You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

I'm looking forward to the new Balaur wings. Probably will encouage me to purchase the Balaur instead of the Zhenyuanlong (as zhenyuanlong's secondaries are still inaccurate), we'll see how this goes.

postsaurischian

BackerKit lock down date has been extended to Oct. 7th!

Flaffy

DinoLord

I find myself preferring the FC color schemes compared to the originals. Good thing David extended the survey lockdown date, as it'll take some serious contemplation to decide which ones I want.

ItsTwentyBelow

Awesome! I selected that Fan's Choice Pyroraptor as my third (and last!) full size raptor a few weeks ago. I believe I will stick with it.

It's been a tossup between that and Adasaurus. Very glad that I am able to compare both prototypes before the Backerkit survey wraps up.

I decided that I wanted my raptors to each be representative of different continents: Atrociraptor from N. America, Pyroraptor from Europe, and Velociraptor from Asia.

Can't wait to actually have these in hand! And the diorama packs!!!

Brontozaurus

It's getting harder and harder not to break all the limits I've tried to impose on how many I buy.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Nanuqsaurus

How fast does this guy work?!  :o It seems like there's a new raptor every day, and they all look wonderful! :))

Dobber

I like the FC Pyroraptor but it's something about the pattern on the wings that keeps me from loving it. I don't know....maybe how the primary and secondaries color patterns are just repeated.  :-\

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Sim

This new Facebook post included this new photo :):

Flaffy

I really like the Saurornitholestes l. The roadrunner colour scheme works surprisingly well.
I still prefer the original zhenyuanlong over the FC one. (not a fan of the stripes on the tail, same goes for adasaurus and liheraptor)
The dromae and pyro are nice additions, but not enough to make me buy them.

Dobber

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

terrorchicken

seeing them at different angles in regular lighting really helps give a better idea what these look like. I was kinda meh on kestral-raptor, now I think its really nice!

what is the one behind roadrunner-raptor? have we seen an official pic of him yet?

its funny(& kinda embarrassing) that I remember the birds names better than the raptors name.  :-[

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: terrorchicken on August 28, 2016, 08:27:08 PM
seeing them at different angles in regular lighting really helps give a better idea what these look like. I was kinda meh on kestral-raptor, now I think its really nice!

what is the one behind roadrunner-raptor? have we seen an official pic of him yet?

its funny(& kinda embarrassing) that I remember the birds names better than the raptors name.  :-[

I believe it's the Zhen/Hornbill fan's choice figure.

LophoLeeVT

wow i only have been away for a few days and there are TONS of new raptors!!!!!
but i cant get them....
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Flaffy

I wonder how long it'll take for China to make bootleg figures of these raptors.
I'm 100% against pirating and bootlegging, but if bootleg raptors are made, I wonder how they will be made...  ::)

stargatedalek

I think I'm probably going to stick to the accessory sets (but that Saurornitholestes is so dearly tempting). All of these are absolutely beautiful, but with limited finances I want to get the most bang for my buck.

Faelrin

I got to go to that JerseyFest thing on Saturday and saw these (and talked with David for some time too). Seeing those in person really helped me to re-evaluate and re-prioritize my choices and solidifying others, since I was able to get a full 3D perspective on them rather then just the 2D perspective from the images that I'm used to. I already loved that kestrel Dromaeosaurus, but its my absolute favorite now, after seeing it there, and that road runner Saurornitholestes came out better then I expected, same for the purple Zhenyuanlong, varied thrush Pyroraptor, etc. It was also nice to see their actual sizes in person, as it allowed me to evaluate how much space I have for them, and any in the future (I don't have any shelves yet, but just a single display area), since the finished ones should be the same or similar size. Now its just a matter of funds come October (to add onto the amount I dropped into the kickstarter campaign), and seeing the accessory packs (though I think I know which I will pick, if at least one) as they get done.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

And pictures or details about the line that we may not know about yet?
^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Halichoeres

Quote from: Faelrin on August 30, 2016, 12:29:25 AM
I got to go to that JerseyFest thing on Saturday and saw these (and talked with David for some time too). Seeing those in person really helped me to re-evaluate and re-prioritize my choices and solidifying others, since I was able to get a full 3D perspective on them rather then just the 2D perspective from the images that I'm used to. I already loved that kestrel Dromaeosaurus, but its my absolute favorite now, after seeing it there, and that road runner Saurornitholestes came out better then I expected, same for the purple Zhenyuanlong, varied thrush Pyroraptor, etc. It was also nice to see their actual sizes in person, as it allowed me to evaluate how much space I have for them, and any in the future (I don't have any shelves yet, but just a single display area), since the finished ones should be the same or similar size. Now its just a matter of funds come October (to add onto the amount I dropped into the kickstarter campaign), and seeing the accessory packs (though I think I know which I will pick, if at least one) as they get done.

Imagine our collective envy! I was just in New Jersey a couple of weeks ago, so close and yet so far.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

I live in central Pennsylvania, so it was just close enough for me to go, and I just had to go. Well there was the roadrunner and hornbill fan vote variants there, along with the rest of the finished prototypes, but there have been pictures uploaded to the FB showing these now (and the table of everything that was there at JerseyFest as well). The fan's choice Pyroraptor does have some of the bluish coloration on the black parts like in the artwork. Was easier to pick up on that there, then from the images posted of it. My mom took lots of pictures (I went with her), for me with her phone, since I forgot to bring mine, since I usually just use mine for calling. May be a bit before I get them on my computer though.

I did take one of those checklist cards and stickers that were there as well. I mostly just looked at the prototypes and model kits (in awe), and chatted with him about this line, and dinosaur toys in general though.  I only asked a couple of things. One was if the bases of the figures would match the accessory packs (and specifically if both Dromeaosaurus figures would work with the mountain one, and yeah they should/will), since it related to my survey's choices. I also asked if Styracosaurus (because its my favorite of the ceratopsians) will be in the ceratopsian line. That's a yes, I think, though that may have been a given if that's what the one in the silhouette is. There was lots of other stuff discussed, but I think I'll edit this later, or make another post later, to share, since I'm getting too tired to type it up (I need to get to bed). It was super fun though for me there, at least.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: