News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

T.rex had fantastic forward facing eyes of excellent binocular vision which is finely depicted in the saurian latest version of T.rex. This PNSO Winter Wilson has eyes that are not forward facing and are placed in sides like its many other cousins.

SRF

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on January 19, 2021, 06:06:15 AM
T.rex had fantastic forward facing eyes of excellent binocular vision which is finely depicted in the saurian latest version of T.rex. This PNSO Winter Wilson has eyes that are not forward facing and are placed in sides like its many other cousins.

Well, looking at my own Wilson that stands here right next to me on my desk, it's eyes pretty much face forward. One pupil is a little bit more of to the side perhaps, but that's not really a big deal. The eyes themselves are in the right position to me. Actually they are facing more forward than on the highly praised Safari Feathered T. Rex.
But today, I'm just being father

Lynx

Quote from: SRF on January 19, 2021, 07:30:18 AM
Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on January 19, 2021, 06:06:15 AM

Well, looking at my own Wilson that stands here right next to me on my desk, it's eyes pretty much face forward. One pupil is a little bit more of to the side perhaps, but that's not really a big deal. The eyes themselves are in the right position to me. Actually they are facing more forward than on the highly praised Safari Feathered T. Rex.

My Wilson is fine. Both eyes facing in the right direction and it definitely has binocular vision. The eyes are not flat on the sides and instead placed accurately. I see no problem with it.
An oversized house cat.

Remko

Just received my order of Wilson the T. rex (newest version), A-shu the Qianzhousaurus and Essien the Spinosaurus (2020 version).

All of them are fantastically sculpted. The nose of the Qianzhousaurus is very narrow! We need more Alioramini figures!

Essien is, as has been stated before, a little to small, although it has been suggested the figure is based on the immature 11 meter specimen.
The claws on the left hand however are so long, it prevents the left hindfoot from touching the ground.

As for the new Wilson. WOW! What a magnificent figure!
The sculpt is fantastic, and it's very well balanced, currently I'm looking at him while only supported by his right foot on the edge if the table. The left foot is completeley free hanging. No issues with stability whatsoever.
I doubt the acrylic support is needed, but we'll have to find out long term.

I do understand why people won't like this new figure because of the lack of lips.
If you look very close especially the teeth in the top jaw look very crocodilian.

Psy06

How does anyone solve the problem of leg deformity in PNSO bipedal figures?
I have the first version of Wilson, Gigantosaurus and Yangchuanosaurus, all lost the ability to stand. I tried to use boiling water to fix legs, but after a day, the plastic began to deform again. I see that PNSO is aware of this problem and because they could not change the plastic to one that would not deform, In the new releases, a clear plastic support has been added to the box.

SidB

Quote from: Psy06 on January 19, 2021, 01:42:53 PM
How does anyone solve the problem of leg deformity in PNSO bipedal figures?
I have the first version of Wilson, Gigantosaurus and Yangchuanosaurus, all lost the ability to stand. I tried to use boiling water to fix legs, but after a day, the plastic began to deform again. I see that PNSO is aware of this problem and because they could not change the plastic to one that would not deform, In the new releases, a clear plastic support has been added to the box.
As you browse through the various relevant threads over the years on the DTF, you'll see that various solutions have been attempted to the perennial "curse of the theropods." These have met with varying degrees of success, with an emphasis on lack thereof. Even bases often don't work - consider the Favorite figures, for example. I've used metal rods drilled into the legs of the Battat v.2 T-rex - didn't work long term. My ultimate and successful answer has been employed with my PNSO's - I only display them in dioramas, so there's always a rocky outcropping or a large tree against which the theropod can be subtly leaned. I'm finally satisfied with the results.

Psy06

Quote from: SidB on January 19, 2021, 02:53:30 PM
My ultimate and successful answer has been employed with my PNSO's - I only display them in dioramas, so there's always a rocky outcropping or a large tree against which the theropod can be subtly leaned. I'm finally satisfied with the results.

Thanks for the answer. Can you show the photo how it looks?

JohannesB

This PNSO T. rex might well be my favorite representation of Tyrannosaurus rex in a toy model until now.

I like the fearherless and lipless appearance, but I can't be bothered to have any preference for either 'for' or 'against' - as long as the scientific reasoning is sound and the figure is well-modelled, with attention to detail and with good proportions. (Although I do feel that feathers on Tyrannosaurus rex don't "feel" right - but then again, what do I know...) I also love the big barrel chest and a non-protruding pubic bone, and its bulky, beefy appearance in general.

The longer you study the details on this model, the more you can appreciate the study that has gone on in designing it. As just one example, I love how the two bundles of caudofemoralis(?) muscle can be seen on the underside near the base of the tail. This indicates a high attention to scientific scientific accuracy, I think.

In hand, this model is just awesome, and I dare say I have never seen a toy model that is trying to be (and succeeding wonderfully, for as far as I can tell) as thoroughly scientifically correct as this one, where every little bit about it has been well thought out and researched. Although the individual scales may be too big for the scale of this model, we may take this as a liberty taken to be able to point out the variation in patterning and sizes of the scales on different parts of the body, and as such I think this model can be called a success as well. From being able to imagine how the skeleton defines the shape and posture of the real, living animal, to seeing the bulges and dips indicating musculature, to seeing the different scale patterns and sizes, I am quite in awe of this model, which is well worth its prize, in my opinion.

I initially thought about repainting/retouching the model, but since I quite like the paint job as it stands, I won't - and generally I prefer to keep the models in their original colors anyway, especially with relatively expensive ones as this one. I love the slight gloss that is over the upper side and head, making the scales glisten slightly in the light, which along with the wonderful details gives the model another little layer of visual depth.

Bread

A store I have been recently purchasing all my PNSO figures has suddenly removed all of its products on Aliexpress. The Model Toy Center appears to be clear of all products for me, and I am wondering if anyone else sees this or is it just me?

If it does appear for others, I am hoping it is just a temporary problem, because this store on Aliexpress has always provided fast shipping and were pretty easy to contact for any questions or problems. Maybe I'll have to try My Online Toy Store now...

Dusty Wren

It's not just you, avatar_Bread @Bread. I'm only seeing one listing in the store, for some Chap Mei dog figures.

I hope this is a temporary thing, too. I just placed my first order with them last week and was pleasantly surprised at how fast it shipped out. Was hoping to use Model Toy Center as my go-to for PNSO figures.
Check out my customs thread!

Bread

Quote from: Dusty Wren on January 22, 2021, 04:17:05 PM
It's not just you, avatar_Bread @Bread. I'm only seeing one listing in the store, for some Chap Mei dog figures.

I hope this is a temporary thing, too. I just placed my first order with them last week and was pleasantly surprised at how fast it shipped out. Was hoping to use Model Toy Center as my go-to for PNSO figures.
Alright, well I am glad I am not the only one seeing this, but it is also sad that this is an issue. Hopefully it will be fixed by the time PNSO start to release some new figures. If not, I may try ordering something from My Online Toy Store to see if their shipping is just as fast as Model Toy Center.

ceratopsian

Oh - that is a blow.  I just received a box from Model Toy Center today, ordered on 10 January, with my 3rd Vitae model.  I found them very efficient.  You don't think it might perhaps be to do with Chinese New Year and they take everything down so that they don't have a backlog of orders when they get back after the festival??

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Bread on January 22, 2021, 04:08:24 PM
A store I have been recently purchasing all my PNSO figures has suddenly removed all of its products on Aliexpress. The Model Toy Center appears to be clear of all products for me, and I am wondering if anyone else sees this or is it just me?

If it does appear for others, I am hoping it is just a temporary problem, because this store on Aliexpress has always provided fast shipping and were pretty easy to contact for any questions or problems. Maybe I'll have to try My Online Toy Store now...

Just checked and it is the same here. What i guessed. The whole shop seems to be almost gone. It is also not clickable in the Shopping cart. I almost panicked a bit :D
My Online Toy Store and T-Golden Sky are still there.

Could be a pause because of the Chinese New Years Eve, but i can't think of Backlog Problems, since everything is digital e.g.But i am not into online Marketing, so t is just assuming of cuourse. Thanks for the small Shock, hehe :D

SRF

Quote from: Bread on January 22, 2021, 04:08:24 PM

It appears the same for me. After Model Toy Center seemed to have "disappeared" I've ordered two PNSO models (the Qianzhousaurus and Sede the Ankylosaurus) from My Online Toy Store. Will keep you posted on how fast these two models get here!
But today, I'm just being father

Carnoking

Anyone know of a tried and true way to get in touch with PNSO? My new Wilson arrived with a bum jaw.

Baryonyx

I asked Model Toy Center what was going on and they said the store had recieved a penalty (I don't know what for!) which lasts a week, so in 4 days' time the store will be back online. Mysterious indeed especially considering the positive and very satisfied things you see written about this seller -I have had absolutely the same experience myself with them.

Bread

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking contact them through their amazon store. Under "Add to Cart" there is a blue highlight of their name. Through there you can ask a question and so on. If that does not work, I'd contact Dan's Dinosaurs, even though he is not at fault.

And thanks for the information avatar_Baryonyx @Baryonyx Glad this is a temporary issue. I too am curious about the reason for the penalty. Hopefully nothing too serious, but I will still buy from this seller.

Carnoking

I'll try going through amazon!

As far as Model Toy Center goes, I've had mostly positive experiences with them myself. The only negative one is my latest order of the W-Dragon Giraffatitan. I placed the order in November, then the seller got in touch with me saying I needed to extend the shipping time since the item wasn't in stock (there was no indication that it wasn't). So, kind of annoying but no big deal and I went ahead and extended the ship time. It did ship, but there hasn't been any movement to it for a while, which again, isn't too surprising given the holidays and state of things, but then again I'm getting stuff in from Dan from China not ten days after shipment, so... To make matters worse, the seller got in touch with me after it shipped and informed me it may be taxed given its size. I had spoken to other people who ordered theirs in from Model Toy Center, and they informed me that theirs was not taxed and even spoke to the seller who assured them it wouldn't be. So, late shipment, been a while since anything has changed, and I may end up having to pay more than I initially thought.  :o

Of course, import taxes aren't on the seller, but the whole telling others it wouldn't be taxed then telling me it may be had me raising my eyebrows.

SidB

Quote from: Carnoking on January 22, 2021, 11:27:26 PM
Anyone know of a tried and true way to get in touch with PNSO? My new Wilson arrived with a bum jaw.
The jaw issue is disconcerting, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking , as I'm still waiting for the Winter Wilson from Dan. BTW, what problem , specifically, did you encounter with the jaw? Is it readily repairable?

SidB

Quote from: SidB on January 23, 2021, 03:12:14 AM
Quote from: Carnoking on January 22, 2021, 11:27:26 PM
The jaw issue is disconcerting, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking , as I'm still waiting for the Winter Wilson from Dan. BTW, what problem , specifically, did you encounter with the jaw? Is it readily repairable?
Whoops, apologies, I see that this has been addressed on the PNSO 2021 thread.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: