News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

British Museum (Natural History) by Invicta

Started by DinoToyForum, May 07, 2012, 12:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorchicken

lol, are they  chocolate colored plastic or they can actually be eaten? Imagine how much chocolate the brachiasaur would have if it was solid.
I dont think Id want to eat bootleg chocolate anything...

Lanthanotus

Thanks for sharing these golden Invictas, InvictaHunter, really impressive. Do you show off your whole collection somewhere?

A complete other topic, but did not want to start a new thread just for this question.... Tyrantqueen posted a video about (film)modelmaking by Arthru Hayland in this thread quite a time ago. Now, I was wondering, why to put such a complex and intricate skeleton model into the latex jacket  rather than a simplified metal framework. Or did they just use the skeleton for "dramatic" purposes here?

Beginning 1:50...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_oBI385qSE

Libraraptor

:o Those golden Invictas made me..., well  l leave that to you. ;)

Takama

Quote from: terrorchicken on June 18, 2016, 06:43:36 PM
lol, are they  chocolate colored plastic or they can actually be eaten? Imagine how much chocolate the brachiasaur would have if it was solid.
I dont think Id want to eat bootleg chocolate anything...

Im heaving a hard time finding the images. they were on someones facebook. and the only one i remember is the Triceratops.   I believe they would be hollow.

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: Lanthanotus on June 18, 2016, 08:29:31 PM
Thanks for sharing these golden Invictas, InvictaHunter, really impressive. Do you show off your whole collection somewhere?

Im glad you liked them.
At the moment i dont have many photos on the forum but i will do soon.
I've got some new display cabinets and im taking my time filling them but when im done i'll take some photos.

Libraraptor

As many of you know, I probably belong to the top ten fans worldwide of the  Invicta line. They, more exactly their Stegosaurus and Diplodocus were my entrance to a higher lever of my dinosaurmania 25 or so years ago.

I didn´t need to justify myself for the fact I collected ugly rubber toys but could say with my twelve years "Well, look, these are serious models from a Natural History Museum", so my dinosaur passion was taken more seriously.

Plus, I really love their sculpt, style and look and everything.

That is why it totally struck me today! I was given an insight into an alternative time in which Invicta or Invicta style figures would still exist!

I bought eight second hand issues of the great Prehistoric Times magazine (which I appreciate more and more now after having read many old issues from the pre-internet times and more recent ones)  and saw at page 58 ff of issue Nr.112 that Robert Telleria had ideas about speculative new models for that line. The "new old" models look absolutely stunning and I wonder why nobody seems to think about a reissue with new species in the look that Invicta style.

Yes, this entry reminds me at one I made on version 1 over seven years ago, and still I am daydreaming about new models in the BMNH Invicta style :-\ Desperate, I know, but I am allowed to dream, right?

By the way, does anyone know if these speculative figures are available?!?

Takama

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 26, 2016, 02:05:42 PM
As many of you know, I probably belong to the top ten fans worldwide of the  Invicta line. They, more exactly their Stegosaurus and Diplodocus were my entrance to a higher lever of my dinosaurmania 25 or so years ago.

I didn´t need to justify myself for the fact I collected ugly rubber toys but could say with my twelve years "Well, look, these are serious models from a Natural History Museum", so my dinosaur passion was taken more seriously.

Plus, I really love their sculpt, style and look and everything.

That is why it totally struck me today! I was given an insight into an alternative time in which Invicta or Invicta style figures would still exist!

I bought eight second hand issues of the great Prehistoric Times magazine (which I appreciate more and more now after having read many old issues from the pre-internet times and more recent ones)  and saw at page 58 ff of issue Nr.112 that Robert Telleria had ideas about speculative new models for that line. The "new old" models look absolutely stunning and I wonder why nobody seems to think about a reissue with new species in the look that Invicta style.

Yes, this entry reminds me at one I made on version 1 over seven years ago, and still I am daydreaming about new models in the BMNH Invicta style :-\ Desperate, I know, but I am allowed to dream, right?

By the way, does anyone know if these speculative figures are available?!?

Those were made to be What ifs, in case the line continued. they are not actual models that the Company created. Also, i think that those models are one of a kind.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Takama on July 28, 2016, 03:20:53 AM

Those were made to be What ifs, in case the line continued. they are not actual models that the Company created. Also, i think that those models are one of a kind.

Yeah, I was aware of this, I guess it just carried me away somehow again. Just imagine an Invicta Ankylosaurus or a Spinosaurus or or or  ^-^

Roselaar

But... they were made, then? Any pics?

Libraraptor

Quote from: Roselaar on July 28, 2016, 08:48:37 PM

But... they were made, then? Any pics?

If anyone explained to me credibly that it´s okay to show the pics by scanning the appropriate pages of Prehistoric Times I´d do that, but I don´t want to get into any copyright conflicts. These are difficult times as far as copyright issues are concerned.

Takama

Here are the photos of the models. I scaned the pages and then just cut out the article

From back to front Quetzacoatlus, Spinosaurus.
Pentaceratops, Galalmimus, Albertosaurus, Baluchithrium
Tylosaurus, Styracosaurus, Deinonychus, Allosaurus, Parasaurolophus
Protoceratops, Ankylosaurus, Scolosaurus, Kentrosaurus, Plateosaurus
Smilodon, Ceolodonta

IF anyone has any objections with this post, please say so, and i will delete these images from the source

Libraraptor

Thank you, Takama! Aren´t these WhatIf Invictas are feast for the eyes?!

CityRaptor

Yes. Speaking of PT and Invicta, do you also have the issue dealing with the "Origin of the Series"?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 28, 2016, 10:51:53 PM
Yes. Speaking of PT and Invicta, do you also have the issue dealing with the "Origin of the Series"?

My library goes back to issue 110 so no

Halichoeres

Wow, those are lovely! Pity they never saw release.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Postosuchus84

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 28, 2016, 10:51:53 PM

It sounds familiar. Do you know what issue it's in?

CityRaptor

I know that 99 and 100 both have parts of the series in it.
Oh no

Rain

Wow, I didn't even know those existed. Thanks for sharing Takama!

Daspletodave

Cool pics. I always thought Invicta should have made an Allosaurus.
Speaking of Invicta, I'm sure the molds still exist. At some point a new owner is sure to reissue them.  Old molds never die, they just get re-released under a new name.

CityRaptor

Sadly this is only partially true. Around half of the Prehsitoric Scenes kits were lost that way.
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: