News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

I'm glad you got them!  It's interesting to see what they look like before any paint goes on, as I never see them in that condition.

Halichoeres

Wow, those are minuscule. Very cute, but yeah, would certainly be a challenge to paint.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

Thanks avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian and avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres - yes, they are interesting little figures especially the ones made with translucent material, almost looks like ice so I thinkI will leave it unpainted.
Yes, its been a challenge indeed painting them, I have to slithy modify a design I was not happy with before I can all the pain finish.

DinoToyCollector

Ohhhh, it's interesting to see them unpainted. I am very fond of the translucent ones. These look very classy. Thank you for your support on these and I am glad you like them B @Bokisaurus  :)

Bokisaurus

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on February 15, 2021, 08:37:07 AM
Ohhhh, it's interesting to see them unpainted. I am very fond of the translucent ones. These look very classy. Thank you for your support on these and I am glad you like them B @Bokisaurus  :)
avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector they are awesome unpainted, and surprisingly retained a lot of details despite the small size.
I was able to paint two, need to fix a few areas before I will post pictures of them🤣

Bokisaurus

So, here are some in hand photos of some of CollectA's new figures for 2021 ;)
They are absolutely awesome figures, hard to believe they were able to pull off putting out so many figures despite the chaos due to the pandemic!
I have to say that each one really surpassed my expectations and I was really amazed and impressed by the level of details especially on the small figures, they really packed a lot!
I'm reviewing a few of them for the blog so for those figures I will keep my comments and photos to a minimum and save them for the reviews.

Mamenchisaurus - This figure is the one I was really excited about and immediately signed up to review it! It's amazing! It is the largest sauropod from CollectA in a really long time, bigger than the Amarga which was the last big one an third after the Brachiosaurus and Nigersaurus deluxe. The head looks bigger than it is due to the angle and how far it sticks out closer to the camera.
[]

Doedicurus - An absolute gem! I was blown away by the level of details on this figure!The way the individual hair was sculpted and brought out by dry=brushing is exquisite especially if you look under. It really looks alive when you see it in person and definitely the BEST figure of it out there and ranks as one of the top prehistoric mammals figures.
[]

Megalosaurus - This one I ended up really liking a lot more than I thought. It is small but full of details and personality. The closed mouth and unusual pose really makes it so unique among theropod figures. Something about its expression almost exudes mammalian personality, very puppy-like. The mouth is closed but if you look really close you can see very small teeth individually sculpted just under the lip! This is quickly becoming one of my favorite, I can almost guarantee that when you see it in person and after looking at it for a while that you will fall for its charms :D
[]

Kamuysaurus - Another highly anticipated figure that did not disappoint! Very dainty looking with lots of delicate and subtle details. The colors are much more subdued in person than what you see on promo pics. This is another figure I am reviewing so comments will be short.
[]

Neovenator - Now this is something so different from any previous interpretation. The heavy iguana-inspired look really makes it stands out. Its a cool little figure and very colorful ! ;D Its also full of personality, very inquisitive!
[]

Dead Brontosaurus - Now, to complete the death of four iconic dinosaurs! We have now officially have a corpse of Stegosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, and Brontosaurus! Who would have thought, eh? It not for everyone due to the graphic nature, but then nature is not all rosy and happy. Sometimes its good to show the truth about the sometimes violent death animals face in the wild, be it predator or prey. Overall, I like the series and happy to see it revived.
The details is amazing and really drives home the violent death this poor animal may have suffered. If you turn it around, you can see the amazing level of details on the underside including the folded skin and muscles. NOT for the faint of heart for sure.
[]

Elasmosaurus - An iconic marine reptile that joins the impressive collection from CollectA! This is another figure that I have signed up for to review so minimum comments and photos  ;D
It's one of the most graceful marine reptile I have ever seen in toy form. The level of details is amazing especially on the tiny head considering how small it it! The colors and patterns are beautiful and very cleanly painted with no messy areas even those super tiny teeth and eyes!
[]

Last but definitely not the least!
Pteranodon Deluxe - This is one impressive pteranodon figure! Like all the pterosaurs in this series, it is huge and full of details big and small! The articulation is also good and it looks like is getting better and better. It's hard to capture many of the details on the head  but they are simply amazing. The colors and are great and once again immaculately painted. I love this figure and displays nicely with the others from the series. It dwarfs the Safari version for sure and the head sculpt is so much more interesting and details.
[]

The group of small figures together
[]
I am very impressed with this group and I can't wait to see the last three figures still out there! CollectA have done a great job in producing these exciting figures despite all of the challenges. The level of details just keeps on getting better and better and I'm happy that they keep on producing interesting and obscure species.

So, many of you may be wondering how I got these figures already, good question ;D
A fellow reviewer got me in touch with CollectA and they contacted me. They knew and heard of me (Bokisaurus) but didn't know how to contact me. They were so generous and sent me a review box. I was only expecting the mamenchisaurus since that was what I signed up for, but I was speechless when I opened the box and saw what was inside!
I am very flattered that they felt it worth sending me all of these items and very very grateful for their generosity to their fans. I never thought I would one day get a review box since I'm not a YopuTuber reviewer with thousands of followers. It just shows how CollectA value their fans and t heir feedback and reviews, be it famous Youtuber or blog like we have.
Just to be clear, I never solicited any of this, it was purely due to the generosity of CollectA and a fellow reviewer which I am forever grateful!
Cheers! Stay safe and healthy!
Boki ;)

Dusty Wren

Oh, Boki, that is so cool! How does it feel to be a sought-after dino toy reviewer? :))

Thanks for posting all these pics. I'm definitely picking up that Kamuysaurus and Doedicurus, and I think the Mamenchisaurus, too. Gotta say, I'm not squeamish usually, but looking at the shoulder on the dead Bronto makes me deeply uncomfortable. Which I guess means they did a really good job sculpting it.   
Check out my customs thread!

Stegotyranno420

Sorry to disturb you or bother you B @Bokisaurus
But you know how I asked the comparison photo of the Papo 2019 SPino, the vitae cheap giga, the pnso Tyrannosaurus 2020? Can you add the Mamenchisaurus to the comparison photo
Sorry if I'm bothering you, you don't have to, I was asking if you are fine with doing so, I don't want to cause any trouble.

Mattyonyx

B @Bokisaurus So glad you received a review box!
Just one question: can I share some of the CollectA pictures on Paleo-Nerd? with Credits, obviously.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Mattyonyx @Mattyonyx Sorry to annoy, but i believe its like against the rules if you quote all those pictures and text, maybe use a @ instead.

edit:you fixed it so its now good

ceratopsian

I enjoyed this preview very much Boki.  I'm excited for the Mamenchisaurus and Kamuysaurus especially.

I'm glad your reviewing work has had recognition by CollectA - that's very handsome of them.  Always good to hear of firm's appreciating those who support their products.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you for posting these, and thank CollectA for being so generous. Its nice to see them in hand
The Pteranodon is gorgeous but seeing it next to the Safari one I see I will have to pass. That is just way too big.
Will he getting the rest though. Good to see the size of them. The Glyptodon looks much nicer than the old Safari. The Mamenchisaurus is gorgeous too, and the little Kamuysaurus, Neovenator and Megalosaurus also look beautiful.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Faelrin

Congrats on getting all these, and thanks are due to CollectA for sending them to you. I really love seeing that Mamenchisaurus next to the Brontosaurus. Now I'm just curious how their Diplodocus from last year will look alongside them both.

I'm very much looking forward to any reviews of these you may do as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

PrimevalRaptor

Wow, really great that CollectA sent you those, congrats!
They all look really great, your photos really bring out the detail. Looking forward to your reviews! :D

Arctinus

Quote from: Bokisaurus on February 25, 2021, 05:40:15 PM
So, here are some in hand photos of some of CollectA's new figures for 2021 ;)

Wow, the figures look really amazing.  :)) I'll definitely put the mamenchisaurus, doedicurus and elasmosaurus on my wishlist.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

Thanks guys😃 now I need to get working on writing those reviews 🤣
I'm really looking forward to the last three figures!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Congratutalions! You absolutely earned it! They look fantastic.

I can't wait for your Reviews. CollectA and PNSO just crushed the Prehistoric Animalfigure World this time. (Except Neovenator. It is just not for me. (edited))

Shonisaurus

B @Bokisaurus My congratulations on your new acquisitions. You are a justly fortunate person, as you have been awarded by your colleagues and by the Collecta brand for your excellent reviews. Honestly, the figures that I like the most are the doedicurus, pteranodon, corpse apatosaurus and mamenchisaurus. I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to read your reviews on DTF and see your reviews on you tube.

AcroSauroTaurus

Wow :o, CollectA actually sent you figures... lucky. All jealousy aside, the figures look great!(Although I'm still not too fond of the Neovenator, but at least the Megalosaurus looks better in person.)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: