News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kreativtek

@Concavenator Here are the animals. I do not follow Papo's other toy lines so I do not know if they're completely new or just figures that were not available on the website before.

@Everything_Dinosaur Those will be very long 4 weeks. Thank you for letting us know, we look forward to seeing what Papo has in store for 2015. Not even the slightest hint of what'sto come is allowed, I suppose?

Concavenator

@kreativtek If something new dinosaur related appears,feel free to post it here please  :)
I think Papo will be bringing a feathered Therizinosaurus,a Ceratosaurus and an Apatosaurus for 2015 and just thinking of it I'm getting really excited  ::)

Takama

Quote from: kreativtek on November 23, 2014, 08:23:42 PM
@Concavenator Here are the animals. I do not follow Papo's other toy lines so I do not know if they're completely new or just figures that were not available on the website before.

@Everything_Dinosaur Those will be very long 4 weeks. Thank you for letting us know, we look forward to seeing what Papo has in store for 2015. Not even the slightest hint of what'sto come is allowed, I suppose?

Those are items for 2014.  The we're reviled last year and they have already been avaliable  in some online shops

kreativtek

@Concavenator Of course! I couldn't keep it to myself anyway.
Do you really think Papo will release an Apatosaurus? If it will look as good as their Brachiosaurus figure, I will buy it in the blink of an eye. Therezinosaurus would also be nice, but I would rather see Papo come up with a Torosaurus or resculpted Stegosaurus (current model is not very dynamic, is it?).

@Takama Thought so. I will keep an eye on the website, though. Not a single dinosaur was added to the inventory, so I still am full of hope.

Concavenator

Quote from: kreativtek on November 23, 2014, 09:17:22 PM
Do you really think Papo will release an Apatosaurus? If it will look as good as their Brachiosaurus figure, I will buy it in the blink of an eye. Therezinosaurus would also be nice, but I would rather see Papo come up with a Torosaurus or resculpted Stegosaurus (current model is not very dynamic, is it?).

@Takama Thought so. I will keep an eye on the website, though. Not a single dinosaur was added to the inventory, so I still am full of hope.
Yes,I do.ED said Papo wouldn't get out of love with giant figures so soon.When I read that,Apatosaurus comes inmeditely to mind.

Arul

Yeahh...hero always come late  :P

dragon53

CONCAVENATOR:

I hope you're right. A Papo Apatosaurus would probably be my #1 choice for 2015.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Concavenator on November 23, 2014, 09:26:44 PM

Yes,I do.ED said Papo wouldn't get out of love with giant figures so soon.When I read that,Apatosaurus comes inmeditely to mind.
I hope that man! Specially if its based in Sideshow one like carnotaurus and dilophosaurus.

Arul

Quote from: RolandEden on November 24, 2014, 02:04:03 AM
Quote from: Concavenator on November 23, 2014, 09:26:44 PM

I hope that man! Specially if its based in Sideshow one like carnotaurus and dilophosaurus.
I love papo carnotaurus ! :D dilophosaurus is too glossy but its still a good figure

utd7

Last year they showed what was in store for 2014 really late so not surprising that we have nothing yet. I hope we get a Ceratosaurus and a new Stegosaur maybe would be great and i think it's time for a new hadrosaur in my opinion.
We live in a Jurassic World

DinoG

Wouldn't mind a methriacanthosaurus or a serious Albertosaurus
Run!

japfeif

Quote from: DinoG on November 24, 2014, 07:30:23 PM
Wouldn't mind a methriacanthosaurus or a serious Albertosaurus

Apatosaurus would be cool but I'd like to see some "classic" dinos that you don't see that often in other lines, like a Ceratosaurus, or a Corythosaurus, or even a Protoceratops. And I think Polacanthus or a Saltasaurus (never have seen one of those in toy form) would be super! I'd also like to see more mammals, like a real nice Doedicurus (my favorite!) or Uintatherium.

Daspletodave

Saltasaurus and Polacanthus  have been done in plastic. Both Carnegie and Schleich did the Saltasaurus - the Carnegie version is still available. Polacanthus was done by Toyway in their Walking with Dinosaurs collection, and I believe Collecta did one too.
I would welcome a Corythosaurus or Centrosaurus, though.

kreativtek

Since I still cannot make up my mind whether I should go for Carnotaurus, Allosaurus, or maybe Velociraptor, for the past few weeks I have been looking to get my hands on some Papo models here in Poland. Unfortunately, I didn't find a single store that would sell them.
There is only one online retailer that has them on offer, whereas Schleich figures are in every other toy store.

Curious if that's the case only in Poland or maybe it's a widespread availability issue. What is it like in your countries? I once saw a video on YouTube, in which a man went to a toy store and saw Papo figures literally laying around (judging by his accent, he was from the UK).

Concavenator

Out of those models,pick up the Carnotaurus.It's a must have.I have it and reccomend it.Don't the Papo Velociraptor,that's wasting money.

SBell

Quote from: kreativtek on November 29, 2014, 10:45:23 PM
Since I still cannot make up my mind whether I should go for Carnotaurus, Allosaurus, or maybe Velociraptor, for the past few weeks I have been looking to get my hands on some Papo models here in Poland. Unfortunately, I didn't find a single store that would sell them.
There is only one online retailer that has them on offer, whereas Schleich figures are in every other toy store.

Curious if that's the case only in Poland or maybe it's a widespread availability issue. What is it like in your countries? I once saw a video on YouTube, in which a man went to a toy store and saw Papo figures literally laying around (judging by his accent, he was from the UK).

It's very common in most places. I have seen CollectA in exactly 2 stores in Canada (one of which I ran). Safari is sporadic. Schleich is a common as houseflies. Papo tends to show up in a few stores, but not all of them (and appear to be losing market share around here).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Concavenator on November 29, 2014, 11:12:44 PM
Out of those models,pick up the Carnotaurus.It's a must have.I have it and reccomend it.Don't the Papo Velociraptor,that's wasting money.

Unless you want a nice replica of the Jurassic Park Raptor. I own three of them myself.. ;)

Arul

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 30, 2014, 03:31:20 AM

Unless you want a nice replica of the Jurassic Park Raptor. I own three of them myself.. ;)

True :v same with blade i have 3 papo raptor v2

kreativtek

Truth to be told, I want a nice replica of the Jurassic Park raptor. :) What other and presumably more accurate models can you recommend?

Concavenator

Quote from: kreativtek on November 30, 2014, 07:19:05 AM

Truth to be told, I want a nice replica of the Jurassic Park raptor. :) What other and presumably more accurate models can you recommend?
If you want a great Velociraptor,pick CollectA's Deluxe one or Carnegie's new one.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: