News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megalosaurus

Off topic!!! anyone?
Does REBOR starts to make Chocolate dinosaurs?
Does REBOR sells ice cream?
Seems you are so hungry. If you like chocolate taste this:

^-^ :D :)) :D :)) ^-^ :D :)) ^-^ :D ;D :))

I'll keep buying the REBOR's models that I like (May be even the Magnificient).
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Dobber

Quote from: Patrx on April 06, 2015, 05:44:31 PM
I think you're all forgetting about mint chocolate chip, the once and future king of all ice-cream flavors.

... What were we talking about again?

QFT!!   ^-^

Totally agree. The perfect date snack too!  ;)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

tyrantqueen

QuoteOff topic!!! anyone?
Does REBOR starts to make Chocolate dinosaurs?
Does REBOR sells ice cream?
Seems you are so hungry. If you like chocolate taste this:
It's only a little banter ;) This thread could do with some cheerfulness after all the drama that went down.

TJ_Terrorsaur

I agree with TyrantQueen. Also I can't have Ice cream I'm lactose intolerant. T_T Also also Blue Bell has had a large recall on their ice creams. Cookie dough Ice cream FTW! ;) ;)

OOOH or maybe as a joke/freak dino they could do one that lived in the arctic that's Ice cream themed? That might be kind of neat?

Sumo

Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on April 06, 2015, 10:08:10 PM
I agree with TyrantQueen. Also I can't have Ice cream I'm lactose intolerant. T_T Also also Blue Bell has had a large recall on their ice creams. Cookie dough Ice cream FTW! ;) ;)

OOOH or maybe as a joke/freak dino they could do one that lived in the arctic that's Ice cream themed? That might be kind of neat?
Lactase pills are a lifesaver, literally! :)
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

Dinomike

These ice cream comments made me smile! And rum raisin is my absolute favorite. I will have some and adore both of my Yutyrannus models: Rebor's and Safari's, both of which I love for different reasons. :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Shadowknight1

I think you're all forgetting about mint chocolate chip, the once and future king of all ice-cream flavors.

Hate to disagree with a mod, but I believe that Blue Bell's Malt Shoppe Ice Cream is some of the best EVER.
Quote from: Sim on April 06, 2015, 03:13:01 PM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on April 05, 2015, 11:54:38 PM
Trust me, I'm not angry, I actually want to learn.
Thanks for saying that.  I felt we'd been having a friendly conversation until I read your previous 2 posts which made me think you might be angry.  I'm glad that isn't the case!

Acrocanthosaurus had a ridge running along each side of its snout up to the eye.  It's tallest where it ends, just before the eye.  In the Acrocanthosaurus picture in your post, the crests over the eyes aren't taller than the crest on its snout.  Here's another example of the same thing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrocanthosaurus#/media/File:Acrocanthosaurus_head_BW.jpg  The Rebor model on the other hand has very large crests over the eyes that are quite a bit taller than the crests on its snout: https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8703/16799763320_5c7b0c5774_b.jpg  One can see the difference when comparing it to an Acrocanthosaurus's skull: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrocanthosaurus#/media/File:Acrocanthosaurusskeleton.jpg  I can see that there's another picture (from 2007) on the Acrocanthosaurus Wikipedia page that shows it with crests over the eyes and no visible crests/ridges before the eyes though.
Well, I pointed out the angry eyebrows to REBOR on Facebook and they say it's skin/flesh/scales and not part of the skeleton.  I guess equivalent to our eyebrows.  Just meaner looking lol.  And considering our only other main option for an Acro this year is little more than a generic carcharodontosaur with a humpback, I think I'll go with REBOR despite the mean eyebrows.  Gives ol' Herc some character.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Kayakasaurus

I think we need an ice cream thread! Quick someone think of a reason to make this about dinosaurs. And yes Mint Chocolate chip/chunk is THE BEST! Yyyuuuuuummmmmm although I can relate to some of you hear because I have been dairy free for a few months now... And wheat free... And garlic and tomato and onion and beef... but this is not the health thread.
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: Sumo on April 06, 2015, 10:21:04 PM
Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on April 06, 2015, 10:08:10 PM

Lactase pills are a lifesaver, literally! :)

I honestly keep forgetting about those. ^^;

Oh- If Rebor made a sauropod which one would you all like to see? Me I'd love to see one of the ones mentioned in Dinosaur Revolution or a Brachiosaur.

Takama

Eobrontosaurus. The only Valid Genus with Brontosaurus in the name.

EDIT   It appears That its no longer the case

Arul

Arul

Quote from: ladyferry on April 06, 2015, 04:07:06 PM
I just don't understand the Rebor haters. I love my Rebor dinosaurs.

yes...hating is really not necessary

sauroid

Rebor being a young company, i'm betting on the three most popular/iconic sauropods, Brachiosaurus, Apatosaurus and Diplodocus. (tho they might surprise with an Amargasaurus or Argentinosaurus)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tanystropheus

Quote from: sauroid on April 07, 2015, 05:23:46 AM
Rebor being a young company, i'm betting on the three most popular/iconic sauropods, Brachiosaurus, Apatosaurus and Diplodocus. (tho they might surprise with an Amargasaurus or Argentinosaurus)

I would love to have an ultra-detailed Diplodocus or a Brachio that is complementary to the Papo Brachio. Let's hope they surprise us, instead...those choices are even better.

suspsy

Some of it has to do with the fact that REBOR bills their dinosaurs as "museum quality replicas" when the reality is that they have various scientific inaccuracies.

Some of it has to do with the fact that the REBOR representative who had been posting here was abusive towards other people.

And some of it has to do with the fact that REBOR simply isn't everyone's cup of tea.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sumo

Quote from: tanystropheus on April 07, 2015, 09:09:12 AM
Quote from: sauroid on April 07, 2015, 05:23:46 AM

I would love to have an ultra-detailed Diplodocus or a Brachio that is complementary to the Papo Brachio. Let's hope they surprise us, instead...those choices are even better.

A sauropod, regardless of genus, would be awesome! Rebor's use of bases would mean allowing a less static pose than most model longnecks. Mind you, it wouldn't need to be rearing or rolling or anything like that (though how cool would a reclining apatosaurus be!) but we should at least be able to get one strolling briskly across the landscape.

Another thing about sauropods: they don't have that "but the outdated version is so much cooler" factor you get with theropods. That means there's no reason for Rebor to opt for style over substance, so we should be able to expect a model with correctly positioned nostrils and accurate feet.
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

RobinGoodfellow

...29 pages of comments about Rebor...  ;)  not bad..

Yutyrannus

Quote from: suspsy on April 07, 2015, 03:34:36 PM

Some of it has to do with the fact that REBOR bills their dinosaurs as "museum quality replicas" when the reality is that they have various scientific inaccuracies.

Some of it has to do with the fact that the REBOR representative who had been posting here was abusive towards other people.

And some of it has to do with the fact that REBOR simply isn't everyone's cup of tea.
And some of us it had to do with all three...

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

TJ_Terrorsaur

I wonder what the odds are of Rebor making the Magnificent, because I really want it be an actual figure.

bruno

Personally I'm a fan of Rebor but am a bit amazed how model dinosaurs can stir so much heated debate, I don't agree with people getting banned when some comments they received seemed pretty rude to, seemed bias going on to me.
But apart from that if you don't like them then I guess your not to buy them are you? End of problem
lmo museum Class in open to interpretation and I wouldn't say it means accurate and though I would prefer them to do accurate models I doubt I'll lose sleep over it, after all their t rex could hardly be mistaken for anything else and as far as paintwork goes they're a different class to papo.
Just my two pence worth  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: