News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

Quote from: Crackington on May 09, 2021, 03:48:51 PM
Yes I did a bit of research on here before bidding (I'm in awe of the Forum's collective wisdom 👍) and as far as I could see it's been referred to as Unitatherium.
Not sure at all about accuracy, but it's a nice looking 1980s figure and a cut above Jaru's usual fare.
That uintatherium is a very good figure from Jaru, I have one but I'm missing the macrauchaenia that is very nice, too. Those solid colored plastic are quite rare, I have only seen the painted ones.

I got a WWD Toyway Iguanodon with a lot of wear (I have already the complete collection but I couldn't leave such a wonderful figure to the trash) but I decided a different thing ... I always loved the coloration of the "American iguanodon" from the series, so I decided to repaint it to look like that. I understand perfectly that Toyway went for the "European" coloration, which is a hundred times easier to paint. It has been quite difficult as I'm not an expert in painting, so I made some mistakes and corrected them.

With its mate from the series:

With its travelling partner from the series:

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That repainted Iguanodon is beautiful.
I recently rewatched that series and that is a very faithful restoration
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Bread

Lovely repaint! Congratulations on the pickup as well. Would love to see those colors on Safari's or CollectA's Iguanodon.

Crackington

Yes agree, what a lovely paint job avatar_Duna @Duna  - looks like a new figure and exactly like the series 👍.

The blue Uintatherium is also a hand-painted figure and not by the company. The guy I bought the job-lot off is a minature gamer enthusiast and bought the Jaru figures a while ago for a science fiction game. He thought the Uintatherium and the Macrauchenia made good alien beasts for the game and so painted a couple of them!

By the way I've actually now got some spares of each so will resurrect my old trade thread soon.

sauroid

thats a great repaint of the WWD Iguanodon looks even better than the original. (it sort of resembles the old CollectA Iguanodon painjob)
anyway one of my recents is this PNSO Euhelopus

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Eocarcharia

avatar_Duna @Duna That looks fantastic! Great job!

avatar_sauroid @sauroid Nice! That's a truly impressive figure.

EmperorDinobot

Fembrogon

I made another surprising catch on eBay - surprising because no one else bid on this set, so I won these three Invictas for less than $40 after shipping. I already have Brachiosaurus and Diplodocus (albeit in storage right now), but the Plesiosaurus is brand new for me; it's scuffed around the face, but otherwise looks great.

Another item arrived today, which, while not a toy, is certainly toy-related:

With as much as I've been eating up vintage toys lately, I thought I'd go ahead and get myself some reference literature on the subject. I haven't had a chance to poke through it much yet, but it looks to be a worthwhile read!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I used to play with the Invicta Plesiosaurus in the bath as a kid. Nice times.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

BlueKrono

Nice catch on the dinosaur playsets book. It's truly a labor of love.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Eocarcharia

Picked up the Nedry Set from my local Target yesterday. Started cutting into the ties before taking the picture.

EmperorDinobot

It'd love to look inside that book avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon

Fembrogon

There are some photos by J @japfeif directly in one of his threads for the book. I don't want to steal too much of his thunder.  ;)
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8668.0

japfeif

Quote from: BlueKrono on May 11, 2021, 03:02:36 AM
Nice catch on the dinosaur playsets book. It's truly a labor of love.

Thanks so much for the kind words on the book!!!! So appreciate the support!    ^-^  ^-^

japfeif

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on May 11, 2021, 05:59:48 PM
It'd love to look inside that book avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon

Just a reminder for anyone interested wanting a reference to the vintage Marx & MPC (and copies!) playsets...I still have a few books still listed for sale on eBay & thru Amazon!!!

Thanks guys!
Jeff

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna  my congratulations that iguanodon is improved and reminds me of old times. Nice repainting!

avatar_sauroid @sauroid  My congratulations, that PNSO figure is one of my favorites, although it is very large in my collection.

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot Magnificent ceratopsid figures from BoTM that einosaurus makes a great group with other toy figures of its kind. Nice pose and funny posture of that as I call it ceratopsid bison.

Congratulations avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  is an impressive find considering that Invicta dinosaurs have prices that are impossible on the eBay market.

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia My congratulations, Matell's JW / JP movie figures are great and some of the most varied on the market.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

avatar_Duna @Duna : I like the idea of painting the American Version. It went out well!

Very nice addidtions everyone!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Congrats to everyone.
avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon fantastic! I loved the Invicta Plesiosaurus as a Child. I hope, i will get the Pliosaur/Liopleurodon back one day. One of my alltime favs. And a really intersting Book. I know, that theres something for everything out there, but this is quite specific :D

Today in the Mail:

It is fantastic, avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum!
Also: My first Kaiyodos. I just wanted the Quetz, but they were on Sale on AliExpress for 2,80 Euros each. Sadly, the Iguanodon was sold out.

Callophrys

My PNSO Allosaurus arrived today! It's a beautiful sculpt of one of the 3 classic therapods from my childhood (along with T. rex & Ceratosaurus). More pics in my collection thread:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: