You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

Never knew there's so many figures in the series. Very impressive :)

Bokisaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 13, 2018, 03:20:01 PM
:)  Nice collection!

The Moschops is the only Fauna Casts model I bought in these days.
       Was it part of the official series?

Yes, it is part of the whole series. That is one of the figures I was not able to get, Malcolm did say he was going to send me one as a thank you for waiting for years, so maybe one will eventually show up :D

Bokisaurus

Thanks everyone ^-^ Yes, the series is indeed a great collection. I was lucky enough to get the sauropods as they were my favorites. The Supersaurus is so long, a good 33" inches long! I'm always worried that I will break it's tail! ^-^

I'm not sure exactly now how many figures were eventually released, but for sure I am missing a lot more like the 2 pterosaurs, Maschops, and a few more. But I think I got most of the ones that were released.
Oddly and unfortunately, no ceratopsian was ever made. There was a plan for a Kosmoceratops that only made it as far as planning stage. It would have been so awesome, I think it's still up on the thread if you want to see how it would have looked like. ;)
Cheers, and thanks for looking.

For the next installment, I am still debating which collection I should post, maybe I will surprise you all with one that is unexpected ;D

BrontoScorpio

The Dilophosaurus reminds me so much the Colorata old version :
Upper left corner :

dinonikes

Lovely photos Boki, I appreciate the appreciation. As far as the Fauna Casts line there have been 27 1/40 prehistoric figures issued thus far- stegosaurus ungulatas, supersaurus vivanae, apatosaurus ajax, spinosaurus aegyticus, suchomimus tenerensis, ceratosaurus nasicornis, t.rex (V1), t. rex (V2), allosaurus on apatosaurus carcass, daeodon, mastodon, moschops, moropus, brontotherium, indricotherium, muraenosaurus, kronosaurus, xiphactinus, leedsichthys, ophthalmosaurus, mosasaurus tylosaurus, acrocanthosaurus, parasaurolophus, dilophosaurus, ornithocheirus, quetzalcoatlus, arctidus simus. There has been one 1/15 prehistoric figure issued- dilophosaurus. There has been one 1/20 extant animal figure issued- spotted hyena.
I have quite a few new figures (including ceratopsian) sculpted waiting to be molded, waiting for warm weather to arrive.
The acro may look different from other takes due to mine not having a fin along the back. My take was that the body mass would have gone to top of vertebrae(read old thread on original forum).
The brachiosaurus was not sculpted by me. It was made with Gregory Paul by Rush Studios. It was sculpted by Roger Walshlager who was the lead sculptor at Rush Studios. I acquired the mold for that model when it was thrown out as obsolete.
Fauna Casts is not extinct, its just been in hibernation so to speak.

Patrx

Good to know, Malcolm! And thanks for the info about the Brachiosaurus, I'd been wondering why I never spotted any pictures of it in the Fauna Casts archive.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: dinonikes on March 14, 2018, 01:47:30 PM
Lovely photos Boki, I appreciate the appreciation. As far as the Fauna Casts line there have been 27 1/40 prehistoric figures issued thus far- stegosaurus ungulatas, supersaurus vivanae, apatosaurus ajax, spinosaurus aegyticus, suchomimus tenerensis, ceratosaurus nasicornis, t.rex (V1), t. rex (V2), allosaurus on apatosaurus carcass, daeodon, mastodon, moschops, moropus, brontotherium, indricotherium, muraenosaurus, kronosaurus, xiphactinus, leedsichthys, ophthalmosaurus, mosasaurus tylosaurus, acrocanthosaurus, parasaurolophus, dilophosaurus, ornithocheirus, quetzalcoatlus, arctidus simus. There has been one 1/15 prehistoric figure issued- dilophosaurus. There has been one 1/20 extant animal figure issued- spotted hyena.
I have quite a few new figures (including ceratopsian) sculpted waiting to be molded, waiting for warm weather to arrive.
The acro may look different from other takes due to mine not having a fin along the back. My take was that the body mass would have gone to top of vertebrae(read old thread on original forum).
The brachiosaurus was not sculpted by me. It was made with Gregory Paul by Rush Studios. It was sculpted by Roger Walshlager who was the lead sculptor at Rush Studios. I acquired the mold for that model when it was thrown out as obsolete.

Wow, so glad to hear from you! It's been ages, but glad that you still check in on the forum. I do hope all is well with you. Glad and so happy to hear that you are still working on some figures, you are such a talented artist, it would have been a shame if you stopped sculpting.
So, there are more released figures than I though! Although sad to have missed out on many of them, I am glad that I was able to acquire at least half of all the released figures ;D

Thanks for the correction on that Brachiosaurus, I have had so many question about it through the years, but could not remember for the life of me what the story was behind it ;D No we all know, I will edit the post and add that info.

Looking forward to Fauna Cast springtime, when it emerges from hibernation  :D Hopefully that "little" :)) fish will soon be swimming git's way to my doorstep ;) ( I still have the same contact info BTW ;))
So happy that you stoped by, take care of yourself and do check in once in a while, we miss you here!

PS:
Your series is the only complete set of desktop figures that has it's own shelf in my living room ^-^ They are on permanent display despite my limited space. They share the space with some very special figures, mostly from other artist like you. Here they are :D

I had to separate the two sauropods from the rest since they are simply to long and I am always worried that I will break their tails if they are on the lower shelf. So they occupy the top shelf.
Hmm, I think this is actually the first time I posted photos of my collection in situ ;D

SBell

Quote from: dinonikes on March 14, 2018, 01:47:30 PM

I didn't realize that the Arctodus was 1/40. It seemed small somehow...like 1/60. But looking again, I guess it's true! It just looks so tiny compared to the entelodont and indricothere!

For comparison, here it is with some other FC figures (and other things that aren't to scale):

Bokisaurus

Well, today I will post something fun and unexpected :))
While going through my collection ( ongoing process), I found these guys! Not exactly prehistoric, in fact it's the reverse, it's a futuristic look at what evolution would look like in the far distant future.
I believe the series came out way back in 2002 and was a BBC original series that later was released in the US by Discovery channel.
Honestly, I don't remember much of the film since I haven't watched it in more than a decade!
Anyway, the series was goes way back into the future after humans went extinct. I believe it was done in 5 million years, then 100, then 200 into the future.
Very interesting stuff, but more like Sci-Fi IMO, but entertaining. There were a lot of interesting animals featured in the film, mostly focused on birds, insects, and fish.
I wish the selections for the toy figures were more interesting, but there are a few that really are cool.
Anyway, I though it would be a fun way to end the week.

Here they are individually: Carakiller,Gannetwhale,Ocean Flish

The Toraton,Megasquid,Terabyte ,Poggle ( 100 MY, the last surviving mammal)

Well, hope you had fun! Until the next installment ( promise we go back to prehistoric  ;D), Cheers!

Megalosaurus

I didn't knew that there are figures of that series. So interesting.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Shonisaurus

Where did you find these figures of Future is Wild? I have the complete series on DVDs and I like it very much.

By the way the figures are PVC or resin would be interested in any case in searching for them on the Internet are some outstanding figures but nonexistent. It was great that series, especially when the cephalopods (squid, octopus) collect the evolutionary witness of intelligent beings on earth.

On the other hand it was interesting the chapter in which the last species of prehistoric mammal is narrated that was a rodent is one of those represented among the figures.

As for the giant tortoise (which is among the figures in that series) is an interesting creature according to the series occupied the ecological niche of the missing large mammals (such as the elephant) or the dinosaurs (sauropods).

Interesting series where I recommend it. Thanks Boki for sharing.  :)

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 15, 2018, 09:30:45 PM
Where did you find these figures of Future is Wild? I have the complete series on DVDs and I like it very much.

By the way the figures are PVC or resin would be interested in any case in searching for them on the Internet are some outstanding figures but nonexistent. It was great that series, especially when the cephalopods (squid, octopus) collect the evolutionary witness of intelligent beings on earth.

On the other hand it was interesting the chapter in which the last species of prehistoric mammal is narrated that was a rodent is one of those represented among the figures.

As for the giant tortoise (which is among the figures in that series) is an interesting creature according to the series occupied the ecological niche of the missing large mammals (such as the elephant) or the dinosaurs (sauropods).

I got them so many years ago. They are PVC figures. I'm not sure how easy they are  to find these days. :)
Interesting series where I recommend it. Thanks Boki for sharing.  :)

Dinomike

Wow Booking! Your collection is an inspiration to me! Fantastic pictures!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Roselaar

Lovely FiW figures! Never seen them before. I like them, but I only collect extinct animal figures so this saves me cash. :)

Libraraptor

Those TFIW figures are very cool! I loved that TV show and the ideas behind it. 

Faelrin

I haven't watched that show since I was a kid. I had no idea they have figures of the creatures in it. I would have liked to have these as a kid in all honesty. As an adult I'll have to admire the ones I'm seeing here for now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Dinomike on March 17, 2018, 08:09:43 PM
Wow Booking! Your collection is an inspiration to me! Fantastic pictures!

Aww, thank you, you are so kind. Did you notice your Spino in the photos of the display shelve? He is mixed in with the FaunaCast figures :))

Bokisaurus

Okay Dino fans, lets start this week with some PNSO figures, you know that company that burst into the scene a couple of years ago with so many awesome figures, then only to be caught up in internal turmoil that jeopardized and put any planned figures into indefinite limbo :(
Well, I got some of their figures before the fiasco, and I am so glad I did as they are truly impressive figures, both in size and sculpting quality.
It rules is heartbreaking to know that some of the planned figures won't be seeing the daylight.
Anyway, I am doing this in two-parters since there will be lots of photos :))

Part 1: Small figures and Large figures
First up: Six little dinosaurs set

When I first heard of the PNSO line, it was about the set of six little figures. These are babies, and they are cute!
They were released with two option, one as a full set with a story book included, second option as individually packaged with a small booklet. I got them as individual figures as at that time I was not able to find the whole set with the story book.

The figures are cute but not cartoony as often since when babies are made. The species are the popular ones.

Next up: The large figures
Now, we go from tiny figures to some of the largest figures. These next set are one of the first that were released. I don't have all of them as you can see, mostly missing the original rex and Lufengasaurus, as well as all the ones that came after these set.
The issues with these large figures was they were hard to get due to them not widely available outside of China.
For a brief period, they were available on Amazon, that's how I got most of the figures. DeJankins also had them briefly .
I love these figures! Finally we got one truly large and impressive sauropod and a new species as well. They are large, but hollow, so they are not heavy at all. Made of plastic, the only drawback to these figures is that the seams are so visible.

These figures are beautifully packaged as well.

First up is the impressive and rearing Euhelopus. I had the pleasure of reviewing this figure for the blog.

Next is the giant Huanghetitan! This is my favorite and also the largest figure in my collection! Truly impressive figure!

Then we have another giant, the beautiful Shantungosaurus

Following closely, we have Mandschurosaurus

And then, one of the truly impressive non-dinosaur figures and one that I was really excited about, the mighty Basilosaurus. I also had the pleasure of reviewing this figure for the blog .

And a few shots of the  beautiful packaging itself a work of art!

That it for now, on the next post we will see the other mini figures. Stay tuned and thanks for looking, cheers! ;)

Lanthanotus

I swear, you all only post pictures of that Huanghetitan to make me buy it :D .....

Nice PNSO collection, but what's that tiny pterosaur on the titan's back? Tamiya?

PhilSauria

Those PNSO figures sure are magnificent, I count myself lucky to have managed four from that range, and I am glad I stretched the funds to get hold of the Huanghetitan. I tend not to recall how much it cost me these days just admire it and the way it towers over the rest of the Sauropod herd - even the big Brachios. Thanks for the images.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: