You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

It's a cool set if for no other reason than the variety! How big is that mini Pawpawsaurus?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 11, 2018, 12:33:56 AM
It's a cool set if for no other reason than the variety! How big is that mini Pawpawsaurus?

I have most of the carded playmates ones (last picture). The second series are a bit smaller than the first, and I never did get them all >:(

So when you said mini pawpawsaurus, I was hoping that was it! But no, a different.

Also, somewhere around here I have some dollar-store knock-offs/inspired-bys of some of them--they are slightly jointed and surprisingly decent. The Lambeosaurus is my personal favorite!

Bokisaurus

Yeah, the variety is amazing. Pawpawsaurus is about 3 inches long.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: SBell on April 11, 2018, 01:16:12 AM

I have most of the carded playmates ones (last picture). The second series are a bit smaller than the first, and I never did get them all >:(

So when you said mini pawpawsaurus, I was hoping that was it! But no, a different.

Also, somewhere around here I have some dollar-store knock-offs/inspired-bys of some of them--they are slightly jointed and surprisingly decent. The Lambeosaurus is my personal favorite!

^-^ I assume you are after a version of pawpawsaurus as well? :)) Why is that one so hard to find?
I would love to see a photo of that Lambeo you have, yeah, too b ad they didn't make a Lambeo figure  in the large set.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 10, 2018, 10:37:24 PM
The key rings are adorable!  And overall the bright colours are a good antidote to the miserable dull and wet "spring" we are slogging through here.
:D Haha, at first I was not a fan of the bright colors, but you know, I got used to it and really appreciated it, especially when seen as a whole collection instead of individual. Yeah, very spring colors! :))

Shonisaurus

Hi Boki:

Unfortunately, I do not see your photos of your collection now from my computer. The comments appear but unfortunately the photographs are not visible. I do not know what happens.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 11, 2018, 08:49:37 PM
Hi Boki:

Unfortunately, I do not see your photos of your collection now from my computer. The comments appear but unfortunately the photographs are not visible. I do not know what happens.

YIKES! What a nightmare this missing photo debacle is! :-[
I tried to follow the instructions on how to restore them, is it working? Can people see my photos on the very first page?
I wanted to try it on the first page photos only and see if it works before trying to go t through and restore each page photos. this is going to be a nightmare of EPIC PROPORTION!  :'(

I will resume collection post next week once I get this situation figures out and sorted.

Jose S.M.

Minmiminime

I can see them, it's somehow the first time I've seen them, and your collection totally blows me away! ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

Fortunately Boki you can see the pictures on the first page.  :) And what I said, I love your photos and your beautiful collection.  ;)

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Minmiminime on April 14, 2018, 08:53:23 AM
I can see them, it's somehow the first time I've seen them, and your collection totally blows me away! ^-^

;D Thank you ,and there will be more to come ^-^

suspsy

In the long run, you'll certainly be the reviewer with the most reviews to his name!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bokisaurus

Hellooooo Dinofans! Now that the whole posting photos is fixed, thanks you Adam!, we can resume the show.
The problem prevented me from finishing up the SEGA and Happinet post, so today we will finish it up and take a look at the second set, the Happinet.
Like the SEGA dinoking, I started collecting the species I like first, and when I realized that I was close to completing the collection, I went ahead and got the others, mostly as by catch .
This collection is made up of 28 figures, which 25 of them I got, so only missing two figures, the Velociraptor and Pteranodon. I pretty much gave up on these two, as they never showed up in mixed lot and always expensive when sold as individuals. But I'm okay with it, maybe one day.
The figures are about the same size as the Dinoking figures. They re sculpted by famed sculptor Kazunari Araki and came out around the same time as the Dinoking.
I don't know much about the story of this collection other than they look very similar to Dinoking.
Although sculpted by Araki ( you can see his style), they are often not easily recognizable due to the almost stylized design and most notable, due to their oversized feet. I mean, really ridiculously oversized feet! ;D
Despite this, they are charming figures, more subdued in color than their SEGA counterpart and often awkward looking. The species overlaps with SEGA Dinoking as well.Like the SEGA, they are also sold in Japan, making them hard to get even during their initial release. Like the Dinoking, these figures are also articulated.
It's really interesting to see the comparison between how the species are depicted between the two sets.
I go these guys years ago, so not sure how much or easy they re to acquire these days. Anyway, enjoy the show!

The Quetzalcoathus, of of two pterosaur in the set. I really like this one.

Futaburasaurus, the lone marine reptile

The trio of sauropods, the Siesmosaurus, Brachiosaurus and Amarga (in rearing pose)

Para and Lambeo ( one of my favorite), Maiasaurus and Pacy, Saichania and Sauropelta, Styraco and Pentaceratops

The two stegosaur: Stegosaurus and Kentrosaurus, followed by Mr. T and Trike

The bad boys: Allosaurus and Fukuiraptor, Giga and Carno, Spino and Acro

The lone prehistoric mammal, the Smilodon. So the thing is, I am not sure if the mammoth that I posted on the Dinoking is actually a part of this set or really part of Dinoking. He is not show in either one of the list.
For now, until someone can confirm, I am going by mammoth with SEGA.

And the group parade

There you go, hope you all enjoyed the set. Truly interesting sets that is worth acquiring if you are able to. They are fun, whimsical, stylized, and vibrantly colored figures that will sure catch anyones eyes with their charms ^-^
So, which collection wins? :D
Thanks for looking, I will follow up Wednesday with some of my most recent addition, till then, cheers! ^-^

Jose S.M.

The Seismosaurus is really good looking. Also I like the body of Lambeo and Maiasaura, almost got them one time but in all photos I saw the front limbs were I'm weird positions, I wonder if it was bad photos.

Shonisaurus

The one I like a lot is the quetzalcoatlus and apart from that the kentrosaurus with that bright blue color and obviously the lambeosaurus and amargasaurus.

On the other hand styracosaurus is one of my favorite ceraptosides.

I am happy Boki that you have solved the problem that you had with the publication of the photos.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on April 16, 2018, 06:48:00 PM
In the long run, you'll certainly be the reviewer with the most reviews to his name!

Hmmm, I never thought of my collection post as reviews, but I guess they are a quick summary of the collection :D
Yeah, it took me a while to decide how I was going to show my collection. I considered by time, species, group, etc. but all seems too much work after I organized the collection ^-^
So in the end, I decided to showcase them as a collection by brand. I will still spotlight groups or individuals.

Bokisaurus

OMG, so excited about this new addition to my collection of prehistoric mammals!
I have wanted, prayed for years that one of the major brand will make one ( looking at you CollectA!), but alas, no one has.
Well, finally, someone did make one!

Meet Sivatherium giganteum! Wow, this figure is beautiful and very well sculpted!
He was sculpted by Joan Milelire Soler, a Spanish artist and just recently joined this forum to advertise this figure. He was/is a memeber of the ATF, that is how I became familiar with his works.
I was a fan of his sculpt, mostly extant animals, that I tried my best to collect as many of them s I can afford ;D
I feel fortunate that I was able to acquire most of his figures as many had a short run and very limited production number.
So here he is, after many years of wishing and praying :)

As you can see on the card, mine is #2 :D

Here he is with the rest of Joan's extant animal figures that I have in my collection, I have seven total

Sumatran rhino, Anoa ( retired), Addax, Sitatunga ( I think he is retired also), Topi, Babirousa ( retired), and Thylacine female (retired)

And here he is with his extant relatives, the Giraffe and Okapi

And since Okapi is one of my favorite animals ( I'm Okapiboy at the ATF), here he is with my herd ^-^

If you are a fan of prehistoric mammals, or just want something that is unique and not mass produced, this one is for you. I have to admit it was expensive, but very much worth it for me since I have been wanting one for so long!
Hope you enjoyed looking at his beautiful face, cheers! ^-^
Yeah, maybe I will review him for the blog :D

Nimravus

Impressive model. He is a very gifted sculptor. Unfortunately, as you said ,his models are running out quickly and then, they are not re-fabricated.
Nice catch and beautiful pictures as usual.

RobinGoodfellow

I absolutely love the Sivatherium by Joan Soler.
I'm just waiting but, for sure, it will be in my collection soon.
I'm a prehistoric mammals fan.  8)
^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: