News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Edaphosaurus is a beauty, I'm looking forward to get it. And your photos sold me on the Borealopelta! Looks great together with the Safari Sauropelta.

Faelrin

Digging these recent comparison pictures (for the new CollectA figures, as well as the Safari Ltd Stegosaurus). I really hope I can get around to getting the new Stegosaurus from Safari Ltd, and the new CollectA Borealopelta and Edaphosaurus at some point too (still need to get the Dunkleosteus and Estemmenosuchus too). Hopefully next year (if not sometime this year), I can "retire" from collecting Mattel JW figures (unless they have something I find as a must have, but honestly I'm running out of room for them in particular at this point), to catch up on some of the models that I've had my eye these past couple of years.

Anyways I really like seeing how the new Stegosaurus sizes up with the Papo one and the Safari Ltd Feathered Tyrannosaurus, and last year's Triceratops. I also really like seeing how the CollectA Carnotaurus looks alongside the new Safari Ltd one. I already have the Safari Ltd one, but I have a thing for red carno's since the Disney Dinosaur film introduced it to me when I was a kid, so I might have to get around to getting this one too. I also like how that Borealopelta looks alongside the Safari Ltd Sauropelta (which I also have). Same goes for the Edaphosaurus alongside the other Permian critters CollectA has done.

Maybe one of these days they could get around to making a Moschops, and/or Diplocaulus, if not Scutosaurus and Inostrancevia, too. Of course I'd also like to see them do an Anomalocaris. Honestly I wish more companies would start doing Paleozoic creatures outside of Dimetrodon, and Dunkleosteus (or at least Safari Ltd, although they did have a Scutosaurus and Inostrancevia, long retired now sadly), but at least CollectA has been stepping up their game and providing some now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dino Scream3232

Beautiful pics as always. CollectA looks like they really stepped up their painf apps. Those models look fantastic!!! What a turnaround to make a Borealopelta. CollectA is always fast to get on the wagon with new species that are in the public eyes. Got the last of the Safari in too. My biggest is with the Stegosaurus. The paint scheme is ok. But my biggest gripe is the price. It's small for $24.99. The Camarasaurus is twice the size and $6 less. Just seems like an odd price point for it.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on March 06, 2019, 08:59:39 PM
No, it doesn't have an articulated jaw.

From my point of view of preferences and from the commercial point of view it seems to me well that Collecta makes dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals with articulated jaws (for example baryonyx and caiuajara) and animals without articulated jaws (like carnotaurus and fukuiraptor) in this way has glad to the two parties of consumers. That is to say, those who are in favor of prehistoric animals with articulated jaws and those who are followers of dinosaurs without jaw articulation, that is to say those of us who are in favor of fixed jaws. In this way he has both tendencies happy. From my point of view it is a very intelligent attitude on the part of Collecta.

Tyto_Theropod

Great models and great photos, Boki. CollectA have really outdone themselves this year! I'm definitely picking up the Borealopelta and much as I dislike bases I love, love, LOVE the Carnotaurus. It is indeed way better than the Safari (sorry Doug :(). It looks built for speed and ready to chase after something and you definitely get that 'Cretaceous cheetah' vibe looking at it.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Killekor

Thanks for the photos Bokisaurus! The Boreaopelta is way better than in the promotional photos! Same thing for the Carnotaurus. It's incredible how promotional photos sometimes ruin some figures.
The only thing which stops me from buying the Boreaopelta it's his small size, a thing that disturbs me in most dinosaur figures. From what I can see it's even smaller than the Safari Sauropelta, a figure which for me it's also too small.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Tyto_Theropod

avatar_Killekor @Killekor I'm the opposite. Size doesn't really influence my decisions unless it's a HUGE model, but for whatever reason I have a strange fondness for figures in that kind of size range.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Bokisaurus

Thanks everyone, yes, these figures are truly some of the best CollectA has produced. I read that this years lower output was due to both sculptor and designer being busy with other projects, but they expect to be back to the same number of figure for next year. So, hopefully next years class will be as good, if not better, than this years stellar class :D

Quote from: suspsy on March 06, 2019, 10:15:31 PM
The Caiuajara does have an articulated jaw.

Yes, it does have an articulated jaw. They did a good job of concealing it that its not very obvious at all. The Carno does not, but that's okay.

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 06, 2019, 10:31:46 PM
Beautiful photos, as usual. CollectA has excelled themselves this time. So looking forward to having my own models arrive once they get to UK shops!  I had been planning to pass on the Carnotaurus but not sure I can after seeing your photos.
You won't be disappointed, it really is beautiful and much more in person where you can really appreciate the delicate details that are hard to capture in photos.
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 06, 2019, 08:03:55 PM
I always love your photos! You must have gotten your parcel the same day I got mine :)
Probably and likely :))

Quote from: Reptilia on March 06, 2019, 11:30:01 PM
What a marvellous Edaphosaurus! The sculpt is fantastic and the paint scheme very striking, without going over the top. Easily in the best three figures of 2019.

Got a question though: is the plastic used by Collecta different than that used by Papo, Schleich and Safari? I have the feeling is less rubbery and more plasticky, if that makes any sense.

Yes and No. CollectA seems to be experimenting with different types of plastic the last few years. While the majority of their figure uses the same ind of plastic as the other brands, some of the later deluxe and supreme figures have a different kind of plastic. I'm not sure what the composition of this material, but it is lighter than the typical PVC plastic and have  slightly more mat feel to it compared to the smooth and glossy feel of the typical PVC.
It is not rubbery like Bullyland, but almost a light. It is as strong as the typical PVC.

This material I think works well with figures that are smaller and slender and have lots of delicate details. This can be seen in the last few deluxe theropods. I think this material really captures these delicate details more so than the typical PVC material, so it really makes a huge difference in how much fine detailing are retained once it goes on mass production. It also allows less exaggerated details.
For large and bulky figures such as sauropods, the marine reptiles, and ceratopsians, the typical PVC material is used.
Hope these makes sense ;D

SBell

I always love your photos! You must have gotten your parcel the same day I got mine :)

I asked on avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres thread and I'll ask you too B @Bokisaurus, where did you order from to already have these?!

Bokisaurus

Quote from: SBell on March 12, 2019, 12:45:33 AM

Ah, minizoo have the first wave already.
Good price and fast shipping as well.😃

I asked on avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres thread and I'll ask you too B @Bokisaurus, where did you order from to already have these?!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you for sharing you recent additions to your outstanding collection, it is nice to see all the CollectA figures, I eagerly anticipate most of them.

If only the Carnotaurus didn't have those silly spikes along it's back I would've liked it more than the Safari figure, but as it is, I prefer solid legs over spikes.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx I agree with you, for me my favorite carnotaurus is Safari 2019 by far although I like other versions.

Bokisaurus

Wow, times got so fast! I hav't realized how much back up I am with recent addition alone ;D
So here we go, some interesting figures....Enjoy :))

Well, as you all know I am not much of a fan of articulated figures, just not my thing. So when I saw these two lines of figures, I was mostly blah about them.
However, there was something fascinating about them that I decided that if I ever come across some that are cheap, then maybe I would consider getting some of them, if nothing else, just as a sample of the line to add to my collection.
Well, opportunity did come, and I was able to snag these guys for less than $30 free shipping :D

First up is the TAKARA TOMY figures. They are most known for smaller figures, but these guys are pretty good size. The species selection are nothing exciting, just your typical bread and butter species, however, I was fascinated by the Mosasaur. It seems like I'm on a mosasaur binge right now! ^-^
The first one I got was a pack of 3 figures, a T rex, raptor, and of course the reason I got it, the mosasaur.
[]
I really like the mosasaur, interesting tail fluke. The other figure, I really don't get the whole articulation appeal of these figures. They are bad, the joints have a ball that is so visible it look like a boil or something ^-^
At least the mosasaur don't have the same ball and looks pretty nice.
Here are the other figures from the series pictured on the back of the box
[]

Next is a single mosasaur JP figure, also from TAKARA. I have been wanting this figure, but it always cost so much, but eventually I found this for a very cheap price.
This is much better than the other one and I really like it. It's a nice pair to the other just to compare the different tail fluke versions.
[]
As you can see, the mouth is also articulated so you can have it open or closed. Here are the two mosasaur together
[]

Now, this next pair is from a series called Primal Clash. I honestly don't know much a bout these figures or series, but seems to be based on a game? Not sure. There are other species in the series, none of which interested me. The only two that is of interest to me are the Sabertooth and Titanis.
They come with humans and battle gear which, thankfully, can be taken off.
[]

Not too bad for articulated action figures  ;D as extreme as they are. I really like them without their humans and battle gear.
[]
Overall, interesting figures, worth adding to my collection. I did keep the humans and battle gear ;D

I also found this guy! OMG, an action figure with dinosaur toys!!! I love it! :D
Not too familiar with the show, but its cool to have a human ( adult) figure of a dinosaur toy collector ;D He comes with a red rex and a blue stego  ;D So worth adding to a collection!
[]

Lastly, um, did I already mention being on a Mosasaur binge? ;D
Finally got this big bad boy last month. I decided not to take it out of the box since its going to be too big! ;D
[]

Thats it for now! I know I have so much more to catch up with :)) Thanks for stopping by, till the next post, Cheers! :)

suspsy

The Titanis looks silly with those T. rex arms and legs, but that Smilodon looks killer!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Libraraptor

A figure of a person that collects figures.  That is strange.

Faelrin

Congrats on the new arrivals (especially the Mosa, which at least looks excellent even in the box though). I'm really considering buying the whole lot of those Primal Clash figures, but I have other priorities of course.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Roselaar

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 20, 2019, 09:21:26 PM
A figure of a person that collects figures.  That is strange.

I love it! I'm kinda done collecting other figures than dinosaurs (due to serious space issues), but for this I might make an exception. :)

stegosauria

The Firefly is a space western series and concentrates around the crew of a spaceship (the crew is more like smugglers like Han Solo) but unfortunately got canceled after the first season- it's a really cool series so I don't know why (a few years later they made a film, Serenity, to provide a closing for the fans). This character is the pilot of the spaceship. I saw this series years ago but still I don't know why I don't remember that he collected dinosaur figures (probably I didn't see any interesting figures). In any case the tiny dino figures are nice additions to the human figure.

Bokisaurus

Well with the demise of Bullyland, I figured now is a good time to post some of the figures in my collection. I originally held off since I still need to dig up the dinosaurs, but it can wait.
For me, Bullylan's strongest appeal is not in their dinosaur figures, although there are some good ones, but in their other non-dinosaur figures such as the prehistoric mammals and Triassic/Permian animals.
Their prehistoric mammal line is one of the pioneers and also one of the biggest, perhaps second only to Starlux.
They and Safari were the dominant brand in the 1990.

So lets take a look at the mammals, plus the lone bird ;D

[]

A new updated version of these the Smilodon and Eusmilus were later released, around the same time they re-released some of the originals from retirement. Unfortunately, it was very short lived, but it offered Collectors an opportunity to get some of them.
[]

Years ago, a fellow collector from France gave me this unpainted figure as a gift :) Its not a glow-in-the-dark figure, but really an unpainted version. Not sure if some were released as a paint it yourself figures or if this was just an extra unpainted one.

The group
[]

And now, perhaps one of the most exciting and interesting collection of species from he permian and Triassic. This is where Bullyland really shines, and they have the most divers collection ever assembled, many obscure and not represented in other brands.
[]
[]

marine invertebrates and ichthyosaur . I can't find the plesiosaurus right now.
[]

And this one :)
[]

When I find them, I will add some of the dinosaur figures.
It really is sad to see one of the pioneers go extinct. So hopefully, this is a great way to pay tribute to one of the most interesting line of prehistoric figures!
Cheers! ;D

RobinGoodfellow

Your Bully' parade is simply wonderful  8)

Now Bullyland is gone and it's sad... but it's true that Bully' figures from 2016 to 2018 were just so and so..
Bullyland' glory is in the past (like you said).
Sad but true.

Again congratulations for your collection  ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: