News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Worst dinosaur toy

Started by BlueKrono, January 26, 2017, 12:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

deleted

Halichoeres

The first post in this thread asks what the worst dinosaur we own is. Let's see your uggos!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

The Schleich Agustinia. Hands down winner. When charity shops reopen, it might be heading off there!

Gwangi

The Inpro Protoceratops is the ugliest figure I own and actually display. There might be a worse in my daughter's toy box but it would be hard pressed to compete with this one.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The CollectA Lufengosaurus I think, though I may have something uglier in the attic
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SBell

Quote from: Faelrin on February 17, 2021, 06:01:33 AM
One of the things I appreciate about the Starlux line is the sheer diversity of animals from the Paleozoic until now, some that still have yet to have another figure made in all this time since (such as some of the Cenozoic stuff to my current knowledge).

Who knows maybe one of these days I'll try to hunt for some.

And of course, the more unique and interesting they are--meaning the best fish, amphibians, reptiles and mammals--the harder they are to find and the more expensive they get. Getting them without breaks or chips is even harder.

Hence, the brachiopod and trilobite+nodule are probably the priciest ones of all!

Halichoeres

Mine might be this one now:
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Reuben03

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

SidB

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 20, 2021, 11:17:16 PM

The poor thing looks like it has a bad case of elephantiasis. Made me want to rush to the medicine cabinet to see if I could find something to help it!

Primeval12

SidB

Quote from: Primeval12 on March 20, 2021, 09:17:28 PM
What about this one?

Almost reluctantly, I recently gave my old Schleich replicasaurus Ceratosaurus away to a youngster, along with other golden oldies. This one is so crude and homely, I'll say, that it achieves an almost mythical status in that department, IMO. As such, it's a classic, in my estimation.

Reuben03

Quote from: Primeval12 on March 20, 2021, 09:17:28 PM
What about this one?

it's like a cat that knows its doing something bad and knows it's in trouble

Faelrin

I feel like that Schleich Ceratosaurus would be right at home with the Crystal Palace dinosaurs. It certainly has that kind of retro charm to it. What a night and day difference between this and their new one.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

I really can't understand what the sculptor was thinking in creating this oddity. Still, its unique, to say the least!

Halichoeres

Quote from: SidB on March 20, 2021, 09:08:10 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on February 20, 2021, 11:17:16 PM

The poor thing looks like it has a bad case of elephantiasis. Made me want to rush to the medicine cabinet to see if I could find something to help it!

I believe the only cure is fire.

Stegotyranno420

No, we must sacrifice it to the Gods

On the other hand, i kind of like the detail texture on the figure. Thats not saying much, tho

Duna

I think Schleich's ceratosaurus is the undoubtedly winner ...   ;D

But these set of Spanish brand Yolanda made in 1989, called "Cabosaurios" are very close ...

Reuben03

Quote from: Duna on March 27, 2021, 11:11:19 AM
I think Schleich's ceratosaurus is the undoubtedly winner ...   ;D
But these set of Spanish brand Yolanda made in 1989, called "Cabosaurios" are very close ...
that dimetrodon is gorgeous!!!! one of the best

Duna

Quote from: Reuben03 on March 27, 2021, 11:33:10 AM
that dimetrodon is gorgeous!!!! one of the best

Hands are bigger than the head ;D ;D ;D

Shonisaurus

For me the Schleich ceratosaurus was for me one of the most interesting of the ornate or wave of Schleich of 1996 for me it is not one of the worst figures of dinosaurs.

By the way, Yolanda's uintatherium is without a doubt the weakest prehistoric mammal of all existing brands, but for me it was a gift from heaven to have it. Dimetrodon is very interesting. I love vintage figures as much or more than current ones.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: