News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Thanks guys, yeah, I find the final mass produced models to be as good if not better than the promo pics 😃
Makes me want to put it in an aquarium diorama!🤣

Halichoeres

Got my Dunk in last week and I'm pretty pleased with it despite a few quirks in its design.

Quote from: Bokisaurus on September 22, 2021, 01:46:42 PM

I've thought about making an aquarium diorama too! Would love to see yours if you made one.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 22, 2021, 05:32:59 PM
Got my Dunk in last week and I'm pretty pleased with it despite a few quirks in its design.

Quote from: Bokisaurus on September 22, 2021, 01:46:42 PM

I've thought about making an aquarium diorama too! Would love to see yours if you made one.

Yeah it's an awesome figure that is surely a great candidate for a small aquarium diorama 🤣

Bokisaurus

And here he comes swimming into my Collection! It took longer to arrive due to the shipping chaos that is currently disrupting worldwide shipping, but he arrived safely. Wow, impressive beast despite its smaller size.
Full of character and some unique take on the tail fluke that really sets it apart from all others.By far my favorite version out there, it just looks fearsome and those teeth are so meticulous sculpted!
I signed up to review it so I'm saving more photos and comments for that, cheers!
[]

Bread

Jeff looks stunning. Congratulations on the addition to your collection! I'll be looking out for your review on this one, may even tempt me to buy it...

Shonisaurus

My congratulations, it is not as big a figure as other Safari or Collecta counterparts but it is as I already mentioned the most dynamic of all your figures, I believe the most dynamic of all the pliosauroids that exist on the market. You are a very lucky person and I am very happy for your new acquisition.

Duck

Wow, and I thought the Safari Kronosaurus was impressive...
He who dwells in pond

SidB

Halichoeres

This is a very tempting figure in spite of the fact that I still really adore my Safari version.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 17, 2021, 07:17:36 PM
This is a very tempting figure in spite of the fact that I still really adore my Safari version.

For sure its an impressive figure. ;D

Bokisaurus

And just like that, two new exciting arrival joined my collection.
PNSO's Olorotitan and Tylosaurus , both amazing figures!

Olorotitan - Stunning addition to the growing herd of PNSO's hadrosaurs. Beautiful and very elegant looking. I'm signed up to review it so saving most of my comments and photos for that.
[]

Tylosaurus - Like many of you, I was a bit concerned about the seams when I saw in hand photos. That being said, sure, the seams are unfortunate BUT having it in person, I'm relieved and glad that its not as bad as it look in photos. Somehow photos make it seems worst than they are in person.
Obviously you can still see it, but just a couple of feet away and especially with lighting, the seam blends in. I love this model, more than I thought I would. The material is hard plastic and not soft at all.
Amazing sculpt and details and very dynamic - it now replaces the old Carnegie as the representative in my limited display shelf.
[
Overall, I'm very happy with these two and can't wait to get the others. Cheers! :))

paintingdinos

Excellent figures! I really do like that Tylosaurus. It looks like the seam is hardly visible when the model is facing to the right. The texturing on the face looks especially nice-- does the whole model have that texture or is the rest smooth?

Shonisaurus

Nice figures, for a moment I thought that the smell you had was of a red crest and now I realize that it is orange, you take some cool pictures. Thanks for the information on the material used for these figures, that rigid and hard plastic makes the figure of much higher quality. The nobler the material of the figure, the higher its quality. Thanks for sharing and my congratulations.

Halichoeres

These are pretty nice. Still waiting for mine because I held off ordering until the Himalayasaurus was available. Your photos are certainly whetting my appetite.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Congrats on these two! And the Kronosaurus of course (beautiful, but too expensive to my liking. Sadly.). The Tylosaurus really did grow on me. I kind of like the approach with hollow Figures. They are lighter, yes. But the Detail is still outstanding and the size is quite nice, i have to say. It works almost like an Upgrade to the newer Safari Tylosaurus. Or a way bigger male. Which could work, regarding the Monitors nowadays. I can't wait to put it next to my Safari one.

The Olorotitan really looks wonderful. I absolutely would love to have it next to the other PNSO Hadros.
Looking forward to your Reviews!

Bokisaurus

Thanks everyone 😃
avatar_paintingdinos @paintingdinos - the scales on the tylosaurus is beautifully done and covered the entire body! Those on the head are slightly larger.
It really is an amazing model with beautiful details despite the seam line.
I'm tempted to review it but I'm so far behind right now🤣

Bokisaurus

Well finally after almost a year after their reveal, the last few CollectA's are finally available in the US! :))

I'm totally involve with these two figures! Beautiful sculpt and the colors are very pleasing. I hope that both figures will become huge success and would encourage CollectA to do more in the future :)
[]

CollectA's invertebrates in their full glory, truly a spectacular set and display beautifully.
[]

And then there is this one! ;D I found it while browsing and I had to get it. I have always wanted a nice sized figure of this old reconstruction.
I am planning on reviewing this one for the blog so saying pics and more comments for that.
[]

Bread

Very nice arrivals B @Bokisaurus
What brand or where is that old reconstruction of Helicoprion from? That sure is an interesting piece and I kind have a want for it.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Bread on November 02, 2021, 10:16:25 PM
Very nice arrivals B @Bokisaurus
What brand or where is that old reconstruction of Helicoprion from? That sure is an interesting piece and I kind have a want for it.

Hi avatar_Bread @Bread i got it from Amazon. It's an interesting figure that captures the old reconciliation nicely. It's comparable in size to PNSO and they make a great pair that illustrate the changes. Solid pvc as well.
I'm going to review it once I'm all caught up🤣

Here is the Amazon link, not bad price either.
https://www.amazon.com/FLORMOON-Realistic-Helicoprion-Learning-Educational/dp/B09J3NL54M/ref=mp_s_a_1_21?crid=2GSQBN5NWJ4XV&dchild=1&keywords=helicoprion+shark&pscroll=1&qid=1635892967&sprefix=halicoprion%2Caps%2C167&sr=8-21&wIndexMainSlot=33

Shonisaurus

My congratulations for the new additions to your collection, sincerely it is amazing how the Collecta dinosaurs are being delayed but fortunately they have already arrived in your nation, on the other hand thank you for publishing the photograph of the helicoprion and answering the question of our colleague Bread incorporating a link, I thought that helicoprion was not PVC and yet it is, I thought it was a less malleable size.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: