News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrimevalRaptor

Those new PNSO's are astonishing, love the skull coloration on the Sinoceratops but that Miragaia is my favorite, it's a really elegant figure and the new reconstruction is really cool. Great work on the photos!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

It's good to see that Miragaia next to the Carnegie figure, I'm glad to see that it is smaller. And both are beautiful. I'm not sure I want to wait until April to get it though.
The Sinoceratops looks like they took the Fallen Kingdom one as base and then made an accurate version of it.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Bokisaurus

What a wonderful day after Christmas! ;D I woke up and found 3 packages, one which I feared was lost after almost 2 months and tracking going dark after reaching the USA!
First up is this Rebor Grab n Go Rex, I didn't intend to get it, but found a really cheap price for it I decided to go for it. Well, Not really impressed by it unfortunately. First, it looks so far off from any promo pic, especially the colors. And it won't stand stable even with the rod, there is actually a board behind it that keeps it up just for the photo op. And the belly is so shrunken it looks starved! Oh well.
[]

And this one, the one that went for a long walkabout for almost 2 months! I'm so happy it arrived safely! I love this figure, my favorite and IMHO, the best version there is. Not many photos since I am saving most for my review of it, so stay tuned.
[]

And finally, ready for it? ;D
The new PNSO Wilson v3 has arrived! I love this figure so much, it is my favorite rex now. I don't really understand what the whole criticism this has received . Its not perfect, sure, but is there really one that is? I just love everything about this figure, it looks the most realistic of all the figures I own and the least contrived looking. I have absolutely no issues with the size of the scales or the lips. The scales maybe oversized, but not like some other figures. The detailing is just amazing really. It has to be seen in person to really appreciate it.
Sorry, no comparison to any of the feathered ones since they are all stored away and I don't feel like looking for them right now.
And for those who was quick to complain about the rod, the figure is so stable without it. I really think it was included more as a support since the figure is heavy, more like to help keep off the weigh on the legs since in time it could start taking its toll ( Like the Safari feathered rex I have who's feet is now sliding towards the front)

The colors are subdued but true to the promo pics and very pleasing and natural looking. I also love how the jaw is articulated since I like the closed mouth look which I think goes well with the pose.
My only complain? I wish they called him Aaron instead of Wilson, it would have been more appropriate with the baby one. ^-^
[]

With the old (literally ) version ;D
Wow, never really realized how scary ugly the first one looks until now :D Old one is taller due to the difference in pose.
[]
and with Rebor G&G :-\
[]

And with PNSO ceratopsians and Spino
[]

There ya have it, cheers! :))

Bread

Lovely photos B @Bokisaurus! I have to agree about the criticisms of this rex. I feel like it is due to the amount of outdated Tyrannosaurus toys/models we have already, that people want one that is fully updated with little to no inaccuracies. I do understand the want and desire but this figure has done the best so far. As far as that Rebor rex goes, PNSO's outshines it.
Sad to hear about the long wait for the Pachyrhinosaurus, hopefully my rex will not face that issue, but so far shipment tracking shows it to arrive this week.

SidB

Stunning photo gallery B @Bokisaurus . I toyed with the idea of getting the Rebor one, but I don't see the need now and your comparison simply re-enforces this decision. I have the V. 3 Wilson and this new one seems to both complement and contrast with the older Wilson. The "ugliness" of the earlier Wilson is okay with me, it doesn't put me off. A casual walk outside reveals  a remarkable cross-section of humanity, We are not all creatures of ethereal beauty, so versions 1-3 simply represent one polarity of possibilities. I'll display them in close proximity. One will look cooler by virtue of the other.
I too think that a new name would have been in order. Also, I'm looking forward to your Pachyrhinosaurus review. Hope that it's soon.

ceratopsian

How wonderful to hear that your package was not lost after all!  I look forward to your review.

The old Wilson is indeed a bit of an ugly critter. But I don't hold it against him. He's a reminder of the collecting excitements of past years, and how things change. Mine will still have a home.

PrimevalRaptor

Some really great new shots, I'm glad you finally got that package!
The new Wilson really is incredible, in terms of scaly T.rex models this is probably as good as you can get, love the heft it has, not as starved as the Grab n Go one.

Halichoeres

Great photos, thanks! Very helpful. I think I'll skip the new Wilson but it definitely represents progress compared to the previous iteration.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

Thanks everyone!  And happy new year's to all of you!
Wishing you all a safe a wonderful celebration! See you next year!❤️😃

S @SidB and avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian  😂 I swear you both read a portion of my draft review of this figure!😂 I talked about both the very same point that you guys brought up🤣 in one section of it!

Yeah, against my better judgment, I raised my hand to review this figure.
It's always challenging reviewing a polarizing figure😂

Bokisaurus

Well, the last of my 2020 PNSO order finally arrived, the beautiful Machairoceratops!
It's a beautiful model for sure like the other two before it. It is however the smallest of the trio of new ones. I like it a lot and will be reviewing it for the blog sometime soon after I get caught up ;D Since I'm sure everyone is curious, yes, the colors are nice and match up pretty well with the promo, in fact it looks more vibrant in person. PNSO colors. have so much nuances in hues that is very hard to capture in photos.
That said, I will be reserving more photos of it for the review, but here it is at last, enjoy!

[]

With the other ceratopsians from the same series
[]
As you can see, the Spinops looks out of place due to the difference in sculpting details, but still fits in with the herd.

And lastly, since I'm sure its another source of curiosity, the colors and patter does have similarities with the Miragaia, but still different. It's like comparing the similarities between a Jaguar and a leopard; similar yet different is all I have to say... for now. ;D
[]

Cheers! :D

ceratopsian

Ah Boki, I always feel a little stab of delight when I see that your thread has been updated!  The "ceratopsian" in me is looking forward to seeing this one joining my herd eventually.

Dusty Wren

Thanks for the photos of the Machairoceratops! It's such a good looking figure. I ordered one back at the end of November, and it still hasn't arrived :-\ I'm starting to get worried that it's lost in the mail.
Check out my customs thread!

Libraraptor

suspsy

Wow, the Machairoceratops really is significantly smaller than the others. Not that I'm complaining. It looks killer!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Thank you for your comments and for your magnificent photographs that reflect and spread your enthusiasm and your positive sense of life. Honestly the machairoceratops looks very fierce. Small but bully.

Halichoeres

Glad to see the Machairoceratops is a little on the smaller side, it'll fit better with my existing herd of ceratopsians. Great photos as always!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Btw B @Bokisaurus  can you also throw winter wilson in the comparision pics?

Bokisaurus

My birthday gift to myself arrived exactly on my birthday! ^-^
AMAZING!It's huge and fits really well with all the 1:20 scale mammal figures. WOW! I will reserve more pictures as well as my comments for my review of this figure.
[]

Stegotyranno420

Happy Birthday Boki! You are my favorite reviewer, and I always like talking with you. Later today, im going to make a drawing of your favorite dinosaur(amargasaurus if im not mistaken) as a gift. So once again, Happy Birthday, and thanks for being a great friend.  :) :) :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: