News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Great acquisitions everyone! I too have something special to share  ;D
Couldn't pass up the opportunity to rescue this "little" dude.

Talk about being at the right place, at the right time  :))

Libraraptor

Congratulations you lucky one!
avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro  ^-^

Carnoking

Quote from: Ikessauro on January 15, 2024, 05:37:29 PMGreat acquisitions everyone! I too have something special to share  ;D
Couldn't pass up the opportunity to rescue this "little" dude.

Talk about being at the right place, at the right time  :))

Wow, heck of a catch!

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on January 15, 2024, 02:27:18 PM... and the cherry on top of all - a factory sealed Toyway Ophthalmosaurus...  8) Suuuuper stoked about these new family members!
The crown jewel in all it's glory with the rest of the squad: ...
You sure do like your Ophthalmosaurs - They are indeed adorable.
Maybe it's time for them to deserve a better shelf ...

Faelrin

I was trying to save up my funds, but Walmart finally had these in, so wasn't going to just pass them by (plus a bonus Quilmesaurus that they still had a bunch of). I will be reviewing the Eoraptor set after I'm done with my CollectA Koolasuchus review. Hoping I can get my hands on the Guaibasaurus before I get to it though. Hope distribution picks up on that one and the Kaprosuchus, etc. Edit: Also that's my cat Spaz for anyone wondering. She was coming to check things out.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: SidB on January 15, 2024, 05:18:59 PMWell done on all of these, avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs , especially the Favorite acquisition. Very unique classic, must have been an exciting pursuit to acquire!

Thank you!

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator Ha! I wish  :))  ;)

avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio thinking about it yes. Just not sure yet where :)

ceratopsian

Congratulations avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro!  What a bargain!!

SidB

Quote from: SidB on January 15, 2024, 05:18:59 PMWell done on all of these, avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs , especially the Favorite acquisition. Very unique classic, must have been an exciting pursuit to acquire!
It always amazes me when someone is able to get one of these "blasts from the past".

Bread

Some acquisitions as of lately.

Sorry for the low quality images. When I get the time I'll post better images in my collection thread.

Carnoking

Seeing those customs never gets old!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Faelrin on January 15, 2024, 08:18:22 PMI was trying to save up my funds, but Walmart finally had these in, so wasn't going to just pass them by (plus a bonus Quilmesaurus that they still had a bunch of). I will be reviewing the Eoraptor set after I'm done with my CollectA Koolasuchus review. Hoping I can get my hands on the Guaibasaurus before I get to it though. Hope distribution picks up on that one and the Kaprosuchus, etc. Edit: Also that's my cat Spaz for anyone wondering. She was coming to check things out.

Glad you were able to find them!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

PrimevalRaptor

Was always eyeing the Safari Uintatherium and after hearing it'll be retired apparently I finally picked it up
Much needed update to my collection given I barely focus on mammals and this one is really cool (and looks even better in hand, I was already sold from photos but man this is a great model)

SidB

I like the quizzical look on Uinta's face, as if to say, why do you guys neglect me? After all, I come from the hands of Doug Watson.

Flaffy

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on January 18, 2024, 12:12:24 PMWas always eyeing the Safari Uintatherium and after hearing it'll be retired apparently I finally picked it up
Much needed update to my collection given I barely focus on mammals and this one is really cool (and looks even better in hand, I was already sold from photos but man this is a great model)

One of the best Safari mammals imo, and much more naturalistic in my eyes than the CollectA one. I got it immediately upon release back in 2018. Congrats on acquiring this (sadly) retired beauty!

Flaffy

Recent haul from Germany, lots of extant stuff but all sharing a prehistoric theme!

Australian continent toob:
Got this set for obvious reasons - the Tuatara, the sole surviving representative of a once diverse and widespread order of ancient reptiles (Rhynchocephalia). The molding is a bit rough unfortunately with lots of flaring and seams, especially when compared to the precision of it's toob-mates; but the size, proportions and posture of this mini fit much better in my collection compared to the larger Incredible Creatures version. I found the original white hazy deco to be a bit weird, so decided to touch it up slightly with an olive green wash.

As for the rest of the toob, I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I'm enjoying the brand new New Zealand fauna. I just find it a shame Safari didn't take advantage of doing a toob exclusively featuring the endemic fauna of New Zealand. The re-packed Australian animals sculpts are quite crude in comparison and definitely showing their age. Major missed opportunity on birds like the Giant Moa and Kea parrot. Side note: I'm going to display the saltie as a Quinkana, given the figure's long legs and erect posture; would look right at home alongside the Prehistoric Crocodiles toob.

CollectA Goblin shark & Angelshark:
Squatiniformes have been around since the Jurassic, and Mitsukurinids slightly younger from the Early Cretaceous. They haven't really changed much since their emergence to my knowledge and would be considered "living fossils". CollectA's recent revival of their shark line has been greatly welcomed and appreciated. Their recent 2021 Basking Shark figure was phenomenal, and these two are no different. Hope to see more ancient sharks from CollectA, I can imagine them producing a Frilled shark or a Six-gilled shark in the near future!

Safari ltd Wooly rhino & Sumatran rhino:
Since the Sumatran rhino figure was getting retired, I figured this was a good a time as any to finally picking up this rarely produced species of rhinoceros. Of course being a prehistoric collector I had to get its extinct woolly relative. Been debating between the Mojo and Safari versions for quite a while now, and finally settled on Doug's one for stylistic consistency. I find the rounder bulkier rump of Safari's Woolly rhino to be more convincing than Mojo's thinner approach as well, despite me preferring Mojo's horns. These two display very well next to each other, the Sumatran in particular I find quite cute!

EmperorDinobot

Nice one on the Diplodocus, avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro

I'm not going dino hunting this weekend, Transformers hunting instead, but dinobots are on the menu. Ofc, if I see any of the new JW animals, I'll get them too.

Fembrogon

The first of my AliExpress sale acquisitions arrived this afternoon, and I'm instantly in love with them both:

I think these two will surely become a couple of my favorite figures from their respective companies.

SidB

A new arrival yesterday, HLG's Sinoceratops:

A quick comparison with the PNSO one:

Another, earlier rendition, the Vitae one, included:

Doyouthinkhesaurus Rex

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy I love pairing the sumatran rhino and woolly rhino together, I treat the sumatran rhino as though it's the offspring of the woolly rhino haha

postsaurischian

Quote from: Fembrogon on January 19, 2024, 01:17:20 AMThe first of my AliExpress sale acquisitions arrived this afternoon, and I'm instantly in love with them both:
I think these two will surely become a couple of my favorite figures from their respective companies.

Same here! Excellent figures. I have to vote for both of them.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: