News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2019

Started by Kayakasaurus, July 31, 2018, 06:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowknight1

I'd love to see a new Allosaurus, Deinonychus, or Dilophosaurus.  And as someone who doesn't often collect herbivores(though I do appreciate them!), that Styracosaurus looks pretty cool!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: Ivysaur on August 05, 2018, 12:13:29 AM
Why do everyone want the normal basic dinos from Doug / Safari. I think there's so much unused dino's and I am sure Doug can create awesome species. Just take that Camarasaurus and and all the Ceratopsians as example. :O We need diversity aka all ceratopsians, all non-basic saurapoda and we need Hadrosaurida :O

You have to admit that a Deinonychus or a Utahraptor would look great in Doug's style (or maybe I'm just itching for more feathered beasties).

Pachyrhinosaurus

I like seeing the more popular species as toys because those are the dinosaurs I grew up with. Of course I enjoy their less-popular genera as well, like sauropelta or regaliceratops, but dinosaurs such as brontosaurus or triceratops will always be the old favorites.

If they're going the route of Carnegie replacements I know I'd like to see a nice maiasaura, especially if its a good size. Maiasaura doesn't get as much attention did 10 or 15 years ago. Any to-scale hadrosaur would be nice, though. Both edmontosaurus and magnapaulia could attain sizes of 40 feet so they'd be pretty sizable in 1:35- 1:40.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

John

Why do everyone want the normal basic dinos from Doug / Safari. I think there's so much unused dino's and I am sure Doug can create awesome species. Just take that Camarasaurus and and all the Ceratopsians as example. :O We need diversity aka all ceratopsians, all non-basic saurapoda and we need Hadrosaurida :O
There are some oddballs in the mix,like Prestosuchus. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Syndicate Bias

Lizerd

More ruaisuchians would be cool :)
Most people only know of 2 or 3. The ones I heard of before doing a deep dig were Ruaisuchus, Nudosuchus, Postosuchus, and Kaprosuchus. While that is a cool group to know, some of them are really incredible like saurosuchus. So more ruaisuchians would be very cool.
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

Jose S.M.

Maybe they are going to show more figures in another big batch later, like half and half. I would like to see they doing like half new species and half new versions of carnegies. If we count Citipati as Oviraptor all of the dinosaurs so far are new versions of carnegies, hopefully there is another totally new dinosaur.

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on August 05, 2018, 07:58:47 AM
So is that all right?

I'm told there's quite a bit more! I don't know how they're being revealed so keep an eye out
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Toasaurus

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on August 05, 2018, 06:02:21 PM
So is that all right?

I'm told there's quite a bit more! I don't know how they're being revealed so keep an eye out
i messaged safari and all they said is closer to the relase of the 2019 line

Concavenator

Does anyone know when will these be released?
I'm particularly interested in that Citipati

Syndicate Bias

I'm guessing the same way every safari has. By the end of the year everything should be available from them.

Jose S.M.

Probably late November or early December.

Toasaurus

Quote from: Jose S.M. on August 05, 2018, 07:42:54 PM
Probably late November or early December.
im assuming september or october like last year and the year before

Lizerd

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on August 05, 2018, 06:02:21 PM
So is that all right?

But what could be next? Anyone got a guess?
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

Patrx

I'm really hoping for Deinonychus or Protoceratops, personally  :D

Shadowknight1

I want Allosaurus and Dilophosaurus because, to be perfectly honest, the last Safari figures of those two animals do nothing for me.  They don't look great to me.  And neither has been done justice by other companies.  Papo is the one that's come the closest, but their Allo has bunny hands and their Dilo has that bizarre pose.  As for Deinonychus, I think it would be amazing to see a figure where the arms aren't splayed out in front and done more like in Emily Willoughby's illustration as seen here: https://emilywilloughby.com/gallery-data/images/the-terrible-claw.jpg

Failing that, an updated Utahraptor with it's more stocky body frame and curved lower jaw would also be interesting.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Daspletodave

All the new Safari figures revealed so far are an outstanding must have.
Given Safari's seeming desire to make everyone forget about the Carnegie Collection, it seems a fair bet that a new Allosaurus and Stegosaurus will be released in the near future. I'd really like to see a new Albertosaurus!

Toasaurus

Im hoping for a spinosaurus reculpt or baryonyx reculpt, a utahraptor updated a new ornithopod probly ouranosaurus or muttabarrasaurus cause safari never made an Australian dinosaur and i think it time they did, a paraceratherium, and a albertosaurus or any other tryannosaur

Sim

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 04, 2018, 09:56:45 PM
Quote from: Sim on August 04, 2018, 03:07:25 PM

With regards to what you said: "I think everyone wins."  Well, I can tell you that wasn't true for me with the 2018 WS line-up.  Though I'm happy that the WS line is still representing a lot of different kinds of animals, even if I don't want the figures.

I understand what you are saying. Assuming that we have the same number of models as 2017, the 2018 line-up is far from done. So, I hope everyone will end up happy.[...]

Just to make sure there isn't any misunderstanding, the new figures being revealed in this thread are from the 2019 line-up.  The 2018 WS line-up which I expressed dissatisfaction about is all known and released, for quite a while now.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Sim on August 06, 2018, 01:03:23 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on August 04, 2018, 09:56:45 PM
Quote from: Sim on August 04, 2018, 03:07:25 PM

With regards to what you said: "I think everyone wins."  Well, I can tell you that wasn't true for me with the 2018 WS line-up.  Though I'm happy that the WS line is still representing a lot of different kinds of animals, even if I don't want the figures.

I understand what you are saying. Assuming that we have the same number of models as 2017, the 2018 line-up is far from done. So, I hope everyone will end up happy.[...]

Just to make sure there isn't any misunderstanding, the new figures being revealed in this thread are from the 2019 line-up.  The 2018 WS line-up which I expressed dissatisfaction about is all known and released, for quite a while now.

Oops. Totally misunderstood. Safari's release schedule is confusing  ;D ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: