News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thank you for the pics and information Acro-Man, much appreciated!  The prices seem reasonable to me, and I like the sauropods even more now seeing the detail in them.  Those two and maybe the hadrosaurs I'd purchase for sure.

Takama

All i see are Chinese Adds

Blade-of-the-Moon

yeah not sure how how to fix those aside from saving every pic, reposting the links them once hosted elsewhere.

Click on the three links provided at the end.

Takama

LophoLeeVT

:o wow these models are really nice! ;D
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

tanystropheus

They juxtapose well with the Papos  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thanks for that Takama!

Viking Spawn

Thank you Takama, I see them perfectly now and they look impressive!   :)

And thank you Acro-Man for all of the info!   ;)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Takama on April 07, 2016, 03:58:44 AM

I think this is because the Chinese host site does not allow images to be embedded. They must have some code that converts a direct image link into an ad.

DinoToyForum

Welcome to the forum Acro-man and thanks for the information.

From what I've seen of the figures in person, I agree that the seams are noticeable. However, not quite enough to detract from the overall impact - I wouldn't feel personally inclined to fill them. I supose this is a matter of preference and different collectors will differ in opinion. I'm sure this will be a key topic when the figures are reviewed on the Dinosaur Toy Blog. :)

By the way, the registration process here is high security to stop bots spamming the forum, so thanks for completing the challenge!

sauroid

they are so beautiful, wish they werent so big though.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

acro-man

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 07, 2016, 08:23:30 AM
Welcome to the forum Acro-man and thanks for the information.

From what I've seen of the figures in person, I agree that the seams are noticeable. However, not quite enough to detract from the overall impact - I wouldn't feel personally inclined to fill them. I supose this is a matter of preference and different collectors will differ in opinion. I'm sure this will be a key topic when the figures are reviewed on the Dinosaur Toy Blog. :)

By the way, the registration process here is high security to stop bots spamming the forum, so thanks for completing the challenge!

indeed, just imagine how gorgeous these things would be without an obvious seam makes me feel so so pity.
all that i complained about is in a hope that PNSO will do better in the future.
because i love them too much - the very first Chinese dinosaur toy line, not only MADE IN CHINA but also DESIGNED IN CHINA, with high quality that make me proud.

as for a review, i am hoping someone could write one so objectively as you do.
if you or anyone is about to embark on writing a reivew, i will be happy to provide everything i know. :)
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

darth daniel

Thanks for the info! :)

I wish there was a good source for acquiring these - if these cost up to $30 at the museum store, I definately don´t want to pay up to $90 which the guy on facebook asks. ::)

Sim

Quote from: Takama on April 07, 2016, 03:58:44 AM

Paraphrasing what I mentioned earlier in this thread, by right-clicking on one of the ads, clicking "Copy Image Location", then right clicking on the address bar and either clicking "Paste" and then the enter button OR clicking "Paste & Go", brings up the photo that was meant to be shown.  I think all the photos in acro-man's post are from the links he shared.  The first two photos are of a large mosasaur, and a Microraptor.  The next set of photos are the for-sale Huanghetitan, Shantungosaurus and Mandschurosaurus and their not-for-sale exhibit versions.  The last two photos are the exhibit's Yutyrannus and the for-sale T. rex.

Albertosaurus

That BIG sauropod, I need it!!!

Anybody knows about a good place to buy it from? OR does anybody knows how that Taobao webpage works?
I hope we can get them for a fair price, since it seems like they are quite cheap to get there in china.

Sim

Hi acro-man, thanks for the info and photos.  I didn't know the 5 herbivores were for-sale versions of exhibit sculpts!  I think it's a nice idea to make for-sale versions of small exhibit sculpts.  Looking at the photos you shared, it looks like there are some other sculpts that don't rely on bases to stand but weren't made into for-sale figures:
Huayangosaurus: link
Mamenchisaurus: link
I don't know what this sauropod is: link
I don't know what this is either: link
I wonder if any of these or other species will be made for the PNSO for-sale line in the future?  Would you happen to know what the last two dinosaurs I linked to are?

Quote from: acro-man on April 07, 2016, 02:57:24 AM
About the SCULPT:
The PSNO for-sale, museum exclusive scaled dinosaurs came out!
6 of them, all Chinese dinosaurs, English names of which you know better than me.
In case it's helpful, this Facebook seller, Monster House HK, posted photos of the herbivores with names in English: https://www.facebook.com/monsterhousehk/posts/1113517238700609  You said the carnivore is "t-rex", but as far as I know Tyrannosaurus rex is only known from North America?  That would mean only the 5 herbivores are Chinese dinosaurs...  Or did you mean this is a Chinese dinosaur line, but not all the species are Chinese?

Quote from: acro-man on April 07, 2016, 02:57:24 AM
* no doubt the simplifed feathered t-rex is a disaster, which resembles nothing from the original exhibit.
I think the sculpt from the exhibit that you compared it to is a Yutyrannus (there's another photo of that sculpt with the name here: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4434065988).  If the T. rex doesn't resemble anything from the exhibit, I wonder if it's because the small sculpts from the exhibit are all Chinese dinosaurs, and T. rex isn't a Chinese dinosaur so the model was just made for the for-sale PNSO line.

ITdactyl

Thanks for sharing and re-hosting those pics.  I really want that titanosaur now.

Simon

I am looking forward to posing that rearing Titanosaur with my Battats - as a stand-in for the not yet released Diplodocus  :)

The gigantic Huyangosaur sculpt style (look at the back) reminds me of Araki's sculpt of the giant 1/20 Kaiyodo Brachiosaurus ... very impressive ... we will see how it looks in person ... the TRex looks like it is in need of a major re-posing/resculpting however ...

Halichoeres

Thanks for the information, Acro-man! It's a shame about the flaky paint, but the seams bother me less. I still would love to get these at a fair price!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

acro-man

Quote from: Sim on April 07, 2016, 04:34:36 PM

Dear Sim, glad u liked my sharing. and thanks for your kind help.

1. aside from the 6, there are 3 LIMITED EDITION museum quality sculpts for the other exhibits, which include:
a Huayangosaurus 600USD
a Tsintaosaurus 260USD
a Mamenchisaurus 1544USD

they are very scarce and very very expensive, see from the official price above.

2. the very long sauropod you mentioned is Ruyangosaurus
the other hadrosaurs you mentioned i don't know

3. yes, it's Yutyrannus from the very beginning. i mixed its name with t-rex . sorry for confusing.
the figures are all chinese dinosaurs. so do the exhibits.

the thread you found is quite helpful.
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4434065988

there is another thread with reviews of the figures for your reference.
the author is Dr. RAX. slowly updating.
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4445185437

BTW, can you tell me how to reply a certain post in a thread?
all i can do is 'quote', and delete everything unnecessary.
and there seems to be no notification upon someone 'quote' me.

Thank you so much! ^-^
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: