News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Or if the package said "MUNDO JURÁSICO"  :))
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: MLMjp on March 09, 2019, 04:28:38 PM
I´m a Spanish collector who has bought a Spanish dinosaur, in a Spanish toy shop, in a Spanish city who also happens to be the capital city of Spain.

If the company who made it and place were it was manufactured were also Spanish, which unfortunately aren't, this would be the most Spanish acquisition ever.

For that price (21,99 euros) I am tempted to buy it in the English Court, we are countrymen in relation to nationality and I am a resident of that capital. Maybe not for my misfortune enthusiast of the dinosaurs of JP / JW but this concavenator I like it a lot and maybe it will engross my collection. I love the best theropod preserved in Spain.

Roselaar

If the company who made it and place were it was manufactured were also Spanish, which unfortunately aren't, this would be the most Spanish acquisition ever.

Nobody expects the Spanish acquisition!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

I'm digging this figure, be happy it is available in Spain. In Holland, no such luck.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Roselaar on March 10, 2019, 04:32:39 PM

Nobody expects the Spanish acquisition!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

I'm digging this figure, be happy it is available in Spain. In Holland, no such luck.

LOL I almost posted a GIF from Monty Python in that vain but wasn't sure if anyone would get it.

AcroSauroTaurus

Got the Jurassic World "Tapejara"(the head is actually of a Tupandactylus...) over the weekend.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Faelrin

So I've gotten a couple of things recently, both Jurassic, and none Jurassic (more on that in the HTTYD toys thread later). First off, my Destruct-A-Saur Velociraptor set came today that avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek helped me with getting. Definitely a nicely colored raptor, and with the Microceratus, I'm pretty much caught up on all the previous species (outside of the new Dino Rivals ones that I'm still waiting for such as the Coelurus and Tapejara) released by Mattel for this line. My only concern is that the head does not rotate, but I'm not sure if it is intended too, since it seems this has less articulation then either of the Battle Damage raptors.

I picked this set off Amazon while it was on sale for like $16 or $15 just a bit ago, and it arrived yesterday. Not bad at all, though like the many complaints said the hatch doesn't want to stay closed much at times. Here it is with Blue and the Parasaurolophus.

Lastly these were some wall stickers I got recently:

And here is a closeup of the babies:

You can see that the newly revealed Echo toy's (although that isn't the final product of course) colors aren't too far from what is shown on the sticker here. Putting it down below if anyone wants to quickly compare it.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Concavenator

Bought what is the only 2016 figure in my collection,the Papo  feathered Velociraptor,at my local shop. It's Papo, so it goes without saying that it has several anatomical issues,but I think it's a good figure nonetheless.The feathery detail is exquisite. However, it was pretty expensive, it cost me 23€ for a figure that's not big at all.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on March 12, 2019, 06:06:27 PM
Bought what is the only 2016 figure in my collection,the Papo  feathered Velociraptor,at my local shop. It's Papo, so it goes without saying that it has several anatomical issues,but I think it's a good figure nonetheless.The feathery detail is exquisite. However, it was pretty expensive, it cost me 23€ for a figure that's not big at all.

The figures of Papo are the most expensive figures in the toy market much more than Schleich, Collecta, Mojo or Safari. It's like buying a Ferrari but that does have its own artistic philosophy. The details are outstanding.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'm not generally interested in JW stuff, but those wall stickers have caught my attention, may I ask where did you purchase them from?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Primeval12

Got the Safari Feathered raptor for 55% off with a coupon at AC Moore :D

Jonathan is happy!

stargatedalek

Quote from: Faelrin on March 12, 2019, 04:39:48 AMMy only concern is that the head does not rotate, but I'm not sure if it is intended too, since it seems this has less articulation then either of the Battle Damage raptors.
Mine doesn't rotate either. Sadly it seems this sculpt hasn't been released in the full articulation without the battle damage. Was unexpected since the Dilo from this series has improved articulation over the Attack pack one.

Jurassic Clash figures arrived today! I had originally put off ordering these hoping they would appear locally, but so far none have shown up in Canada. Was pleasantly surprised to see they are quite a bit larger than I'd expected.

I love the terror bird, reminds me of the animated Turok movie's terror bird design. Only the jaw is articulated, but the sculpt and paint are both more detailed than equivalent Jurassic World figures. It's also quite heavy for its size.

The human figure is not my thing, but some of his weapons happened to fit Figma hands. The terror bird also scales remarkably well with them. I simply couldn't be more pleased.

The raptor is also pretty great. It's not as hefty and the head gear is a bit more difficult to remove and put on but it's a lot of fun. I can hardly wait to try this gear on other dinosaurs. Is... is that a bayonet on a flamethrower?

And here they are, looking like extras from a Metal Gear spinoff.

paintingdinos

I really like the Primal/Jurassic Clash figures. For only about $7-8 they are worth every penny\

Honestly, I like their raptor way more than any of the JW figures released thus far. They managed to make it look cool and still be stable without having those absolutely ridiculous oversized feet. The inflated clown feet killed the JW raptor line for me, so this is a really welcome toy to scratch the JP-style raptor itch.

ITdactyl

Those certainly are nice figures.

What's the deal with the Terror Bird?  Are those supposed to be fighting spurs or toe #4? *not a complaint, I'm just curious.

And I'll have to echo paintingdinos, that lean calvin klein* raptor sure looks better than the recent JW releases.
*at least the ribs and fenestrae aren't showing.

Faelrin

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx I got them at Target. Here is the link to them: https://www.target.com/p/roommates-jurassic-world-peel-and-stick/-/A-75569221

avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek Great assortment there. I just found them at Walmart the other day, but ended up going with getting a HTTYD Hidden World Toothless set since I couldn't decide which to go with at the moment (they had the terror bird, and the Dimetrodon looking critter, but not the raptor. Also had the Triceratops and Mammoth). I was really impressed with the Mammoth set in particular, and might have to pick it up someday. I might have to get around to getting some of these, but all the same I'm getting really low on space (for my action figures mostly) now. I am glad they are cheap and come with lots of stuff too, aside from seeming like a total throwback to Dino Riders. I also would like to get that raptor set someday, if partly because the saddle is strangely compatible with the Mattel raptors.

Also yeah shame about the lack on the articulation of that Destruct-A-Saur raptor, but I'm still really glad you've helped me get this set (waited most of the year for it, so I'm really glad Canada finally got them, and not just for me of course, but for you folks there too, especially for missing out on the Legacy stuff mostly). It sort of makes up for that Chaos Effect raptor I never got as a kid, in a way (though doesn't replace it entirely).

And here is my small haul for today after checking two Target's and one other Walmart. I was mostly in search of a single packed Light Fury (I did come across the Light Fury set with Hiccup, but passed it up. Kind of regretting it now, lol), but no luck there. So ultimately ended up going with my favorite girl Stormfly (with Astrid) instead. Honestly Stormfly is a big reason I got into HTTYD in the first place. I just loved her design (especially all the colors on the back of her wings).

I was also pretty surprised to find one of these Legacy mini sets (and a few of TLW mini sets) still in stock at the last Target I checked out. I really wanted the Brachiosaurus mini for a while now (and maybe even more so now with the giant one on the way), so I'm glad to have it. I might leave these in the box for now, unless I display them next to the STEM raptor skeleton set on the shelf since I don't have any more room on top of the Lockwood set for these.

stargatedalek

Quote from: ITdactyl on March 13, 2019, 05:46:06 AM
Those certainly are nice figures.

What's the deal with the Terror Bird?  Are those supposed to be fighting spurs or toe #4? *not a complaint, I'm just curious.

And I'll have to echo paintingdinos, that lean calvin klein* raptor sure looks better than the recent JW releases.
*at least the ribs and fenestrae aren't showing.
They are positioned as if they were the dew claw, but are definitely meant to look like chicken spurs. The tail also seems to be based on a chickens tail.

Quote from: paintingdinos on March 13, 2019, 03:14:50 AM
I really like the Primal/Jurassic Clash figures. For only about $7-8 they are worth every penny\

Honestly, I like their raptor way more than any of the JW figures released thus far. They managed to make it look cool and still be stable without having those absolutely ridiculous oversized feet. The inflated clown feet killed the JW raptor line for me, so this is a really welcome toy to scratch the JP-style raptor itch.
The detail is a lot better than their JW counterparts, though personally I think the articulation makes them even.

Quote from: Faelrin on March 13, 2019, 07:14:40 AM
Great assortment there. I just found them at Walmart the other day, but ended up going with getting a HTTYD Hidden World Toothless set since I couldn't decide which to go with at the moment (they had the terror bird, and the Dimetrodon looking critter, but not the raptor. Also had the Triceratops and Mammoth). I was really impressed with the Mammoth set in particular, and might have to pick it up someday. I might have to get around to getting some of these, but all the same I'm getting really low on space (for my action figures mostly) now. I am glad they are cheap and come with lots of stuff too, aside from seeming like a total throwback to Dino Riders. I also would like to get that raptor set someday, if partly because the saddle is strangely compatible with the Mattel raptors.
I wonder if we will see Mattel try their hand at something similar for Dino Riders someday, will they reuse the JW sculpts and give them armor, or make new dinosaurs? And yah, the deadly nadder design is pretty great.

RobinGoodfellow

..just a casual find in a shop in Milan..

So, why not ?  ;)

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you. It is appreciated by JW that has become a coelurus, is a kind of dinosaur very undervalued in the market of figures in general.

Faelrin

Congrats. I'm still searching for one of those (and the Dimetrodon, and green Herrerasaurus, even though I had it pre-ordered on amazon, but I know they aren't always reliable or even fulfill those at times). Hopefully they start showing up in more places by the end of this month, if not next month (ditto with the BD Plesiosaurus and new Legacy sets). Strange how some places have had it for a whole month now (like some stores in California, Ohio, if ebay listings are anything to go by, etc), but many are either just getting them, or still waiting for them. I wonder what's up with that.

Fembrogon

Well, these guys arrived fast! I ordered them directly from Safari ltd.'s website just 5 days ago.

They're all very cool. Pteranodon is bigger than I realized, while the others are just about right for what I expected. I got some bonus minis again, too!

Jose S.M.

Nice! I just ordered Allo, Stego and Pteranodon today, hopefully they'll come fast too!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: