News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

I'm VERY interested in their primates.

I can't shake off the excitement. They are all so beautiful. I really need to catch up on my Safari stuff. I've been busy hunting down the last 3 mainstream Carnegies I need to complete my collection...

tanystropheus

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on October 10, 2016, 11:13:27 AM

Quite the opposite. I find primates to be absolutely terrifying, in general.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Now that all the Safaris are revealed, isn't it about time for an "Upcoming Releases" post on the actual blog for people who may not read the forum?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 11, 2016, 02:35:52 AM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on October 10, 2016, 11:13:27 AM

Quite the opposite. I find primates to be absolutely terrifying, in general.
Same. Especially one particular species of upright primate. Very strange looking animals, they are. ;D

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Shonisaurus

I just saw the official video of Safari on dinosaurus 2017 and missing the kronosaurus Microraptor.

Here I pass the link on the other hand the Parasaurolophus is a much better figure than I thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-bd_yz5AfA

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 11, 2016, 09:40:38 PM
I just saw the official video of Safari on dinosaurus 2017 and missing the kronosaurus Microraptor.

Here I pass the link on the other hand the Parasaurolophus is a much better figure than I thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-bd_yz5AfA
[/quote.  amazing models and the video shows them well....but mis-spelled psittacosaurus first time. Said pssitacosaurus
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

suspsy

That Quetzalcoatlus they used has a really warped mandible. Hope the one I buy doesn't have that problem.  :-\

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

MLMjp

After constantly staring to the pictures of the T.rex and  thinking "This is the best thing ever" I feel a tiny tiny tiny bit disappointed when looking at the figure in the video and not seeing the wonderful finish that the images had (I know that the promo is usually (almost always) better-looking than the official figures, but still. :-\ ) Anyway I´m still going to buy it when it comes out.

Lanthanotus

Why did they use a modern African landscape as background, what a shame..... other than that, really nice and the Deinocheirus doens't look as small as I feared, still it would be cool to have it in scale with the Rex.

Faelrin

Is it just me or does the skin or scales on the T. rex look more green now? Looks more like beige or tan to me in the website pictures. Could just be the lighting though. I know lighting can affect color. Anyways that was a neat video, and I'm glad most of them were together for a bit to get a sense of how they scale together.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on October 11, 2016, 04:41:35 AM
Now that all the Safaris are revealed, isn't it about time for an "Upcoming Releases" post on the actual blog for people who may not read the forum?

Yes. I'll do it soon...  :)

Silvanusaurus

The detail on these figures still is not failing to impress immensely. It's a shame they omitted the rex from that group set-up, it would have been good to see it in comparison to the other figures. Is it actually going to be in scale with the Giganotosaurus?

fason

loving the diplo even more now

Nanuqsaurus

The Deinocheirus looks so good... wish it was bigger though, about the size of the rex figure or something. But I'm probably gonna buy it anyway! :P

DinoG

And the quality bar rises still...well done Safari!
Run!

joossa

It's interesting how some of the paint apps are really hit and miss on these. The psittacosaurus, parasaurolophus, tylosaurus, and feathered raptor being on the lower end of that spectrum, IMO.

I'll be getting the:
Feather Rex
Diplodocus
Giganotosaurus
Coelophysis
Einiosaurus
Deinocheirus
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Concavenator

Doug,will you be posting pics of the originals?

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

You know, I think what I like most about this T. rex is that it strikes a nice balance in being neither needlessly "ugly" to get its toughness across, nor excessively sleek and "pretty" in a Greg Paul sorta way. It looks gruff, tough, and even football-player-chubby, but also looks natural and matter-of-fact. The colors and texture of the feathers help this impression marvelously. THIS is a model deserving of a name like Tyrannosaurus!

Daspletotyrannus

The gems of Safari 2017 lineup in my opinion are Einiosaurus, Coelophysis, Deinocheirus Tyrannosaurus, and Psittacosaurus. I know I will be getting most of them, not sure about Diplodocus and Giganotosaurus. The Tylosaurus will be the only non dinosaur I will be getting from Safari. If they would have re-released the Andrewsarchus, Arsinotherium, and Smilodon cub then that would be a different story.  Man I need those.  I do feel they would be less painted then the original ones.  That is what I'm getting when I look at the Amebelodon they had released last year.  Luckily I had the original for that one.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on October 16, 2016, 06:21:00 AM
The gems of Safari 2017 lineup in my opinion are Einiosaurus, Coelophysis, Deinocheirus Tyrannosaurus, and Psittacosaurus. I know I will be getting most of them, not sure about Diplodocus and Giganotosaurus.

This is getting a bit subjective as I would argue that the Diplo and the T-rex are the true gems of the 2017 lineup.
And many are under the impression that the Velociraptor is the gem.
Einio, Coelophysis and Psittaco are also racking praise by DTFs.
Some love the Giga paint job. Others hate it.
One thing is certain. The 2017 WS lineup rocks!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: