News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on December 01, 2020, 09:19:36 PM
Congrats and lovely Photos as usual :)

QuoteYes, its much smaller, but I don't really care, after all not every animal grew to its full size, and this was clearly based not he actual fossil finds size.

Exactly. I like the smaller size, too. Moreover, i think the same about growth/size. I never understood "They are slightly out of scale. The Figure needs to be 1cm longer.." e.g. (This is not an actual quote of course.)

Looking forward to your next aquisitions and Photos!
Thanks! Yes, I'm with you on all the nitpicking about this figure 😀
It really is an amazing figure!

A little bit of a dry spell right now until the next PNSO delivery 😂

Appalachiosaurus

Bokisaurus

Here we have the first PVC figures from Vitae. I regretted not getting them when they first came out a few years back. Difficulty acquiring them and the cost of each figures and shipping had made it low on my priority list. Then, they were out of production for a while. But I do love these figures, so when they got re-released I seriously considered getting them. Unfortunately the new batch were less impressive than the first runs, in particular the paint and colors are so far below the original ones.
The paint scheme on the figures are plain with hardly any designs or patterns which is very sad especially for such nice models. I finally bit the bullet and got the 6 pack including the Giga that was being advertised for $60 despite these lower grade quality.

I don't have any from the original production run so I can't compare in person, but seeing photos, its stunning how much difference there is between these two batches. Still, I'm happy I got them. It just proves again that if you really like a figure, its best to get them during their initial production run since the quality really deteriorate on later runs.
[]

I love when a collection set features regional specific species, its a fun group and they are to scale ( I think) with each other. As much as I wish they are better colored, I won't be repainting them. I usually only repaint duplicates.
The 6th figure in the set I got was the Giga which was not really part of this group and is much larger than them. It's much bigger than I thought!
The color is more vibrant than the smaller figures, not so bad, but very cheap looking and the jaw articulation is not well executed. It almost looks like a knock-off but its not, its just a recent lower grade production run and is much cheaper than the original version.
[]

Bonus:
So, now we know what inspired the facial design for this PNSO oddball ;D
[]

Leyster

Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 19, 2020, 11:26:19 PM
Here we have the first PVC figures from Vitae. I regretted not getting them when they first came out a few years back. Difficulty acquiring them and the cost of each figures and shipping had made it low on my priority list. Then, they were out of production for a while. But I do love these figures, so when they got re-released I seriously considered getting them. Unfortunately the new batch were less impressive than the first runs, in particular the paint and colors are so far below the original ones.
The paint scheme on the figures are plain with hardly any designs or patterns which is very sad especially for such nice models. I finally bit the bullet and got the 6 pack including the Giga that was being advertised for $60 despite these lower grade quality.

I don't have any from the original production run so I can't compare in person, but seeing photos, its stunning how much difference there is between these two batches. Still, I'm happy I got them. It just proves again that if you really like a figure, its best to get them during their initial production run since the quality really deteriorate on later runs.
[]

I love when a collection set features regional specific species, its a fun group and they are to scale ( I think) with each other. As much as I wish they are better colored, I won't be repainting them. I usually only repaint duplicates.
The 6th figure in the set I got was the Giga which was not really part of this group and is much larger than them. It's much bigger than I thought!
The color is more vibrant than the smaller figures, not so bad, but very cheap looking and the jaw articulation is not well executed. It almost looks like a knock-off but its not, its just a recent lower grade production run and is much cheaper than the original version.
[]

Bonus:
So, now we know what inspired the facial design for this PNSO oddball ;D
[]
The modes you got probably represent what will be know now as the cheap version: see a comparison of the three Jinyunpelta versions. https://www.paleo-nerd.com/news/vitae-jinyunpelta-galleria-fotografica/
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Faelrin

Thanks for showing how all of these look. I suppose I wouldn't have issues with a cheaper/less paint detail option so long as more detailed alternatives/originals are offered alongside them for those that can afford them.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new acquisitions, although the figures shown by Vitae, with respect to their originals, at least in painting are light years away. Nice collection.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Interesri g to see what the cheaper ones look like but as L @Leyster says you can still get the better ones for a higher price. Though I do think even that is not as good. The Sinraptor I bought last December/this January 2020 doesn't look as good as the originals I saw kn this forum, though better than the cheap one here. The Zhejiangosaurus doesn't look much different anyway though.
The Atopodentatus face does look a little like Ashoka's leku lol
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Kapitaenosavrvs

Congrats on these Figures :)
I really can't say why, but none of the existing Vitae Figures get to my heart. I sometimes wanted to order the Chilantaisaurus and the Zhejiangosaurus ( Oh Boy. ), but in the end i just.. i do not like em. But i am happy for all the Vitae fans, that get new Figures now. And rereleases.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on December 21, 2020, 12:28:10 AM
Congrats on these Figures :)
I really can't say why, but none of the existing Vitae Figures get to my heart. I sometimes wanted to order the Chilantaisaurus and the Zhejiangosaurus ( Oh Boy. ), but in the end i just.. i do not like em. But i am happy for all the Vitae fans, that get new Figures now. And rereleases.

I hear ya, I like the figures but not enough to pay the $25 price😂
I ended buying them since they are all pretty much new species to add to my collection.

Bokisaurus

Two early Christmas surprised just arrived! They came fast, two weeks! I have to say I am very impressed but these two figures.
The details are just amazing and the colors are vibrant - very close, if not, more vibrant than the box art.
The Miragaia is very unusual, still hard to get used to this new look  ;D It looks like a stegosaurus and sauropod hybrid  ;D The back plate and spikes ar made of softer material so they are not as pointy as the other models.
[]

Sinoceratops is nice and is about the same size as the Spinops. The colors are also very nice, subtle yet vibrant, it retails all of the box art colors, and may actually look more colorful in person than the promo pics.
Oddly, they gave the head a gloss so its a little shinier than the rest. As you can see, the body is full of scales details, this is especially true when you compare it to the Spinops.
[]

Little girl is all grown up! :-*
[]

ceratopsian

Such beauties!  And lovely photos. I especially like the one with the heads shot of Sinoceratops facing Spinops.

Halichoeres

What a nice surprise! Imagine my envy.  ;D The PNSOs look great. I'm a little startled by the Vitae figures, but thanks for showing them. Maybe in the future others will be less caught off guard.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

Glad to see these two arrive soon and safely for you. Love the comparison pics as usual.

I also saw in the acquisitions thread that your Pachyrhinosaurus may be lost. I really hope that will not be the case.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Libraraptor

Bread

Love the comparisons! Definitely makes me consider getting the Miragaia even more now. Also, 2 weeks seems rather fast for shipping, was this an Aliexpress shipment?

Stegotyranno420

Sorry to bother you B @Bokisaurus but can you do some comparison photos with that vitae cheap giganotosaurus and the papo 2019 Spinosaurus?

Bokisaurus

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I was very surprised when they showed up so soon especially when the two ceratopsians way before still is in transit limbo.
I fear that my pachyrhino is now lost  :(

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor -yeah, strange indeed and still hard to get use to this new look ^-^
avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow  -  right back at yah :D
avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno - maybe after the holiday, I'm busy at the moment until after Christmas, but definitely will try to get that for you.
avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin - I'm now pretty convinced that the pachyrhino is lost  :( Its been more than a month now, Ordered it Nov. 2, and when it landed in the USA, somehow the tracking went dark, no more updates :-\

Leyster

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 23, 2020, 06:55:40 PM
I'm a little startled by the Vitae figures, but thanks for showing them. Maybe in the future others will be less caught off guard.
avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres , there is nothing to be "caught off-guard", those are cleary the cheap versions that are meant to be sold for a very low price (so you pay for what you get). If some scalper sells them for the price of the regular figures... well, that's not Vitae's fault. I saw the new run and they're nothing less than impressive.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Shonisaurus

B @Bokisaurus My congratulations on your new acquisitions, they are exceptional. Thanks for sharing that miragaia and sinoceratops. I am tempted to buy them. Have a merry Christmas and may you be as happy as I am in these lovely holidays.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: