News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Pachyrhinosaurus' Sculpts [2015-2017]

Started by Pachyrhinosaurus, April 05, 2015, 02:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayakasaurus

Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Halichoeres

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on February 24, 2016, 04:09:38 AM
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on February 24, 2016, 01:23:27 AM
Thanks  ^-^ . It's done now:

With the Schleich scale guy. I should make my own for the sake of individuality.
I also started a brontosaurus, also in 1:40 scale:

And finally, the indominus rex is complete!

Lots of other stuff coming soon...

The Europasaurus style looks similar to Battat. Also if you look at my art page I now have some of my artwork on it! ;D

Frankly, I think it's an improvement on the Battat.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks for the positive comments  ^-^ And yes, I have been taking inspiration from the Battat figures, though I use my Carnegies for reference as well.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Takama

Heres an idea. Battat should hire you to carry on Dan LoRussos Legacy. Your models look so much like them that i think you make the perfect successor

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Takama on February 26, 2016, 02:10:22 AM
Heres an idea. Battat should hire you to carry on Dan LoRussos Legacy. Your models look so much like them that i think you make the perfect successor

I agree! You would make a good successor.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Derek.McManus

Some excellent sculpts...thanks for sharing.

Digibasherx

Awesome sculpts, loving that Europasaurus. That Gorgosaurus is adorable.

LophoLeeVT

finally!!!!! irex is now finally finished!!!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks for the positive feedback. I've been busy as of late, but it involved doing a little artwork. Not a dinosaur, but here's my newest sculpture-- a life sized weeping angel!

[Image Removed]
Save Dinoland USA!

spinosaurus1

you sit are awesome beyond measure....

AcroSauroTaurus

Life-size? How tall is it! And what is it made of?
I am the Dinosaur King!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks, guys. She is 5' tall and made of a variety of materials.
The interior frame is two pieces of wood, with newspaper and paper mache built up inside. The robe is canvas covered in monster mud. The body is suspended on a PVC pipe which is fastened to the bottom of an old computer chair (for mobility). The wings are cardboard covered in monster mud and the head is a paper mache form with paper clay for the exterior. The arms came from a mannequin.
Save Dinoland USA!

LophoLeeVT

OOOH!!!! i am definitely interested in this one!!!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Tyto_Theropod

I'll definitely be interested to see how this one comes out! A bit of constructive crit, though: the eye you've sketched out seems very high up in comparison with the skeletal.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks, guys!
I did a final bake of the mammoth and started a glyptodon:

[Image Removed]

Really not sure about how I'm going to do the spikes/pieces around the edges of the shell, was it spiked or smooth? I see both in the pictures.
And some other sculpts I'm doing:

[Image Removed]
Save Dinoland USA!

stargatedalek

What Glyptodont are you making? Because that variation you see is between species.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on June 17, 2016, 02:16:42 AM
What Glyptodont are you making? Because that variation you see is between species.
I'm making glyptodon itself.
Save Dinoland USA!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Tylosaurus prembinensis at 1:15 scale WIP

[Image Removed]

Due to the size, it's rather wobbly and I'm sure I didn't anchor the top end of the rod properly when I put it together. Should be done by october.
Save Dinoland USA!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Mammuthus columbi at 1/40 scale. A few pieces were broken in the preparation process but that is only due to trying a new technique for the base, which I'll be better-prepared for next time.

[Images Removed]
Save Dinoland USA!

Mamasaurus

Lovely! Those are some pretty impressive tusks :D I just love seeing your work. :)

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: