News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Pachyrhinosaurus' Sculpts [2015-2017]

Started by Pachyrhinosaurus, April 05, 2015, 02:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on August 13, 2015, 09:19:08 PM
Quote from: raptor64870 on August 09, 2015, 06:15:17 AM
ok

Isn't it against the rules to spam one word posts like this?
Just use the report button when you see something you think is spam. The mods will take care of it.

LophoLeeVT

sorry i didnt know i was supposed to do thatㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Pachyrhinosaurus

It's been a while. I haven't made much progress, but here's an update with the left legs now there. The arms/legs are always the most difficult part and usually take the longest for me, but that just means it will all be downhill from here. I also started a baby one which is much smaller than I expected. Even though my final year of school is just around the corner, I will hopefully be making progress more quickly soon.

[Images Removed]
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Allaurasorus

Really nice ! I like how tiny the baby is.
I am looking fowrard to see it progress !

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!

fabricious

Very nice hadrosaur! P. cyrtocristatus was the first sculpture I made, and it was in 1/20 too! Still love that species.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks guys!
I didn't realise your para was that large, Fabricious. But then I didn't expect mine to be this size. I can't say it is my favorite scale for sculpting dinosaurs though. After this I'll be returning to 1:40.

Are there any good references for leg spacing in hadrosaurs? I'm almost positive the legs in mine are too close together-- the calves almost touch. I can't really fix it at this point but I want to do what I can to get the proportions correct.
Save Dinoland USA!

Pachyrhinosaurus

[Image Removed]

I did not expect this guy to be so big-- it shows even more now that the tail is bulked out. I am so glad I didn't make it 1/12 as per my original plan. As you can see, I also adjusted the neck and a front leg. I really want this to be done by the fourth of next month so I have to really get myself in gear now. I still don't quite know how to paint it but that will come out in time.
Also, I might be helping out with a haunted house attraction in my town and there is a possibility of me making a JP:TG style troodon 1:1 however it is only in the idea phase and may not be approved.
Save Dinoland USA!

LophoLeeVT

the head of the para is a bit too small

tyrantqueen

Quote from: raptor64870 on September 21, 2015, 08:41:33 AM
the head of the para is a bit too small
I imagine he is going to flesh it out with skin at a later stage. It's only a skull right now.

earth108

Those are really really beautiful sculpts. I'd definitely follow your updates. Great job! :)

Paleona

Looks like it's coming along very nicely!  Good luck meeting your Oct. 4th personal deadline; definitely looking forward to seeing this completed. :)

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks for the positive comments!  ^-^
I just finished the sculpting phase for the parasaurolophus and it's in the oven as I type. While I'm waiting I thought I'd show my newest finished sculpture: Gorgosaurus libratus. It was originally planned as part of my entry for the Diorama Contest, hence my not showing it until now, however I chose to go with another idea. I plan on making more 1:40 scale dinosaurs like this after I'm finished with my current projects.

[Images Removed]
Save Dinoland USA!

jooooo

Halichoeres

I like the pose! I presume an armature is keeping it upright?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

LophoLeeVT

oh it is a gorgosaurus i never seen someone do a feathered because i thought everyone has got the scaly gorgo from the wwd series iin the head...
anyway, good work!

(edited by admin for overuse of exclamation marks)

Dinomike

That is a beautiful sculpture! A very dynamic pose! You are talented!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Mamasaurus

Beautiful Gorgosaurus.  :) Its color and form are absolutely lovely, and I really like the distribution of feathers.  The transition from feathers to scales feels natural, and not like some Frankenstein mush mash that is so prevalent these days  ^-^

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

Kayakasaurus

Looks beautiful! Sort of reminds me of Faunacasts.
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

A.Garcia

Nice updates, Pachyrhinosaurus. I look forward to seeing the finished Parasaurolophus- they've always been among my favorites.

I like seeing your interpretation of Gorgosaurus. Like others have said its pose is good; the little tilt especially gives the sense of weight and inertia for a huge animal moving with that amount of energy. That is one definite benefit of having a base for a sculpture. I think it would be fun to do a prehistoric sculpture the way Kitan Club does some of its models where everything is attached to a base but looks like separate suspended objects (fish w/ fin tips connected, etc.) I also like its beady eyes, which avoid a sinister expression.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: