News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA New for 2016

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, November 06, 2015, 07:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Dangit, CollectA, you know I love you, but you REALLY need to retire a bunch of your old dinosaurs. They are, quite frankly, an embarrassment.

Also, CollectA's assortment of ungulates is quite, quite impressive. Does any other company boast that many?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dilopho

Quote from: suspsy on December 23, 2015, 08:39:47 PM
Dangit, CollectA, you know I love you, but you REALLY need to retire a bunch of your old dinosaurs. They are, quite frankly, an embarrassment.

Also, CollectA's assortment of ungulates is quite, quite impressive. Does any other company boast that many?
Which ones do you think they should retire?  ???
I think they should probably retire the T. rex with prey. While I think it looks nice, it's too bulky and the head is weirdly shaped.

alexeratops

Quote from: Dilopho on December 23, 2015, 09:46:28 PM

Which ones do you think they should retire???
I think they should probably retire the T. rex with prey. While I think it looks nice, it's too bulky and the head is weirdly shaped.

*shudder*
like a bantha!

Dilopho

Quote from: alexeratops on December 23, 2015, 10:00:36 PM

*shudder*
Call me stupid, but apart from not being able to figure out which dinosaur that is.....that seems like a figure I would enjoy owning! It's very inaccurate, but it looks cool to me, and fun!

tyrantqueen

It's Eustreptospondylus, a British dinosaur that happened to be found near to where I live :)

Dilopho

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 23, 2015, 10:16:38 PM
It's Eustreptospondylus, a British dinosaur that happened to be found near to where I live :)
Oh! I didn't recognise it! I'm from Britain too, so I have a Eustreptospondylus plushie that sits in my bed when I go to sleep! I called him Fernie because he's green, like a fern. This is a photo of him I took in Scotland last year!

Shonisaurus

From my point of view many should be reissued as: Shunosaurus, Rebbachisaurus, Dracorex or Cetiosaurus give some examples apart from Eustreptospondylus,

Moreover Cetiosaurus first found in Britain. Other than that it is the first sauropod discovered.

suspsy

Quote from: Dilopho on December 23, 2015, 09:46:28 PM

Which ones do you think they should retire?  ???

I'm actually rather fond of that T. rex in spite of its flaws. :)

Geez, where to start? All of the baby dinosaurs save for the 2014 Juvenile T. rex. A whole lot of Standard toys, ranging from the Styracosaurus to the Brachiosaurus to the Dracorex. And certain of the Deluxes, especially the Nigersaurus.

LophoLeeVT

PLEASE dont!!!
i really am on a quest to collect them all. i should get them fast!!!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

sauroid

yes they should update some of their first wave figures. Eustreptospondylus, Dilophosaurus, Allosaurus, Oviraptor, Polacanthus, to name just a few.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dilopho

Has anyone ordered the feathered Tyrannosaurus from Everything Dinosaur? If so, do they include the little collecta human for scale or not?

suchomimus

The 'Prehistoric life' list near the end of the catalogue is just so ridiculously long!! CollectA's list of specie made is really commendable but yeah, despite their slow and steady efforts in "updating" previously made dinos in recent years (new feathered rexes, deinochierus, spino, allosauroid, etc) I think more should be done to replace older sculpts too!

Also, poor struthio had a bad haircut on page 6 of the catalogue :(

Dilopho

Apologies for double posting. Do Collecta make any other human "for scale" figures other than the standard guy holding with a hat, pickaxe and binoculars?....I'm almost ashamed to admit that I've been playing with the human figure almost as much as the Spinosaurus he came with! I just like how, unlike the other human figures I have (all of which are either 3.75" or 5" tall) he is actually in scale with most of my dinosaurs and other animals!

I feel like he is some sort of time-travelling palaeontologist. He's not just content with digging up the bones of animals.....he wants to see them in action! So he goes back in time to different time periods to see them! Maybe he also collects "fresh" non-fossilized bones from the areas he visits, too, so that he can build better dinosaur skeletons than anyone else! I feel like he should have a name....maybe...Safari Steve? Safari Stephano? It has to be alliteration. Like in a cartoon. Maybe Safari Sam. I don't know!

So, Safari [name beginning with S] retreats back to his base with his new goal of seeing a living Pteranodon. There are so many questions he would like to be answered...were their wings sharp or rounded? Were they cliff-dwellers or free-roamers? What colours were they? What shape was the crest? So many facts will be learned! He hears a loud screech, and he knows that his plan of placing fish on the top of his base had worked, and he had succeeded in attracting a Pteranodon!

...Or had he? Safari [name beginning with S] looks at the visitor with a puzzled look. What the heck was this creature? It wasn't a Pteranodon, Ludodactylus, or any other Pterosaur he knew of. Look how malnourished it was! He could even see the bones in its arms! The human decided to get a closer look at this creature. And the creature looked right back at him. The yellow eyes locked onto him like a turret. The clearly malnourished Pterosaur had just found its well-needed next meal. As Safari [name beginning with S] realised that the animal was preparing to take off into the air, it was too late. The weakened wings of the creature still had impressive power, and it launched itself into the air with terrifying speed, looped round and grabbed the human.

As the skeletal terror carried him away, Safari [name beginning with S] wondered if his career had come to an end. Was this...it? Was he going to die? No! Not today! He raises his pickaxe into the air, and with all his remaining strength, flings it down, down into the forest below. The heavy metal object swirled through the air as it descended, until finally, it collided with the heavy, scaled skin...of a Tyrannosaurus. The Tyrannosaur looks around for the enemy that just hurt her. The first thing she sees is the oncoming Pterosaur. She connects the pain with the creature, and assumes that she has been attacked by this....thing. This thing that dare attack her! The queen of the forest! She will NOT have this! She will show the thing who is dominant in this area!

As Safari [name beginning with S] tumbles to the ground, he realises, that he will live another day!

Oh gosh. Sorry. I kind of rambled on a bit there. But yeah, basically, are there any other types of Collecta "for scale" figures?

suspsy

Quote from: Dilopho on December 26, 2015, 05:10:22 PM
Has anyone ordered the feathered Tyrannosaurus from Everything Dinosaur? If so, do they include the little collecta human for scale or not?

Mine included the human figure when CollectA sent it to me. I just toss them out. Unless they're from Lego, human figures hold no appeal for me.

Concavenator

@Suspsy Does CollectA send you their new  models every year? I know they sent you the Tyrannosaurus and the two Spinos.

terrorchicken

QuoteApologies for double posting. Do Collecta make any other human "for scale" figures other than the standard guy holding with a hat, pickaxe and binoculars?....I'm almost ashamed to admit that I've been playing with the human figure almost as much as the Spinosaurus he came with! I just like how, unlike the other human figures I have (all of which are either 3.75" or 5" tall) he is actually in scale with most of my dinosaurs and other animals!

Schleich used to include them with their dinos, think I might still have a couple somewhere. Safari has a Stepford family toob, lol, which could also be used with your dinos.

QuoteAlso, CollectA's assortment of ungulates is quite, quite impressive. Does any other company boast that many?

you mean the extant antelopes and deer? yes, Im planning on getting a few of these! they even have figures of 2 of my favorite species, the blackbuck and tibetan antelope.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: terrorchicken on December 27, 2015, 06:51:58 PM
QuoteAlso, CollectA's assortment of ungulates is quite, quite impressive. Does any other company boast that many?

you mean the extant antelopes and deer? yes, Im planning on getting a few of these! they even have figures of 2 of my favorite species, the blackbuck and tibetan antelope.

Do any of Collecta's extant animals come in 1:40 scale? I like having modern animals next to my dinosaurs for reference. ;)
I've been waiting for a Deluxe Collecta that I really like just so I can get that little human as well.

Takama

http://www.collecta.biz/en/e-catalogue

New Catalog online

Looks like the Mapusaurus that we all hated back in 2012 is getting a base

alexeratops

Quote from: Takama on December 29, 2015, 02:33:12 AM

New Catalog online

My Mapusaurus never had problems with stability.

Also, it seems almost all of the Deluxes have a box set that they come in. Was this always a thing? I only thought a few CollectAs came in boxes...
like a bantha!

Takama

Quote from: alexeratops on December 29, 2015, 02:46:08 AM
Quote from: Takama on December 29, 2015, 02:33:12 AM

New Catalog online

My Mapusaurus never had problems with stability.

Also, it seems almost all of the Deluxes have a box set that they come in. Was this always a thing? I only thought a few CollectAs came in boxes...

CollectA always offerd there models in boxes, they are mor expensive, but there a lot more crisp then the ones sold in poly bags

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: