News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 03, 2021, 05:45:28 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on May 03, 2021, 05:29:24 PM
avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia neat! What are the ornithopod and what I assume is an Eryops on the bottom left from?
The bottom left is not an Ornithopod. It is the PNSO mini Tianyulong
That's correct. The Eryops is a Kaiyodo Dinotales figure avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot

Shonisaurus

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia My congratulations, beautiful ceratopsid figures, my wish is that before June everthingdinosaur commercializes the kosmoceratops BoTM to receive it at my home are tariff expenses (fingers crossed)

Carnoking

Photo dump! Apologies, but I really didn't expect all of this to show up on the same day. (Post 1/3)

Here's the initial group. A fellow collector was looking to drop their collection, so I reached out and snagged some great prices on this lot.

First up, got a group of the new PNSO's I was initially none too eager to get at market price. Don't get me wrong, I think they all looked great, but it was either a price thing, a priority thing, or how they turned out looking in hand (looking at you, Machairoceratops). But I figured I'd snatch them up now and get caught up on PNSO releases, that is until they release two dozen more and the other three releases hit the market officially.

Next up, got some REBOR products. Again, stuff that I thought would be fun to own, but not at the prices they were usually going for. I gotta say though, I'm most excited for the rex carcass.

I think there's a lot of potential for toy photography with this one, so I'm very excited to have it as an accent piece. And this makes for a nice transition into the next group.

I could definitely take or leave most of W-Dragon's products, but again, I couldn't pass them up for the cheap price. I think the Giga looks great, if a little small, and the Spino is cool, but truth be told I think I'm still partial to Nanmu.

And speaking of Nanmu, the last bunch from this lot is the Indominus rex, Stegosaurus, and Ceratosaurus, which means I'm also caught up with my Nanmu purchases until the V-rex, Bull rex, and Baryonyx release (probably going to end up selling a bunch of my collection by then myself), but yeah. There was a mixup, I had asked for the JP3 version of the ceratosaurus, but glass half full, this was actually one of my harder decisions between Nanmu variants. The hardest was definitely with that Giga, but I went back and forth with the ceratosaurus duo as well. I guess this is a sign that I was meant to get the blue one from the start!

Carnoking

(Post 2/3) And of course, wave 2 of the BotM ceratopsians showed up at the same time.

Skipped the Avaceratops for the time being, but seeing in-hand photos of it has me regretting it. But as you can imagine, my productivity for the day went out the window the second all of this showed up.

Carnoking

(Post 3/3) And here is everything together.

Pretty good day, but all told, I think I need to be done with dinosaurs for a while. This might have been too much of a good thing.

Eocarcharia

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Wow! Look at all that stuff! That has to be one of the biggest and most spectacular hauls I've ever seen!

Faelrin

Congrats to you both avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia and avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus as well as avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking with that impressive haul. Some of the best I've seen yet from the sheer number.

I had a lot of mail arrive today as well from like four different places, and rather fast.

First up is all these Snap Squads obtained from the Dinosaur Park toy store website.

Next up is what really excited me. Both a lot of four Primal Rage figures that was won on ebay, consisting of Chaos, Talon, Sauron, and Vertigo, plus an Armadon from a separate seller. If I recall right got both of those on May 1st so these arrived super fast.

I haven't held these in my hands since I was like 4 years old and I'm almost 30 now. These are some of my earliest dinosaur toys, or at least those I have memories of. Man have I missed these. Despite all this time, they still felt familiar to me, when holding them, like I haven't forgotten how they looked and felt. Like I never lost them all those years ago to begin with. I nearly cried holding Talon again after all these years, who was and will always remain one of my utmost favorites.

I really need to track down Diablo (my childhood favorite other then Talon), Blizzard, and Slashfang and Necrosan from the canceled sequel (which there are videos out there on for the curious).

Lastly is this Aurora Tar Pit model kit (prepainted) that my dad got off ebay for pretty cheap. Next to my Safari Ltd Missing Links Woolly Rhino for size comparison.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking My congratulations on your new acquisitions. I am a luxury, how beautiful all the PNSO and BoTM figures! I'm glad for you. Enjoy them with all the health in the world.

AcroSauroTaurus

With my Kaiju and Monster Hunter collections on hiatus until new ones arrive, I finally got some more figures of the prehistoric kind...
Beasts of the Mesozoic Medusaceratops

Also finally found some new Jurassic World after months of the shelves being near empty/same old stuff.
Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous Snap Squad Spinosaurus

Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous Sinoceratops

Jurassic World Legacy Collection Dennis Nedry Getaway pack
I am the Dinosaur King!

Shonisaurus

avatar_AcroSauroTaurus @AcroSauroTaurus My congratulations on your two new acquisitions. That medusaceratops will make a very good pair with its kosmoceratops counterpart, on the other hand, the JW sinoceratops among other figures acquired by you, is a very well achieved figure although I am not a collector of those figures, they are all beautiful and extraordinary.

For my part I just received the Duna package related to the tyrannosaurus and brachiosaurus from UKRD I had to go to the collection point with my food shopping cart and now fortunately I have the two figures on my shelves, I pass you some photos, more photos in Shonisaurus collection.

sauroid

wow so many new cool stuff from you guys. and avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus it's nice that you are starting to post pics of your collection in the forum.
i recently got the REBOR GnG T. rex first variant. it isnt that bad looking.

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Libraraptor

Yeah, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus is posting pictures at last!

PrimevalRaptor

Congratulations on those two, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus ! I'm very fond of the UKRD dinosaurs since five of those were the ones that started my dinosaur craze back when I was still a toddler and I always really loved the Tyrannosaurus' color scheme.

Duna

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking that is the most impressive batch I've ever seen in the forum, the best of the best. Those Nanmus and Rebor are amazing and so the MB ceratopsians. If I were you I wouldn't have worked the rest of the day, neither, and even the next day. :D
avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin I love Snap Squads and I haven't any still because I know that if I buy one I won't stop til I have all. :D
avatar_AcroSauroTaurus @AcroSauroTaurus you have made a very good selecction of purchases, those are wonderful ones. I'm quite envious about the Nedry pack.
avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus It's my pleasure, I love you like those two figures. UKRD 1991 are fantastic hefty vintage figures to collect and were the dinosaurs we played with. Brachiosaurus has a nice Sibbick inspiration, it's one of my favourite figures of the collection.

Fembrogon

My congratulations to avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking and everyone else on your diverse and voluminous hauls - such wonderful variety we have available these days!

A couple of new prey animals companions arrived today for my JW predators. The Edmontosaurus and Callovosaurus might not be fully accurate, but I really like how naturalistically they're sculpted, in contrast to some of the other dinos which end up looking more cartoony.

Easy, now, girls... (wait, does Spino have a canon gender?)

Shonisaurus

avatar_sauroid @sauroid My congratulations on your new acquisition sincerely that tyrannosaurus REBOR GnG T. rex is not only not bad but it is very scientific and very well modeled, but due to the over-representation of that well-known figure I prefer to focus on other species of prehistoric animals. I will continue to publish more photos, I like to show my entire collection, that is, taking my security measures.

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor Thank you for your words, I will continue to publish photographs of my collection.

avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor Thank you for your words, it makes me remember my youth when I did not have so many bodily ailments hehe.

avatar_Duna @Duna  Thanks to you I got those two beauties, in my case they were not toy figures since in my case already at that time more than 31 years ago I was already an adult boy at that time and I had no age to play many years before .

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon My congratulations on your figures that hadrosaurid is one of my favorites and the callovosaurus is another very well made figure, in the same degree of genius as the BoTM figures.

Kapitaenosavrvs

A LOT of new Stuff here, wow. Congratulations to everyone :)

Especially to avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking (And avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin, there was also a lot of stuff). Thats like a whole collection, you ordered there :D

Today i got home from my first C19 Vaccination, and there was a small Bag from China, waiting for me at home yay.
The "unknown" Kronosaurus from AliExpress/Ebay. When i saw it the first time, i knew i need it, but the white one looked meh and the dark one had a wonky Head. Its the Eyes. They gave it these messed up yellow/orange Blobs in the lower Part of the Eye. But since i knew a few here will order it too, i waited and finally got it for 6 Euros :>

What a beauty (Finally ByeBye, Safari Kronosaurus). The first thing was to cover that godawful (sorry) Paint in the Eyes. Blacked them out like the white Version and glossed it. If youre not shure: buy it and do that. Its a new Figure then. At least to me. It wil get a Base, like other Marine Animals i have.

I have a few other new Figures, but i will show them when they are painted up. Can't wait :>

Have a Nice Weekend, Everyone.

PS: Ignore the white "Background" That was not supposed to be for "enhancement" :-D

Roselaar

Oof, thats one gorgeous Kronosaurus! :)

sauroid

no info on that Kronosaurus whatsoever? it looks cool btw. is it solid plastic?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Duna

Quote from: sauroid on May 06, 2021, 03:53:03 PM
no info on that Kronosaurus whatsoever? it looks cool btw. is it solid plastic?
It says hard plastic: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/1005001865773264.html

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: