You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

The figures of Walking with dinosaur of the BBC are some figures that excited me very much in their day I think they were made in the nineties if I remember correctly the last century and the beginning of this century.

What it cost me the most to find were the sailors. The liopleurodon I got thanks to an auction on Ebay and the ophalmosaurus I bought it at a Cosmo Caixa Museum in Barcelona outside my town by electronic payment that I bought it in 2000 and sincerely I was a complete lucky since that figure was the last they had for sale not only in that museum but throughout Spain.  :)

On the other hand, to my disgrace, all the theropods that I have of that series can not be supported on both feet. I have to have them cornered on the wall or paste them with plasticine bras. For my part the tyrannosaurus rex of so many falls from my bookshelf is completely full of abrasions in the hozico.  :-\

Bokisaurus

Okay, now we have here is the line that is often called the "The unofficial WWD figures" since they are clearly heavily inspired and based on the WWD film.
Released by TS Toys, these figures are soft hollow figures. The set was sold in the early 2001. I got mine on eBay for $60 for the set.
The set contains many of the familiar creatures from the film, some overlapping species with the official WWD line, but also contains some unique species that was not seen in the official line.
These species selections are dazzling and full of characters. They are not to scale, but rather all over the place. The figures also has large feet to help make them more stable.
Sizes range from 8" inches to 15" for the diplodocus.
My personal favorite are the Diplodocus, Liopleurodon, Ornithocheirus, Muttaburasaurus ( the bset figure of it out there IMHO), Coelophysis, and Ornitholestes.

There are 12 figures in all ( I highlighted and underlined those that are unique to this line and not seen in the official WWD line): Torosaurus, Diplodocus, Liopleurodon, Ornithocheirus, Coelophysis, Stegosaurus, Polocanthus, Muttaburasaurus, Anklulosaurus, Eustreptospondylus, Ornitholestes, Allosaurus.
Oddly and surprisingly, they did not include Tyrannosaurus! ^-^

The diplodocus has the spines on it's back, one of the first figures to show this. The Ornithocheirus is a beauty and a great consolation for those of us who may never own the official version ;D The pose is nice and very much like the one from the film. The Muttaburasaurus is easily the best toy figure of the species out there.
These figures are not rare, but they are also not found easily. I'm not sure of how much they are going for this days.

As a bonus, I tried to recreate scenes from the film just for fun ^-^ I'm sure you all will recognize them.

Hope you all enjoyed this set. For me, they are very much worth acquiring as a set. Till the next time, cheers and happy dino figure hunting!

Libraraptor

PhilSauria

Nice collection and great photos. I'd love to get hold of one of those Pterosaurs but don't hold out high hopes. Thanks for sharing.

SBell

I had the majority of the set at one point but (like the majority of my official WwD figures) found new homes for them.

One thing you didn't mention was the unique choices for names that are printed on the bottoms of some of them...I can't remember them all, but I know the Ornithocheirus was labelled as Tropeognathus, and I'm sure a few others were also 'unique'.

Halichoeres

This is an underrated set. I have only one (the Tropeognathus), and I found it unidentified in an eBay lot after having lost an auction for it that went up to around $50 or $60.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

I only bought the WWD pterosaur in its day two actually and they were destined for two different houses of mine. If they were solid plastic or a more consistent material as happens with Recur you would surely have bought the entire collection.

They are good figures but in my case I did not buy them for the reasons mentioned.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: SBell on March 06, 2018, 03:41:02 AM
I had the majority of the set at one point but (like the majority of my official WwD figures) found new homes for them.

One thing you didn't mention was the unique choices for names that are printed on the bottoms of some of them...I can't remember them all, but I know the Ornithocheirus was labelled as Tropeognathus, and I'm sure a few others were also 'unique'.

OMG, I was not even aware! I was assuming they were just nameless like so many cheap figures!
Yeah, interesting name choices... I wonder what made them choose the names, seems random to me ;D
But here are the names:
Torosaurus (not Triceratops); Diplodocus;
Liopleurodon (not Kronosaurus); Ornithocheirus (not Tropognathus): Coelophysis (not Ornithomidae); Stegosaurus;
Polocanthus (not Edmontonia); Muttaburasaurus (not Hadrosaurus); Ankylosaurus;
Eustreptospondylus (not Megalosaurus) Ornitholestes (not Eotyrannus); Allosaurus (not Tyrannosaurus!)
Ah, you learn something new every time  ^-^

Megalosaurus

Thats a great set Boki.
I'd love to have an mint Ornithocheirus. I have that one damaged (rescued from a flea market).
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you for this great Boki set. Now in the toy market it will be very expensive since it was for sale in stores over the year 2001. If those figures are put on sale I suppose they are revalued.  :)

RobinGoodfellow

..well, I'm really enjoying myself watching your wonderful collection..  8)

Bokisaurus

Bokisaurus

Hello Dino fans! Well, today, I figure I would post my Faunacast figure collection. As a rule, I really don't collect much resin/desktop figures. Mostly due to the cost as well as space and display issues.
I consider myself an opportunistic collector when it comes to desktop/resin figures. ^-^
The Faunacast line is a special one. Many of you may not know about the line since it pretty much went extinct a few years ago.
This venture was truly a collaborative effort between Malcolm ( the artist) and the DTF community.
It was a one man show, from design, sculpting, casting, and painting. Almost all of the figures were in the 1:40 scale as it was the most popular scale and most requested.
I have most of the figures, but there are some that I, unfortunately missed out on such as the two pterosaurs, as well some some original and updated version of some species.
Total, I have 18 figures from the line as well as some that were not officially part of the line but sculpted by Malcolm.
Anyway, if you are not familiar with the line, you can check it out here
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

And now, we take a look at the figures. I broke it down into groups; the dino, marine reptiles, and mammals.
Lets start with the dinosaurs. We have two versions of T. rex, parasaurolophus, Acrocanthosaurus, Dilophosaurus, Allosaurus, Suchumimus, Apatosaurus, Supersaurus,Ceratosaurus

Now the marine reptiles and one fish ^-^
They are Tylosaurus,Ophthalmosaurus,Xiphactinus,Kronosaurus,Muraenosaurus

Last group are the prehistoric mammals
They are Indricotherium,Brontotherium,Moropus,Daeodon

Group photos

The other figures that ARE NOT part of the Faunacast series but were from Malcolm.
I was offered the Brachiosaurus and I jumped on it! :)) The set of trilobites were also a great and luck acquisition :))

Correction:
Just found out that the Brachiosaurus was not sculpted by Malcolm. It was made by Gregory Paul by Rush Studio and was sculpted by Roger Walshlager who was the lead sculptor for the studio. Malcolm acquired the mold for the figure when it was thrown out as an obsolete.
So I guess it's the best of both world for me.

There you go! To date, from my original purchase, I am still waiting for that mighty Leedsichtys. It's been a few years wait, but I am confident that one day I will find a large box on my door with it, just like how the rest of them showed up one day^-^. In a way, the long wait is great, You forget about it then one day, when a large box shows up, you got so excited, just like Christmas!
I do hope that at some capacity, Malcolm will continue making sculptures as he is a really talented artist.
Update: The whole FaunaCast is not Extinct. Per Malcolm, the line is currently in hibernation. I'm super excited to hear that some ceratopsians are in the works! I do hope that we can see them one day. Wishing you the best Malcolm!
Thanks for checking in, till next time, cheers! :D

SBell

Malcolm promised me that he was going to get everyone their Leedsichthys...I think he is planning on sending them out in order of purchase? Mine was second, but kind of held things up due to Canadian shipping (but I have a US drop, so that worked out). I know that there are at least two people with them...but his pace can be pretty geological...!

Still, worth the wait!

Halichoeres

What treasures. I lament that I joined the hobby too late to get in on the ground floor with these. The marine animals and the Supersaurus are particularly enviable!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

Like Halichoeres, I joined the hobby too late for these. Thanks for filling in the background of the line. I hadn't realised it was a collaborative venture. I love the vivacity of the bellowing Parasaurolophus; also admire the Supersaurus and Apatosaurus greatly.

BrontoScorpio

It's a very impressive collection.
I also joined way too late to aquire those.
I think I tried to contact him once or twice - but of no avail.

I personaly would have liked the Dilophosaurus, Suchumimus, Apatosaurus and Supersaurus.

Jose S.M.

That was a great line for sure, I got late to it too but some of those are my favorites of their kind made. The Suchomimus looks great and I like the look of the Acrocanthosaurus very much, there's something about it very different than all other Acros I've seen. The Parasaurolophus and the sauropods are very nice too.

Shonisaurus

Faunacast figures are quite good perhaps the dinosaur figures of this series that I like the most are the tyrannosaurus, allosaurus devouring prey and the parasaurolophus although they are well-known figures both in the market of resin figures and in the market of toy dinosaurs .

The Xiphactinus is perhaps my favorite figure of prehistoric fish after the dunkleosteus and the leedsichthys and certainly a figure very poorly represented in the toy figures as well as the leedsichthys, which fortunately does not happen with the dunkleosteus.

In short, all the figures that you show us in your collection are outstanding and I congratulate you Boki for your great collection. It is very nice and cool from all points of view.  :)  :P

postsaurischian

:)  Nice collection!

The Moschops is the only Fauna Casts model I bought in these days.
       Was it part of the official series?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: