News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Acrocanthosaurus: "Hercules"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 05:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: ARUL on July 24, 2015, 12:40:12 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 23, 2015, 09:26:55 PM
Quote from: Sim on July 23, 2015, 08:46:43 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 22, 2015, 03:03:13 PM
This Acrocanthosaurus of Rebor makes fools of the other figures of the same species from other factories.

Rebor is already for me with this my favorite company.
It's clear a lot of skill has gone into making the Rebor Acrocanthosaurus.  It's not true it makes fools of other Acrocanthosaurus figures though and it seems unnecessary to say so, particularly since some of these other Acrocanthosaurus figures clearly had research, skill and care put into them.  The Rebor Acro also looks like it might have the largest feet out of every figure of this species?  I like the Acrocanthosaurus by Battat and by Wild Safari.  So far, the Rebor Acrocanthosaurus doesn't interest me at all.

I do not deny that the Acrocanthosaurus Battat and Safari are spectacular I have to admit I'm not an expert in toy figures of prehistoric animals as it should be since the paleontological and paleoartístico point. But it must be admitted and that is another favorite with the aforementioned company that is at least better Acrocanthosaurus Collecta.

The Collecta Acrocanthosaurus I just bought the Carcharodontosaurus eerily remind me of last year.

If we only considering about the anatomy of figure itself (not considering about education card, diorama, paint, sculp, from rebor) i think comparing rebor with safari, carnegie, battat, collecta is not fair because they are totally dedicate themself to educate people only by the figure, yeah maybe sometime by their website/tag on the figure but the explanation is very short. just like Rebor said by himself that they are combining movie monster and scientific accurate dinosaur to reach all kind of dinosaur fans because every people have the own way to love dinosaur

I give you the reason Arul regarding each company has its philosophy of how to dinosaurs.

Moreover the Acrocanthosaurus for me is a big figure, but I have to admit I was excited that of Rebor I think a figure superdetallada but yes without underestimating at Collecta. I just like it and look forward to the Acrocanthosaurus Rebor.

With this I hope I have not offended anyone. First of all I apologize Arul if you have not liked my words perhaps quite bold and all forum members.

Arul

No no im alright with your word i love rebor acro most too  :D hehe

Sim

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 24, 2015, 01:19:28 AM
Then I see that in the end the Acrocanthosaurus no pupils or are perhaps as discussed in the forum gold.
If you click on the picture below making it bigger, it looks like it has a small black pupil facing forward.
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on July 24, 2015, 01:06:45 AM

Simon

Oh my gosh those things are more like snowshoes than feet!!!

What a pity.  Otherwise its a fantastic sculpt, it may be their best yet ...

Arul

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on July 19, 2015, 03:20:32 PM

BAM.  They say the full official photos will be up next week.
Quote from: Sim on July 24, 2015, 02:57:49 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 24, 2015, 01:19:28 AM
Then I see that in the end the Acrocanthosaurus no pupils or are perhaps as discussed in the forum gold.
If you click on the picture below making it bigger, it looks like it has a small black pupil facing forward.
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on July 24, 2015, 01:06:45 AM

Between gold eye no pupils, gold eye with black pupils or black eye with gold pupils.  :))

Sim

Isn't it impossible for a pupil to appear as a colour that isn't black?  (Except for temporarily in some cases when light passes through them.)  I would be surprised if the Rebor Acro didn't have black pupils, but it is hard to tell from the photos.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Simon on July 24, 2015, 02:59:57 AM
Oh my gosh those things are more like snowshoes than feet!!!

What a pity.  Otherwise its a fantastic sculpt, it may be their best yet ...
Well, they have to support more than just Herc, so I let it go.  The sculpt and colors are just astounding, so glad I decided to make this my Acro of the year instead of CollectA's.

Also, sent a message to REBOR asking about the pupils, will pass on any info that I receive.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Sim on July 23, 2015, 08:46:43 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 22, 2015, 03:03:13 PM
This Acrocanthosaurus of Rebor makes fools of the other figures of the same species from other factories.

Rebor is already for me with this my favorite company.
It's clear a lot of skill has gone into making the Rebor Acrocanthosaurus.  It's not true it makes fools of other Acrocanthosaurus figures though and it seems unnecessary to say so, particularly since some of these other Acrocanthosaurus figures clearly had research, skill and care put into them.  The Rebor Acro also looks like it might have the largest feet out of every figure of this species?  I like the Acrocanthosaurus by Battat and by Wild Safari.  So far, the Rebor Acrocanthosaurus doesn't interest me at all.

While I agree with your assessment, I feel that the REBOR Acro is the only version that is luxurious enough to showcase in a high-end curio.

ZaZZU2

New Acrocanthosaurus picture from REBOR's Facebook showing some of its features.  :)

Wish they showed it beside the T-rex for a size comparison.  ^-^

Shadowknight1

QuoteThe hunt took place at midnight  :) Remember REBOR dinosaurs are not any dinosaur, each product has it's own identity and background story, they are characters, we would prefer to see collectors refer this product as "REBOR Hercules" instead of Acrocanthosaurus. BTW Hercules is just the first part of a large diorama, the prey in his mouth is 1/3 of a Tenontosaurus, where is the rest of his body? You will find out later  ;)

The message I got from REBOR in response to asking about Herc's pupils!

Battatitan

Strangely I'm not as impressed with Hercules' colouration as I'd have thought. Don't get me wrong, the sculpt and Tenontosaurus are fantastic (cool idea with the Ceryneian Hind, too), and I probably will end up falling for him, but I just feel the paint job doesn't meet the grandeur the model deserves. Perhaps it's the heavy black and repetitive orange splashes down the spine, I don't know. Anyone else feel this way?

Regarding REBOR's response ShadowKnight, the diorama idea really does make for exciting prospects. Hopefully we'll get a Tenonto herd and Acro pack?  :P :D

Dobber

Quote from: Battatitan on July 24, 2015, 12:10:18 PM
Strangely I'm not as impressed with Hercules' colouration as I'd have thought. Don't get me wrong, the sculpt and Tenontosaurus are fantastic (cool idea with the Ceryneian Hind, too), and I probably will end up falling for him, but I just feel the paint job doesn't meet the grandeur the model deserves. Perhaps it's the heavy black and repetitive orange splashes down the spine, I don't know. Anyone else feel this way?

Regarding REBOR's response ShadowKnight, the diorama idea really does make for exciting prospects. Hopefully we'll get a Tenonto herd and Acro pack?  :P :D

Honestly, I feel the same. Don't get me wrong I like how it looks and I am still getting it, but it does lack the WOW that I felt for the Ceratosaurus and even the more simplistic yet similar King T-Rex color.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Viking Spawn

I think this new model looks fantastic!  The feet are understandable due to the balance and prey issues.  Definitely looking forward to this one and to taking some photos of it!  Luckily, September isn't too far away!   :)

tyrantqueen

Credit where credit is due, the Acrocanthosaurus looks fantastic. I'll even go so far as to say it's the best looking Acrocanthosaurus I've seen reproduced in toy form, bar none.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on July 24, 2015, 03:16:26 AM
Isn't it impossible for a pupil to appear as a colour that isn't black?  (Except for temporarily in some cases when light passes through them.)  I would be surprised if the Rebor Acro didn't have black pupils, but it is hard to tell from the photos.
Maybe we're just seeing the tapetum?  ;)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

joossa

I think the coloration is fantastic. These models' details and paint schemes/jobs are really breathtaking the first time you see them in person. Photos, no matter how good, never do them (and other figures) justice. /cliche

I'm really liking Rebor's use of social media and their marketing strategy with their products, giving them names, stories, and making subsequent models relate to older models in dioramas. Very strategic and fun approach to producing their models and pretty cohesive with the use of accessories and bases.

Anyway, with the new response from Rebor, we can make some deductions:

1. Hercules will be involved with the "Ceryneian Hind" and "the Cerberus Clan" in a multi-part diorama.
2. From the color images, we already know "Ceryneian Hind" is the dead Tenontosaurus.
3. They told  us today that something else took the rest of the "Ceryneian Hind's" carcass.
4. We know Cerberus has three heads, so "the Cerberus Clan" is likey to include 3 members. Likely a pack of carnivores (raptors?) since Cerberus is likely to reflect something vicious like a carnivore and not a herbivore.

If you do the math, "the Cerberus Clan" will likely be a pack of 3 carnivores that have the rest of the Tenontosaurus' carcass that are part of a diorama that can be displayed next to/in front of the Arco's diorama.

QuoteSpoilers alert! Hercules the Acrocanthosaurus is also related to future products, we won't say what they are, but the nick name will be "Ceryneian Hind" and "Cerberus", and yes they are all dinosaurs, and their bases can be combined together to form a large diorama, same concept as REBOR T-rex vs Triceratops diorama

QuoteThe purpose of packaging is to protect polystone bases, which are parts of the products, without the packaging they will just break during the transportation, plus diorama bases play a big part in REBOR collectibles, they all related to future products, King T-rex vs King Triceratops, Savage vs Ravage, Hercules vs The Cerberus clan, all planned out rom the very beginning. Also from the feedback now we can tell the price is not harming us at all, we have distributed LOTS of products globally and have already set up our prestige in the field.

QuoteBTW Hercules is just the first part of a large diorama, the prey in his mouth is 1/3 of a Tenontosaurus, what took the rest of the body? You will find out later
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Shonisaurus

Certainly the foot of the hind legs of Acrocanthosaurus I guess I have made this considerable size because they had no other choice.

Otherwise should have joined the dinosaur to the base as has happened with the feathered tyrannosaurus rex Collecta, I understand that that's the reason.

The other option would be to make a figure like the velociraptor of Rebor (albeit having improved and amended manufacturing faults) with removable parts.

The truth and the truth is that I see little chance of creating figures of autonomous toy dinosaurs and even resin with very stylized hind legs, I understand it is very difficult (eye not impossible for example have achieved with the current Rebor ceratosaurus reissued) but it is normal to suffer from instability.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 24, 2015, 03:20:46 PM
Quote from: Sim on July 24, 2015, 03:16:26 AM
Maybe we're just seeing the tapetum?  ;)
They've stated that we're seeing the eye as though we're seeing it as a night predator.  Think seeing a cat's glowing eyes at night.
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 24, 2015, 06:51:45 PM
I'm guessing raptors.
Considering the area that Acrocanthosaurus and Tenontosaurus lived in, as well as a previous hint, I would assume Deinonychus antirrhopus is the most likely candidate.  They mentioned that Deinonychus would probably be their attempt at a truly accurate feathered dinosaur.  However, considering the size of the dinosaur, a single specimen would be almost 4 inches long.  Not exactly a grand model, especially with Hercules being about 13" long.

DinoLord

This would be a near-perfect model if only the feet were smaller. It's unfortunate that even with the base the feet still have to be oversized for stability. This is the one hangup that's prevented me from getting any Rebor products even after the stability issues have been resolved. Personally I would prefer an attached base or even a peg insert.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: