News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino Scream3232

Quote from: KeU on May 27, 2019, 02:45:08 PM
Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on May 26, 2019, 06:53:37 PM
After looking over Lucas I have to say he's a really good giganotosaurus. We now have a number of great mass market gigas to pick from now. EoFauna, Safari Ltd, and Vitae all have great gigas and I rank Lucas right up there with them. But I can see why some won't like this version. Definitely a different take on a giga.
Great review.
Surprised you didn't throw in a comparison with Wilson as well.
I actually don't have Wilson avatar_KeU @KeU. Was tempted to get version 2.0 then decided to wait for the lip version (but looks like a new Tyrannosaurus model entirely). Also good eyes picking up on that arm detail on the giga.

Takama

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on May 28, 2019, 12:11:34 AM
Quote from: Takama on May 27, 2019, 11:11:22 PM
Quote from: mgaguilar on May 27, 2019, 06:40:38 PM
Thanks for the tag S @Syndicate Bias! That is definitely a beautiful DK sculpt. A bit outdated now, but the insane nostalgia more than makes up for it. Crisp details.
And thanks for all the photos! Can't believe the Giga is at this price point for a figure of this calibre. Gorgeous, but hoping for a repaint. The current colors are pretty bad.

ALSO, ANOTHER REX FROM PNSO??? Is it a larger one to replace the older tripod that went out of production? Or perhaps lipped-Wilson in a different pose? Interesting.

I think its a part of there Secondary Dinosaur line, that features the Smaller Megalodon, Stegosaurus , and Ankylosaurus.

Is there any news on this or is this just speculation?

Just Speculation on my part..  Honestly, I think not many people are aware that the Ankylosaurus Stegosaurus and  (Small) Megalodon are NOT a part of the same line as the larger models with Bases

Halichoeres

I will be pretty annoyed if there's yet another rex unless it's accompanied by a new set of good miniatures.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dobber

My Lucas arrived yesterday. What a beautiful figure. I LOVE the colors. I will say, though, it seems to have a bit of an underbite, is that accurate for a Giganatosaurus? The figure is just makes the animal look so lithe and graceful. I love it.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

PhilSauria

I have just received the PNSO Megalodon, which also has an underbite. Maybe their need to take another look at how they construct the jaw articulation.

Syndicate Bias

If all the PNSO figures came out with the original paint apps I don't think anyone would complain. It makes me wonder if later down the line if they will be making a deluxe version of them kinda like Wilson V1.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 30, 2019, 02:47:59 AM
If all the PNSO figures came out with the original paint apps I don't think anyone would complain. It makes me wonder if later down the line if they will be making a deluxe version of them kinda like Wilson V1.

Wouldn't that be annoying since you've already converted many of yours to the original concepts. :P I guess then you could compare your work with the deluxe versions.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Bokisaurus

Maybe I missed it, but I was wondering, does anyone know if PNSO will continue the Museum/Sceintific Art series (figures $50 - 80 price range with elaborate base) once they release all the figures that were already produced? All of the ones in the series are figures we already have seen prototypes of way back in 2016/17, before they hit a snag in production.
Now that most of them are finally being released, I wonder if they will continue and add new sculpt and species or would they now just focus on the new line of smaller figures like the Ankylo, Stego, and Mega ( $20 price range with no base)?
It would be cool if they continue both, one as deluxe and the other as regular.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Bokisaurus on May 30, 2019, 06:49:19 PM
Maybe I missed it, but I was wondering, does anyone know if PNSO will continue the Museum/Sceintific Art series (figures $50 - 80 price range with elaborate base) once they release all the figures that were already produced? All of the ones in the series are figures we already have seen prototypes of way back in 2016/17, before they hit a snag in production.
Now that most of them are finally being released, I wonder if they will continue and add new sculpt and species or would they now just focus on the new line of smaller figures like the Ankylo, Stego, and Mega ( $20 price range with no base)?

I don't believe anything's been confirmed. They are at that point though where all the figures that were previously known about years ago have been released so it could go either way. I hope they continue both lines myself. The cheaper cheaper line with no base would be great for smaller dinosaurs that could be done in a larger scale.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Dino Scream3232

Well finally after a month of waiting the Ankylosaurus is here. What a great model. It's a little bigger than I expected and so well sculpted and detailed. I'm all in on PNSO doing a $20 line of figures now after seeing this beauty in person. Well here's the review and I compared it heavily to the 2017 Safari Ltd Ankylosaurus. https://youtu.be/e5ayKLktJ4Q

Shonisaurus

D @Dino Scream3232 Dino scream Your video is very good. It is the ankylosaurus of PNSO one of the best on the market (I do not know if the best because there is a lot of competition). I like the video very much comparing this figure with ankylosaurus by Rebor, Carnegie, Papo, Battat (new version) and Safari, Safari's sauropelta, Collecta's borealopelta, Papo's polacanthus, yangchuanosaurus and PNSO's giganotosausus, among other figures . I totally enjoy your videos. Thank you for posting it.

Andanna

Very nice review.  Thank you for addressing scale.  This seems to be necessary for the ,,new line" as the models are said to be of different scale.  I hence wonder what scale the stegosaurus is.

I like the (lower) price point.  But why is it ok to only get a half painted dinosaur?  I think the reviewer Rupi Bolz pointed out that the Rebor ankylosaurus' underside was not painted.  This one's underside is also not painted and it shows on the sides.  That bothers me.  I am not really interested in taking the risk to have to apply washes to my models to make the details pop. 

tanystropheus

How does the Giga even stand without the base? Isn't it too top heavy (and the weight appears to be awkwardly supported on its heels)?

KeU

Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on May 31, 2019, 01:30:21 AM
Well finally after a month of waiting the Ankylosaurus is here. What a great model. It's a little bigger than I expected and so well sculpted and detailed. I'm all in on PNSO doing a $20 line of figures now after seeing this beauty in person. Well here's the review and I compared it heavily to the 2017 Safari Ltd Ankylosaurus.
Great review.
You always have a good spread of models used in the comparison.
I like that.

Still trying to get over the size of Sede.
Nice paint apps on the figure given its lower asking price.
Not sure why PNSO changed the scale so drastically on Biber.

Halichoeres

There are definitely a few from the museum line they could still release. We saw prototypes for Tsintaosaurus, Microraptor, Sinosauropteryx, and Gigantoraptor.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 02, 2019, 02:27:37 PM

There are definitely a few from the museum line they could still release. We saw prototypes for Tsintaosaurus, Microraptor, Sinosauropteryx, and Gigantoraptor.

Hard to say if those will be part of the museum line. Most looked to be 1:10 or 1:20 scale figures. It's also possible they won't be pvc figures like the museum line. I could still see them all being released.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on June 02, 2019, 02:38:18 PM

Hard to say if those will be part of the museum line. Most looked to be 1:10 or 1:20 scale figures. It's also possible they won't be pvc figures like the museum line. I could still see them all being released.

Good point, the Microraptor and Sinosauropteryx at least would definitely be larger-scale, maybe even 1:5. But I think the reclining Tsintao and the Gigantoraptor could easily fit in with the 1:30-1:35 line.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 02, 2019, 03:28:45 PM
Quote from: Ceratosaurus on June 02, 2019, 02:38:18 PM

Good point, the Microraptor and Sinosauropteryx at least would definitely be larger-scale, maybe even 1:5. But I think the reclining Tsintao and the Gigantoraptor could easily fit in with the 1:30-1:35 line.

Due to its rarity, I would like to see that the PTSO tsintaosaurus and gigantoraptor were made to the same scale as their PVC counterparts and the same material. There are very few PVC figures of those two dinosaurs that for me are two of the preferred herbivorous dinosaurs (tsintaosaurus) and omnivores (gigantoraptor) preferred. I hope that PNSO will be encouraged in the future to market them.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: