News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleogene Pals

I hope Dan picks these up, although most of them don't seem to be 1/20. Like what Simon said, it is nice to have large-scale vinyl dinos back on the market again though.

Takama

Will these be pre made?   or will they require assembly?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 27, 2016, 10:00:59 PM
Quote from: Sim on March 27, 2016, 09:19:53 PM
@Halichoeres: You're referring to the image in Blade-of-the-Moon's post which has a kid with a nightcap, right?  It's changed several times today with at least two other variations - I think one showed food.  All the variations were the same at the top of the image though, with that symbol that looks like a broken image.  Copying the image location, pasting it into an address bar and then clicking enter brings up a photo of the PNSO Huanghetitan and Rebor Ceratosaurus - I think this photo is what Blade-of-the-Moon intended to have in his post..

Ha, well that explains it. Thanks.

Sorry about that, it showed up fine for me each time so i wasn't even aware of an issue.  :-[

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Takama on March 28, 2016, 01:49:08 AM
Will these be pre made?   or will they require assembly?

Premade, I believe.

Sim

Some more photos of the six PNSO dinosaurs can be seen here, including photos of them with many other prehistoric figures by other companies: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4434065988

They are all really big!  I'm curious about what species the tyrannosaurid is.  I wonder if it really is Tyrannosaurus rex, or if it's something else like Tarbosaurus bataar?

Halichoeres

Wow, maybe they are at the scales they claim to be after all. I don't know where I'll put them, but I've gotta have 'em. You might be on to something with the tyrannosaur, Sim--it seems odd to start with a set of 5 relatively obscure genera (one of which I'd never even heard of before), and then the old standard T. rex. But maybe it's a way of hedging their bets, since it's basically a guaranteed moneymaker.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Viking Spawn

They look impressive lined up on that table!   8)

sauroid

i mentioned when i posted the pics of the "T. rex" that it could be Tarbosaurus since PNSO are putting all Chinese/central asian dinos.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Simon

Holy Mother Machree, all of them look gorgeous (except for the Plateosaurus), the other ones are all must-haves ... The Tarbosaurus can easily be corrected/modified into a striding pose by a hobby modeler ... 1/30 scale I would say, looking at the Tarbo/TRex next to the Rebor Monster Rex ... I am really liking the realistic Rex feathers and especially the accurate arms!!!

Takama

Sim

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 30, 2016, 03:22:58 PM
You might be on to something with the tyrannosaur, Sim--it seems odd to start with a set of 5 relatively obscure genera (one of which I'd never even heard of before), and then the old standard T. rex. But maybe it's a way of hedging their bets, since it's basically a guaranteed moneymaker.

Quote from: sauroid on March 30, 2016, 06:20:00 PM
i mentioned when i posted the pics of the "T. rex" that it could be Tarbosaurus since PNSO are putting all Chinese/central asian dinos.

It seems it isn't Tarbosaurus or Zhuchengtyrannus.  Apparently it really is the most overrepresented prehistoric animal in figures... Tyrannosaurus rex: https://world.taobao.com/item/527934552039.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a1z10.1-c.w4023-1975823768.2.zl8jza

I guess I'm in the minority here, or maybe the only one who feels this way...  I'm tired of how Tyrannosaurus constantly gets so much attention, much more than any other prehistoric animal.   It's an interesting animal but now I tend to find it boring because of overexposure to it.  There are a number of really good Tyrannosaurus figures, is there ever going to be a really good Tarbosaurus figure?

If this line is supposed to be a line of Chinese dinosaurs, the Tyrannosaurus looks out of place, and I also find it sad it got made instead of interesting underrepresented Chinese theropods.  I'm still bothered Favorite's new mini dinosaur set didn't include their Deinonychus while including three T. rex, two of which were the same sculpt in different colours.  When Favorite made their second series of "soft model" figures, they remade the species from the first series (replacing Deinonychus with Velociraptor), but didn't re-make Pachycephalosaurus and Apatosaurus.  Instead, they added another new Tyrannosaurus sculpt so series 2 had two Tyrannosaurus sculpts (and two less species than series 1).  I honestly find it sad seeing how Tyrannosaurus tends to hinder or prevent good figures of other species being made, like this.  I know some species are more popular and so they will get more figures made and that's fine, it makes sense.  It bothers me when companies make more than one figure of the same species unnecessarily at the cost of other species, especially if the species chosen happens to be one with a number of great figures of it already.  It also bothers me when a company makes an overrepresented species instead of more relevant species.  Would a Chinese theropod figure really have sold worse than this Tyrannosaurus?  I would've been interested in a Chinese theropod.  As a Tyrannosaurus figure though there is almost a 0% chance I will get this figure.

I'm disappointed this line's theropod is T. rex.  If it was a line of North American dinosaurs it would be different.  Well, I'm happy for those who are pleased with it being T. rex.

Takama

As much as i love these sculpts. There no way i can come up with the room for them, and still Work with Indipendent atists and there lines.

I do hope they make more Non Chinese Species then just Tyrannosaurus(who knows, maybe its being labeled as T.Bataar)

stargatedalek

It's still one of 4 adult Tyrannosaurus toys (assuming that's what these will be) with feathering (even if this one is feathered so sparsely).

I'm only interested in the Titanosaur, and I get the feeling the size will be prohibitively expensive.

Sim

Quote from: Takama on March 31, 2016, 02:05:40 AM
I do hope they make more Non Chinese Species then just Tyrannosaurus(who knows, maybe its being labeled as T.Bataar)

If they make more non-Chinese species, that would make Tyrannosaurus's inclusion better.  I used Google translate to translate the text under the photos of the Tyrannosaurus figure in the link in my previous post, and it says "Tyrannosaurus Rex".

stargatedalek

Do keep in mind that translation comes from a software made by a company that only has about three dinosaur names in it's dictionary.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on March 31, 2016, 01:51:04 AM
It seems it isn't Tarbosaurus or Zhuchengtyrannus.  Apparently it really is the most overrepresented prehistoric animal in figures... Tyrannosaurus rex: https://world.taobao.com/item/527934552039.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a1z10.1-c.w4023-1975823768.2.zl8jza

I guess I'm in the minority here, or maybe the only one who feels this way...  I'm tired of how Tyrannosaurus constantly gets so much attention, much more than any other prehistoric animal.   It's an interesting animal but now I tend to find it boring because of overexposure to it.  There are a number of really good Tyrannosaurus figures, is there ever going to be a really good Tarbosaurus figure?

If this line is supposed to be a line of Chinese dinosaurs, the Tyrannosaurus looks out of place, and I also find it sad it got made instead of interesting underrepresented Chinese theropods.  I'm still bothered Favorite's new mini dinosaur set didn't include their Deinonychus while including three T. rex, two of which were the same sculpt in different colours.  When Favorite made their second series of "soft model" figures, they remade the species from the first series (replacing Deinonychus with Velociraptor), but didn't re-make Pachycephalosaurus and Apatosaurus.  Instead, they added another new Tyrannosaurus sculpt so series 2 had two Tyrannosaurus sculpts (and two less species than series 1).  I honestly find it sad seeing how Tyrannosaurus tends to hinder or prevent good figures of other species being made, like this.  I know some species are more popular and so they will get more figures made and that's fine, it makes sense.  It bothers me when companies make more than one figure of the same species unnecessarily at the cost of other species, especially if the species chosen happens to be one with a number of great figures of it already.  It also bothers me when a company makes an overrepresented species instead of more relevant species.  Would a Chinese theropod figure really have sold worse than this Tyrannosaurus?  I would've been interested in a Chinese theropod.  As a Tyrannosaurus figure though there is almost a 0% chance I will get this figure.

I'm disappointed this line's theropod is T. rex.  If it was a line of North American dinosaurs it would be different.  Well, I'm happy for those who are pleased with it being T. rex.

I'm with you on this one. I don't really need more Tyrannosaurus in my life, and it does seem like an odd inclusion when there are so many perfectly good Chinese animals that haven't been done.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 31, 2016, 05:58:02 AM
Quote from: Sim on March 31, 2016, 01:51:04 AM
Apparently it really is the most overrepresented prehistoric animal in figures... Tyrannosaurus rex: https://world.taobao.com/item/527934552039.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a1z10.1-c.w4023-1975823768.2.zl8jza

I'm with you on this one. I don't really need more Tyrannosaurus in my life, and it does seem like an odd inclusion when there are so many perfectly good Chinese animals that haven't been done.

I'm also with you, Sim, so you are definitely not alone in your opinion.  I wouldn't be tempted by another Tyrannosaurus.

sauroid

the land/origin of the tacky chinasaurs and knock-offs is going to be one of the makers of accurate prehistoric animal toys in the world. the irony.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Silvanusaurus

I'm really liking the Rex, even if it's such an overdone species, aside from the retro pose, it just looks really natural to me... but I really don't get the half-hearted attempt at feathering... it's so minimal it might as well not be there at all... 

Dobber

I understand how some of you feel about Tyrannosaurus, and would welcome other species like Tarbosaurus ect. BUT....I can never get enough Tyrannosaurus Rex.  ;)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: