News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

RobinGoodfellow

..in the mail today..

:)

RobinGoodfellow

The "Nutcracker Soldier" by Nanmu :

(..I'm so sorry but I really don't have so much time for my usual lights setup ... so picture  is from my iPad..)

Shonisaurus

Nice addition to your collection, those Harryhausen creatures bring back great memories. Remembering is living, especially if the memories are good like those great old movies from my time as a child. Thanks for sharing.

Kapitaenosavrvs

RobinGoodfellow

..a bit bored by usual theropods and searching for something new, I found these :

They are (from left to right) : Mastodonsaurus (1:20) / Coccosteus (1:2) / Greererpeton (1:6) / Metoposaurus (1:20) .

Originally sculpted by Vladislav Egorov and masterfully 3d printed by Paleo Prints .

Some day I'll send them to an artist for colors..

Regards

(pictures from Paleo Prints : )

8)

Faelrin

I ought to pick up that Greerepeton at least. Way better then my take on it lol (although at the time I had some extra material after getting imprints of my turtle's shell after he passed back in 2020, and thought it would be a nice project to do). Thanks for sharing these.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

Those are cool models. Prehistoric amphibians are so rare to get as figures. And I too get a little bored with theropods!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

..this is the longest, widest acquisition in my entire collection: Prehistoric Amphibians by Play Visions

(an old illustration from an even old book..)

I found the first two of them on May 2016 from a well-known DTF member:

Despite a long research after that, I wasn't able to find the others soon..  :-\

On April 2019 I bought five others from Ebay:

..but the elusive Platyhystrix was still missing..

(illustration by G. Ugueto)

Just a month ago a collector from USA had one to sell: despite of the final price (with shipping from USA), I bought it:

Finally, after 6 years of searching, the Play Visions Prehistoric Amphibians Set is complete:

( Eogyrinus / Eryops / Peltobatrachus
Diplocaulus / Platyhystrix / Triadobatrachus
Crassigyrinus / Gerrothorax
)

http://dinotoyblog.com/2014/02/11/prehistoric-amphibians-play-visions/

And today, in the mail, I found another (revisited) classic from Sean Cooper:

I'm quite happy today..  ;)

ceratopsian

Congratulations on finally completing the Play Visions set.  A long search that required a great deal of patience and perseverance!  I don't own any of them but appreciate their attraction.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on June 17, 2022, 05:23:29 PMAnd today, in the mail, I found another (revisited) classic from Sean Cooper:

I'm quite happy today...

I saw this model a couple of days ago at the SIDESHOW site - and I did wonder if they used sean Coopers' original parts,
new parts with the original mold - or is it a complete remake of the model.
Also, what does it look like in real - other than the painting on the box.
I'm curious waiting in patience until you let us see the actual statue...

Takama

I Think that avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon  has the original model with this Exact Color Schme.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on June 18, 2022, 05:24:44 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on June 17, 2022, 05:23:29 PMAnd today, in the mail, I found another (revisited) classic from Sean Cooper:

I'm quite happy today...

I saw this model a couple of days ago at the SIDESHOW site - and I did wonder if they used sean Coopers' original parts,
new parts with the original mold - or is it a complete remake of the model.
Also, what does it look like in real - other than the painting on the box.
I'm curious waiting in patience until you let us see the actual statue...

X-Plus / StarAce Wonders of the Wild resin figures (Mammoth / Concavenator / Dunkleosteus) are totally taken from Sean Coopers' molds (resin kits).
All models are already assembled and painted.
Colors are quite similar to illustrations (just less saturated..).
I'm really sorry but I'm starting a business trip and I won't be back home until the end of June (so, I can't take more pictures until that..)  :-\
Sorry for that.
Regards

Bokisaurus

Awww, those little amphibians :))  Nice to see some new additions and congrats on completing those Playvision... If I have know I could have helped you complete them long ago! ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: