News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Acrocanthosaurus: "Hercules"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 05:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvanusaurus

Is there anywhere in the uk to preorder the Acro, or will it not be available to purchase here until it's released?

Rain

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on September 10, 2015, 11:00:46 AM
Is there anywhere in the uk to preorder the Acro, or will it not be available to purchase here until it's released?

Both Dan's dinosaurs and Big bid toy store have him up for preorder

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Rain on September 10, 2015, 11:17:05 AM

I mean specifically somewhere based in the uk (so it wouldn't incur import/high postage costs).

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Arul on September 10, 2015, 06:03:13 AM
Preordered mine on Adopt-a-Saurus ID :D they said rebor acro status is now "fresh out from the oven (factory)" and "ready to serve" very very soon :P

EXCELLENT!  We are all VERY hungry for this one too!!!!   :)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on September 10, 2015, 11:40:31 AM
Quote from: Rain on September 10, 2015, 11:17:05 AM

I mean specifically somewhere based in the uk (so it wouldn't incur import/high postage costs).
I'm presuming you've looked at Everything Dinosaur? They seem not to have it available for preorder, but I'm sure they'll have it pretty quickly.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 10, 2015, 06:50:46 PM
I'm presuming you've looked at Everything Dinosaur? They seem not to have it available for preorder, but I'm sure they'll have it pretty quickly.
Yeah, I wasn't sure whether they offer pre-orders or just make things available once they are in stock. 

joossa

Quote from: Viking Spawn on September 10, 2015, 06:12:01 PM
Quote from: Arul on September 10, 2015, 06:03:13 AM
Preordered mine on Adopt-a-Saurus ID :D they said rebor acro status is now "fresh out from the oven (factory)" and "ready to serve" very very soon :P

EXCELLENT!  We are all VERY hungry for this one too!!!!   :)

Our very own Shadowknight asked them on FB how much longer it was going to take before the release. They finally responded by saying: On the way to the whole world, just check stores next week

They are probably feeling a lot of pressure about this release. It's been very anticipated and they are also coming out of the Ceratosaurus release from a couple months ago. It'll definitely be under the magnifying glass once it's out.

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on September 10, 2015, 07:07:05 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on September 10, 2015, 06:50:46 PM
Yeah, I wasn't sure whether they offer pre-orders or just make things available once they are in stock.
They have mentioned that they generally do not offer any preorders. I say, it doesn't hurt to send them and email and ask. They could potentially reserve one for you, which I think they have done in the past.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

joossa

Double Post. Sorry!
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tyrantqueen

I'm actually tempted to place an order for this one. Can't resist a big theropod :P I haven't liked any of their previous models but I do like the look of the Acro.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 10, 2015, 07:33:15 PM
I'm actually tempted to place an order for this one. Can't resist a big theropod :P I haven't liked any of their previous models but I do like the look of the Acro.
You can always wait and make sure it doesn't have any QC issues when members here(like me!) get our grubby mitts on them.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Viking Spawn

I plan on doing another full image gallery after its release.  I loved their Ceratosaurs!  Let's see if this one can top it!

Monkeysaurus

Just received this in my e-mail from BigBadToys in reference to the Acro -

"Hello,

We are expecting this item to arrive within the next 10 business days (barring any unforeseen complications or shipping delays) and will begin processing preorders as soon as the shipment reaches our warehouse."

Woot woo!
Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean

Viking Spawn

Awesome!  Thank you for that info Monkeysaurus!!!   :)

Arul

10 business days, is that means about 2 weeks to go ? Well at least it will ready this month  :))

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Arul on September 12, 2015, 12:03:22 AM
10 business days, is that means about 2 weeks to go ? Well at least it will ready this month  :))

2 weeks will be my next pay check.  If that's the case, PERFECT TIMING!!!!   ;D

Monkeysaurus

That would make its arrival to warehouses slated for Friday the 25th of September. If it ships out that day (I have it on pre-order) it would probably get to me by Tuesday the 29th. This is of course based upon things going exactly as planned. I'll keep you guys posted on any further updates from BigBadToys.
Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean

Shadowknight1

Potentially less than.  It does say "within 10 business days" after all.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on September 12, 2015, 04:45:12 PM

Potentially less than.  It does say "within 10 business days" after all.

Unfortunately, the weekends are not usually considered business days.  However, the key word in that sentence is "within."   But then again, maybe the bbts doesn't close during the weekends either.  But that is wishful thinking......

utd7

Finally we are getting some news on this beasty, I just can't wait to see this thing live along with his brothers.

Also, Viking Spawn I think you will take some fabulous photos of Hercules.
We live in a Jurassic World

Viking Spawn

Quote from: utd7 on September 13, 2015, 01:05:09 PM
Finally we are getting some news on this beasty, I just can't wait to see this thing live along with his brothers.

Also, Viking Spawn I think you will take some fabulous photos of Hercules.

I'll do my best.   ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: