be interested to know that so they can fix the error.

Killekor

We do know about these back plates or highly modified osteoderms if you will and our Sarcosuchus sculpt certainly has them, they were just poorly shown due to the angel of the photo being taken.

Likeavatar_Patrx @Patrx mentioned - step one of designing a figure of a fossil animal is to look at the fossils which is exactly what we did, don't think anyone would miss those super obvious back plates if they've ever seen fossils of Sacro no matter how ignorant they are; we also used gharial skeletons as reference since they share many similarities with Sarco's and this would give us great results while reconstructing the creature since we know what living gharials look like, by comparing osteoderms with and without soft tissues on them we were able to get clues of how to make Sacro's back look fairly scientifically accurate.

Just want to clarify we love doing researches and we always gather lots of reference materials before actually starting our projects. Making prehistoric animal figurines is not a very profitable business, in fact not at all and we often have to use our own incomes from elsewhere to to fuel the brand, the reason we choose keep doing what we do is because we love perhistoric animals as much as you guys do and we've put tons of effort into our sculpts so please understand that we can feel a little bit offended if people simply assume we know nothing ;)

We come to this forum everyday so next time if you wish to confirm something with us please just ask or avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO, we read all those comments related to us and would more than happy to answer your questions :)

Thanks for the information avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO ! I'm deeply sorry for having thought that you didn't researched well and if I have offended you. And thank you also for being present on the forum in this way.

Furthermore, I really like your wonderful Sarcosuchus which I'm surely going to get when it will be released. As I said various times, also in a Pm I sent you with some questions, you're my favorite toy brand and this model is absolutely exceptional! Does it scales well with the Titanoboa?

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on February 06, 2020, 05:48:45 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on February 06, 2020, 04:44:14 AM
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on February 06, 2020, 02:35:04 AM
We do know about these back plates or highly modified osteoderms if you will and our Sarcosuchus sculpt certainly has them, they were just poorly shown due to the angle of the photo being taken.

Unfortunately photobucket's watermark and blurring makes it very challenging to see these back plates in detail for that particular image, clearer images would absolutely be appreciated!

we also used gharial skeletons as reference since they share many similarities with Sarco's and this would give us great results while reconstructing the creature since we know what living gharials look like, by comparing osteoderms with and without soft tissues on them we were able to get clues of how to make Sacro's back look fairly scientifically accurate.

Gonna wait for clearer images of the Rebor figure before commenting.

the reason we choose keep doing what we do is because we love perhistoric animals as much as you guys do and we've put tons of effort into our sculpts so please understand that we can feel a little bit offended if people simply assume we know nothing ;)

I understand, and I apologise that I offended y'all. Its not that I assume Rebor knows nothing about the species they make; from your most recent figures, you guys are clearly competent at grasping anatomy. What I disagree with is Rebor's mentality that "life is boring", therefore features must be artificially added / subtracted to make the animal "badass" or "awesome".
I fully realise your franchise-inspired products are not meant to reflect the real organism, and that's perfectly fine. I just think that Rebor's original sculpts/designs should better reflect the animal it's based off of, to truly respect and capture the essence of what makes that particular creature so fascinating to so many people. Casual customers and nerds alike.

Yes we are fully capable of creating very scientifically accurate figures however the problem is true dinosaur/prehistoric animal enthusiast are the minorities, there is no argument about this because we are the manufacturer and we do marketing research all the time, the key word here is "buying power",in order to survive at all we must serve the group with the highest buying power, it's nothing personal just realistic business strategy. If someone pays us around £50000 to create a 100% scientifically accurate figure and promise to buy the entire stock then we'll be so open to suggestions!

The good news is through making those "awesomebro" figures over the years we've managed to save some money to launch the GNG line which offers affordable and scientifically accurate figures, please note that although vinyl figures cost less they are still not that cheap, the retail price of our 50cm long Komodo dragon is £15 because we didn't add any profit, just search how much a Sofubi vinyl Komodo Dragon cost and you'll know we are telling the truth - same manufacturing technique, less paint applications, not to mention it's also much smaller. We hope you can realise that the very existence of the REBOR GNG line and the insanely cheap prices are our way of saying sorry to each and every forum memeber we've offended before. So please just let us do what we do to make some money and all of your dreams will come true in time cus we do check your comments everyday and write down your wishes, GNG Giganotosaurus,Carcharodontosaurus,even a living Tenontosaurus, we heard them all.

Well, if you ask us to write our wishes  ;)... can I suggest a Sinornithosaurus, a Concavenator or a Blue Footed Booby?

Anyways, thank you for explaining us your situation! Your's surely a good strategy.

Killekor

P.S. I can't wait to see the Smilodon you mentioned!
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

ceratopsian

Quote from: Mellow Stego on January 30, 2020, 10:36:10 PM

So does anyone here glue the tails onto the dinosaurs?

No, mine was a good close fit. Very well engineered.

Shadowknight1

I'm still hoping for an Allosaur of some kind, be it Allosaurus fragilis or Saurophaganax.  Preferably not GnG, I'd love to see the kind of base you'd design for one, avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Takama

avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO   

Seeing as some (If not all) Of your first models have been bootlegged to death. Have you considered remakeing these species at some point down the road if they have not been remade alredy with the new Snap on Tail machanics? (Examples of ones done alredy are T.Rex Obviously)

I been tempted to buy some of your new products with these new snap on tails(And bendy features.   I see it as a reboot to your line. My Parents loved Green Day, and my Favorite Dinosaur is Dilophosaurus.   So you can guess what my first Rebor Product may be.

However.   I also Would like to Own a Acrocanthosaurus, and yutyrannus as I dont see the original "Solid PVC" Releases as a part of your Rebor Reboot to Combat Bootleggers.

You dont have to make these Remakes anytime soon.   Heck if you like, you can come up with new Scenerios for them :) when you do.

I also want to say im finally glad you got around to makeing herbivories now. And since your Brood Queen wass the biggest PVC figure you released so far, I hope we can expect a Full 1:35 Scale Apatosaurus from you guys (Or Brachiosaurus, Or Brontosaurus, Whatever, the world is lacking 1:35 Scale Sauropods)   

Over9K

Got my Mountain Garden yesterday, and Rebor kills it yet again!

I also noticed that Rebor has changed the name of the "Killer Queen" T. rex, to "King T. rex" on the boxart for the Steg...

Syndicate Bias

I heard GNG Giga and Carcha 😤

Shonisaurus

A giganotosaurus and carcharodontosaur by Rebor would be spectacular figures but I would prefer that they be of the same material as their tyrannosaurus made at the beginning of last year (two versions of paint) or the stegosaurus and ankylosaurus of Rebor (three versions of paint).

avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO On the other hand, when will sarcosuchus, deinosuchus and titanoboa with crocodile prey be available? I am interested in these three works of art, when are these figures expected to be marketed? For me they are more expected figures than other dinosaurs except for the versions of the giant spinosaurus of Rebor scientific version, and its JP-based version.

Halichoeres

It might sound like I'm trolling, but I'm really not. This is legitimately my favorite Rebor product:

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

dragon53

If Rebor releases a Giganotosaurus, what time frame would that be?

Shonisaurus

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Honestly, a kind of prehistoric insect is that of Rebor quite good accompanies the compsognathus and sincerely I would like some brand other than Rebor to make more prehistoric insects. I would be interested in a meganeura, an arthropleura and a prehistoric sea spider.

D @dragon53 On the other hand we will have the impression that waiting a long time before Rebor sells a giganotosaurus, unless the shipment arrives and postpones other products previously announced.

Loon

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 07, 2020, 04:37:30 PM
It might sound like I'm trolling, but I'm really not. This is legitimately my favorite Rebor product:

This makes me wonder why nobody has made a Meganeura yet.

Faelrin

avatar_Loon @Loon Kaiyodo did but I think that's it. I agree that there should be more figures of it though.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

Quote from: Loon on February 07, 2020, 05:00:27 PM

Quote from: Faelrin on February 07, 2020, 05:41:14 PM
avatar_Loon @Loon Kaiyodo did but I think that's it. I agree that there should be more figures of it though.

Everybody's been too busy making the same dozen or so dinosaurs.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 08, 2020, 06:24:23 PM
Quote from: Loon on February 07, 2020, 05:00:27 PM

Quote from: Faelrin on February 07, 2020, 05:41:14 PM

Everybody's been too busy making the same dozen or so dinosaurs.

I'll play Devil's Advocate here.  It's basically a giant dragonfly and you can use any model to stand in for it. If you have a big Dragonfly in your line already then I guess they figure folks will use that.  Safari used to have a really nice one.

I actually love insects and would like someone to produce a really big/1:1 Meganeura.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: dragon53 on February 07, 2020, 04:52:46 PM
If Rebor releases a Giganotosaurus, what time frame would that be?

Not soon enough  :-X

CityRaptor

Aurora also made a Meganeura to be included with their Dimetrodon kit, although I know I got mine with the Ankylosaurus, while the Dimetrodon lacked it, when I got the 90s Revell re-issues.
https://www.tylisaari.com/prehistoricscenes/kits/sail.html
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Loon

Any updates on when the grab n go Tyrannosaurus and Spinosaurus are going to be released?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: