News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Shonisaurus

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar My congratulations those Starlux figures are quite adorable. A truly quite coveted vintage collection for collectors in the 80s.

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor That andrewsarchus is a figure similar to other vintage andrewsarchus of then, beautiful photograph, I congratulate you but it is in black and white, how have you managed to publish the photograph in black and white?

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking I congratulate you on the good taste, honestly that Rebor tyrannosaurus is perhaps not as good as other figures made later by Rebor but it is a gigantic figure, the X-Plus albertosaurus is a vintage figure that represents that tyrannosauroid in a quite acceptable way.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin My congratulations, that WWD dinosaur is already a difficult figure to find in the toy market, be careful with the paint, that figure is very prone to constant abrasions and what is worse even taking care of it as I have taken care of it.

Last Thursday, April 15, I made a purchase in the Store of the Museum of Natural Sciences of Madrid and bought the Safari baryonyx, it's phenomenal! This work by Doug Watson represents without a doubt one of the best representations of that emblematic English carnivorous theropod in toy form and much larger than one can imagine.
The colors are quite realistic and the sculpture and texture is excellent. Of course, due to its tiny feet, it sometimes falls even if it is on bare floors and in totally smooth places, but not because it has stability problems. Ideal figure to collect. It is worth having bought it I pass you some photographs.

https://postimg.cc//gallery/cZqKcZz

Fembrogon

Congratulations avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus on obtaining the Safari Baryonyx; it really is a splendid figure, isn't it?

I had some more vintage goodies from eBay and Etsy arrive yesterday - I believe I now have at least one of each "species" of Marx now. The Nabisco minis were a bonus.

Now to figure out how to get the rock pieces to connect properly...

Faelrin

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Congrats on picking up that Baryonyx.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Congrats on getting all those Marx, etc figures. I just bought a brown Moscops on ebay last night. Can't wait to get it.

Nothing special but while out picking things up for someone on reddit, I picked up the blue and grey Sound Strike Triceratops (sort of reminiscent of the Battat Triceratops), and another Attack Pack Troodon (it sat there all week so may as well go for it this time), so I can either repaint the eyes on it or on my first one. Both from Target while the sale was still going on.

Edit: I also had my Nedry set arrive, that I pre-ordered, a few nights ago. I need to get pics of this up here in a bit.

Edit 2: A bit late but here are some pics finally.

Also managed to get and find the new Micro Collection figures at my closest Dollar Tree last night:

And a quick size comparison:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Thank you for your words. Congratulations on your new acquisitions of vintage prehistoric dinosaurs and animals by Marx and Nabisco among other figures, they are beautiful and countless years have passed.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Thank you for your words. My congratulations on all your new acquisitions.

Duna

I have received today PNSO Wyatt the Parasaurolophus and I'm speechless. It's the DEFINITE parasaurolophus figure and I'm very pleased to have the best figure of my favourite dinosaur. The detail of the tiny scales is amazing. No picture will reflect that, you have to get in your hands and you won't put it down again for a while.

Of course it will replace the Collecta parasaurolophus. Although it's a very nice and large figure, it's years away from this beauty. My Collecta has gone to my children, they are as happy as me today. :)

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Also congrats on your Parasaurolophus avatar_Duna @Duna

And what a beautiful lot of retro figures avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Carnoking

Big thanks to avatar_Loon @Loon for the super fast shipping on these two! The BotM Protoceratops was one of the most appealing sculpts to me, but easily my least favorite paint job by far. But it sure is a testament to the line if one of my least favorites can still delight me the way this one does.

Not to be outdone is the collectA megalosaurus. I actually did not have a single figure of this crucial species, so I'm glad this one was released. I think it turned out fantastic actually! I don't know why, but it puts me in mind of the old Battat line.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna My congratulations that PNSO parasaurolophus is much bigger than Collecta's! It is immense. Of course it far surpasses the Collecta version, her blue eyes give her a unique look apart from the detail of her sculpture and the beauty of the painting.

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Without a doubt that protocatops is the best finish of all the ones that I know, sorry that its paint colors are a bit flashy but they are still conservative, its paint touches are realistic, taking into account that the protoceratops could have lived In desert areas, an indispensable work for every collector of BoTM scientific creatures, although I will honestly buy the kosmoceratops in due course. The megalosaurus is without a doubt the best megalosaurus of its species. Collecta has also taken great care in that figure. My congratulations, beautiful photos.

ceratopsian

I'm impressed you got the Protoceratops to lie down, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking!  I think the joints on all my BotM ceratopsians are too stiff for such a posture.

Carnoking

I will say, the joints on mine are pretty loose, probably more so than any of the other ones I have. Honestly, they might be a little too loose for the figures own good, they have a hard time supporting the weight in certain positions

Halzk

I picked up a lot more things than usual, all beautiful acquisitions especially the Safari Deinonychus which I thought looked kinda weird when the first promo images came out. I must say, they didn't capture the beauty of this figure.

Also picked up one of my childhood book. Love the "illustrations" on it and I have a lot of good memories attached to this book and the fact that I have it back just fill me with joy.

The Lambeosaurinae trio from PNSO are such beauties. Elegant and strong at the same time. With their well-defined muscles, beautiful crests and the intricate details of their sculpts, I have nothing but praises for them, especially Wyatt the Parasaurolophus (I'm a bit biased because it's one of my all-time favorite dinosaur)

SidB

Halzk

Quote from: Duna on April 20, 2021, 09:16:52 PM
It's the DEFINITE parasaurolophus figure and I'm very pleased to have the best figure of my favourite dinosaur. The detail of the tiny scales is amazing. No picture will reflect that, you have to get in your hands and you won't put it down again for a while.

I 100% agree. This is the Parasaurolophus I've been waiting all this time. Might be my favorite figure of 2021 yet. And yes the details on this is just off the chart.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

Congrats on the most excellent hauls avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking and avatar_Halzk @Halzk. Edit: Also congrats to avatar_Duna @Duna for picking up that most beautiful PNSO Parasaurolophus. Appreciate seeing it alongside the CollectA one.

I received the Marx Moschops today. Officially now the oldest figure in my collection, dethroning the Invicta Woolly Mammoth that had a good run for over a year. Amazing how well this little cutie holds up too. Now I'm tempted to get more of those Marx figures. My dad also really appreciated seeing and getting to hold this little one again as well. Made him real nostalgic and happy. Honestly I can really thank him for telling me about it, with this forum secondarily.

With the prior oldest figure in my collection, and interestingly enough almost feel of the same material:

Also sorry avatar_Loon @Loon I may have stolen taken some inspiration from your idea with the trays (it is a most brilliant idea however, and an amazingly cheap alternative to other options out there). That reminds me I really need to update my collection thread at some point because I've moved things around, but perhaps it should wait until I get the new 36 inch long wall shelf I got put up first. Anyways here is my Paleozoic shelf for the meantime (cannot wait until my Favorite mini set, etc arrives). Also please ignore my Bothriolepis at the moment, lol. It's fin popped off while I moved it around and I forgot to put it back in.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

avatar_Halzk @Halzk Nice acquisitions of figures. My congratulations.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin I am honestly very happy for your purchase. Without a doubt, this moschops is the best that exists today in the toy dinosaur market.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

My new acquisitions courtesy of Everything Dinosaur (and the 3rd Mary Anning coin), I also included the Megalosaurus coin from last year in the image so it's next to the new Megalosaurus figure.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia My congratulations on your new acquisition, the archelon from Favorite is from my point of view the only acceptable one on the market in terms of size apart from very good quality.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx My congratulations on your acquisition, the mamenchisaurus is immense compared to the kamuysaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: