News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsTwentyBelow

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 30, 2019, 06:15:38 PM
So cool to see CollectA in the wild! Maybe Breyer has been good for them.

Yes, they were displayed alongside Breyer merchandise at both locations, so there you go! I just figured out the other night that they have been working with Breyer. Surprising and very fun to find Collecta in person.

Roselaar

Another big box of dinosaurs arrived today. There's some amazing figures in here! Gotta give credit to Mattel for producing so many unusual and obscure species.

dutchdinolover

Shonisaurus

@dutchdinoloverI congratulate you on your new acquisitions. By the way, what brand are the three sauropods that you show next to the Camarasaurus of Safari 2019 and Tambatitanis of Favorite? I am intrigued to which companies they belong and what kind of sauropods they are, although I more or less imagine it.

Jose S.M.

Those are great acquisitions! some of my favorites among them like the Nasutoceratops, Iguanodon, Camarasaurus and Sauropelta!

Takama

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 01, 2019, 03:44:53 PM
@dutchdinoloverI congratulate you on your new acquisitions. By the way, what brand are the three sauropods that you show next to the Camarasaurus of Safari 2019 and Tambatitanis of Favorite? I am intrigued to which companies they belong and what kind of sauropods they are, although I more or less imagine it.

I recongnize one of them.

That Sauropod in the Back is the Faunacasts Apatosaurus

They other two Sauropods, IDK :-\

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Takama on September 01, 2019, 06:21:35 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 01, 2019, 03:44:53 PM

I recongnize one of them.

That Sauropod in the Back is the Faunacasts Apatosaurus

They other two Sauropods, IDK :-\

Thanks for the answers Takama

Ravonium

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus The other two are, left to right, their own sculpts of Atlasaurus and Alamosaurus, viewable in this thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8151.msg238247#msg238247

Shonisaurus

avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium Thanks for the info. They are works of art, in fact in that thread and in the mentioned link, I commented the work of this great sculptor.

Faelrin

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar That's quite an impressive haul there of the Jurassic stuff. Congrats of getting all of them.

avatar_dutchdinolover @dutchdinolover Nice haul of the Safari figures, etc. I certainly need to get around to getting some of those still.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

dutchdinolover

Thank you all :D

The to mysterious sauropods are indeed my own sculpts. More pictures in my persenal collection topic!

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8151.msg238247#msg238247

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

Faelrin

I finally got this one! I got it with a 15% off coupon today at Target. Here it is with my sister's kitten too:

Edit: This was the proper film accurate Indominus rex figure I've waited 4 years now, since Jurassic World came out. It truly does this creature justice, and it's nice to finally knock off what is an important species from my film species collection. A few variations aside, this leaves only the Brachiosaurus now (and of course the new Sinoceratops coming next year), until hopefully an Apatosaurus and Corythosaurus are made.

Another edit: I received Hammond yesterday. This one is staying in the box I think, and it looks good on display this way too. I have it on top of my boxed Mosasaurus.

And here it is with the rest of my most recent JW additions:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ZoPteryx

Received this lot from Halichoeres, my first non-fossil Kaiyodos!  I know I'm way behind the ball on getting Kaiyodos, but I just have to say how impressed I am with the attention to detail on these, photos don't do them justice.

Brontozaurus

In the most out-of-nowhere discovery I've made this year, I was going through a TK Maxx here in Melbourne (the UK/Australian equivalent of TJ Maxx) for their Halloween stuff, and I found a set of Battat Terra dinosaurs! Only 3 though: the Acrocanthosaurus and two Pachyrhinosaurus. Naturally I got one of each. Is this the first ever sighting of the Terra series outside of the US?
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

PrimevalRaptor

Quote from: Brontozaurus on September 05, 2019, 08:26:34 AM
In the most out-of-nowhere discovery I've made this year, I was going through a TK Maxx here in Melbourne (the UK/Australian equivalent of TJ Maxx) for their Halloween stuff, and I found a set of Battat Terra dinosaurs! Only 3 though: the Acrocanthosaurus and two Pachyrhinosaurus. Naturally I got one of each. Is this the first ever sighting of the Terra series outside of the US?

About a year ago I did find the Ceratosaurus and Carnotaurus at a TK Maxx in Germany, again very limited quantities though (and sadly no Cryolophosaurus)

Roselaar

Quote from: Brontozaurus on September 05, 2019, 08:26:34 AM

Battat Terra reached the Netherlands via TkMaxx as well. Though we only have a handful of stores here. I found Dacentrurus, Nanshiungosaurus, Cryolophosaurus, Amargasaurus, Carnotaurus and Ceratosaurus there. This was a while ago though.

Brontozaurus

Well I clearly missed hearing about those.  ;D There's a few other TK Maxx stores in this city, I may check out the nearest ones in case there's a few more remaining.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Halichoeres

Quote from: ZoPteryx on September 04, 2019, 07:48:35 AM
Received this lot from Halichoeres, my first non-fossil Kaiyodos!  I know I'm way behind the ball on getting Kaiyodos, but I just have to say how impressed I am with the attention to detail on these, photos don't do them justice.

Aren't they great? Back when Kaiyodo did interesting taxa once in a while.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Mononykus

Hello all,
i thought I would share something unusual that I picked up on ebay recently.
It is a large model of the Aetosaur Stagonolepis. Although the seller wasn't certain, they seemed to think it is from Rush Studios, and that seems reasonable to me. It is quite large, about 48 cm long, which makes it about 1/6 scale. It is rather light and clearly hollow (maybe fiberglass?). There are no seams, but a blobby bit in the groin area may be where a hole was filled in. I really like the sculpt, but the paint is rather simple, with a couple of layers of darker colors airbrushed on and solid black eyes and claws. This makes sense if it was from a museum diorama intended to be seen at a distance.
I really like it, even if it is much larger than ideal. There are so few aetosaur figures that any new species is exciting.
Here are some pictures:

In comparison with all other Aetosaur figures I have (and am aware of), 3 of which are Desmatosuchus:

It is big enough to give all my other aetosaurs a ride:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: