News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

To be honest, I like your reviews way more than lot of reviewers on Youtube , the so-called "awesome-reviewers" (the key word is "awesome" because everything is awesome for them simply because it's free from company  ;) ).

Halichoeres

Congrats on your goodie box! CollectA has a really nice assortment this year, including the extant ones. The angler is especially fetching.

Enjoy your vacation!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dusty Wren

I really like CollectA's lineup this year. Even the species that I'm not interested in getting myself are so well executed.

The Paraceratherium has really grown on me since the first promo images came out, and I think your photos have finally sold me on getting it. Something about the face is just charming.
Check out my customs thread!

Shonisaurus

What nice acquisitions. That konobelodon and diplodocus from Eofauna are hard to match in awesomeness by any other dinosaur company in this case the konobelodon is the only one of its kind. They are both impressive. My congratulations. In my case, waiting for the Schleich majungasaurus to be marketed in my online store to collect those Eofauna wonders of 2022. . You are completely lucky.

Bokisaurus

Welllllll, its been a while, sort of lost motivation to post or update my threads the last few months :-[
But here are some of my latest PNSO additions from the last two months. I also finally got to photograph the Eofauna models.

With some comparison shots ^-^

And Eofauna's models, beautiful!

SidB

Splendid stuff! I Particularly like your image of our proboscidian friend. These two companies have garnered almost all of my attention over the past two years as a collector and I always enjoy your updates to your own collection. Nice to share the journey with those who have a certain common appreciation.

Halichoeres

I just got my Torosaurus in from Happy Hen but I haven't opened it yet--I was waiting until I got some projects finished as a reward. These photos are definitely whetting my appetite.

And the EoFauna figures are gorgeous, of course. They're definitely batting 1.000 with those proboscideans.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Bokisaurus

This beautiful one arrived a couple of weeks ago but never had the time to take pics or log in here to post.
Anyways, this one impressive and huge sauropod model and I'm so happy to finally have something this size... sauropods have been downsized the last few years ;D
I'm signed up to review this model so I won't say much and save most photos for that. I will say that this is well worth the cost and truly well researched with so much details. Color is also very close to promo pics.
Cheers!
[/img]

For size idea:
[/url][/img]
[/url][/img]

Halichoeres

Still waiting for a US retailer to have this in stock. I dig the blue tail tip!

ceratopsian

It's really appealing isn't it?  Quite a master-stroke to lift the otherwise sensible large-animal colours with such an eye-catching appendage.  (And I'm hanging on too - I want to support my "local" dinosaur shop with my custom.)

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 05, 2022, 03:40:16 PMStill waiting for a US retailer to have this in stock. I dig the blue tail tip!

Jose S.M.

That's a beautiful sauropod. I will also like to eventually get that Mamenchisaurus from CollectA someday

SidB

Looking forward to getting mine from Dans, though shipments from China seem a bit on the slow side right now. Got to be patient.

Bokisaurus

Thanks guys, it really is a nice model and I can't wait to take it out for some photo shoot and write its review. :D

Chasmosaurus

Quote from: Bokisaurus on August 07, 2022, 01:00:46 AMThanks guys, it really is a nice model and I can't wait to take it out for some photo shoot and write its review. :D

And we can't wait to read it.
Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Chasmosaurus on August 07, 2022, 08:01:50 AM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on August 07, 2022, 01:00:46 AMThanks guys, it really is a nice model and I can't wait to take it out for some photo shoot and write its review. :D

And we can't wait to read it.

Awww, thank you.
It won't be out till next month since I'm off on a trip and I plan on taking it with me to photograph 😃
I'm also taking a couple of surprise models as well😃

Bokisaurus

Hello everyone. This post is what not your typical one and I have been meaning to do it for some time now. Some of you may have noticed that in the last year I have been less and less active here, then completely or mostly absent in the last 5 months.
Five weeks ago we had to say goodbye to our beloved Sophie. She was my constant companion in all of our adventures for the last 13 years.We got her when she was just a 8 weeks old puppy. Last October she was diagnosed with congested heart failure, it came out of nowhere without any warnings. There is no cure for the condition unfortunately, and the only things we could do is to try and slow down the progression and to ensure her comfort.
Since then, our focus has been all on her wellbeing and care. Everything else took a back seat including my passion for dinosaur toy collecting.
Those times that I did check in here was hard since I was no longer finding the joy I once had and I could no longer participate or have interest in reading yet another negative comment about a new figure. I wanted to save my interest in this hobby and keep my excitement and joy in the figures that comes along, and not reading those negative comments was one way I could do that.

As the weeks wore on since losing Sophie, I still am reeling after the event and really feel devastated, I knew it would be heartbreaking, but I was not prepared for just how intense the feeling of devastation would be. Not a day since her passing have I not cried, and everywhere is haunted by her. I miss her terribly.
In addition,  other life challenges has been thrown my way and I have been struggling just to keep my focus on daily life. Big changes are also happening in my life as well that would require me to be focused and healthy. It's been a very rough 2 months for me.
So, I'm hitting the "pause" button on my dinosaur collecting for now.
I have amassed a huge collection that will require some weeding out, so hopefully when I once again get back in the hobby I would have more room  :)
PNSO is about the only brand right now that I would still try and get when I can.
As for reviews for the blog, I wish I could have more time to finish up what I already started but that seems very unlikely right now. I had a great lineup planned, but what can you do when life suddenly takes an unexpected turn?
I do plan on posting one last review, the PNSO therizinosaurus that is finished and has been sitting unpublished for a while now, but after that, I can't say when I will get back agin... hopefully in a few month.

This forum community has been a huge part of my life for more than a decade now so it is important to me and making this decision  was not easy, but it's for the best, at least temporarily until I can sort all of this life stuff.
I thank you all for following the evolution of my collection, as well as for reading my blog reviews. I really enjoyed your enthusiasm and surely will miss sharing dinosaur stuff with you all.
If there is one thing I have learned this last decade as being part of this community is that don't lose sight of why you got into the hobby in the. first place. Enjoy the models we are now being spoiled with, don't get too hung up on accuracy or be so nitpick on everything. By being so focused on the negativity is a sure way to lose that sense of excitement and adventure. Just my thoughts.
So, enjoy the hobby, I will surely be keeping track on what's new here whenever I have the time. I really hope that I will be back again in a few months or how ever long it takes. Until then, stay safe and healthy and be nice to each other :)
Until we meet again. Cheers!
Boki :)

]
[/url]]
[url="http://[url="https://postimg.cc/Xp9DNN07\""][/url]]

ceratopsian

My condolences over the loss of your Sophie. Pets leave huge holes in our lives when they go. She had the sweetest pretty face!

I shall miss seeing your reviews. It always brightened my day enormously when one was published. I admire your photographic skills and your sure eye for composition, especially in your outdoor shots. And our approach to our models was often very much in tune.

I hope very much to "meet" up once again with you at some point in the future. And that PNSO creates some new models that will bring you joy.  Sending you my very best wishes.

BlueKrono

I understand having to make the decision that is right for you at this point in your life. Wishing you all the best B @Bokisaurus.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Dusty Wren

Ah, Boki, I'm so sorry to hear about Sophie. I always enjoyed seeing her in your behind-the-scenes photos! It sounds like the two of you had some great adventures together, and that she was lucky to have you as her human. Dogs are never with us long enough.

Take care of yourself, okay? Hope to see you again around the forum when you're ready.
Check out my customs thread!

TooOldForDinosaurs

So sorry to hear about what you're going through. I'm sending all the best wishes your way. Take the time you need and we will be more than happy to welcome you back at any time in the future.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: