News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2019

Started by Kayakasaurus, July 31, 2018, 06:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilSauria

Came across this listing in my travels today - seems a tad over-priced!!

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/YiUNBuM

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Andreioli on August 14, 2018, 09:52:57 PM
Safari Ltd changed their Facebook banner, like a week ago, have a look:

Just noticed this.  I agree that we've got the Carnotaurus tail and Woolly Rhino horn in the photo.  The only other potential prehistorics I see are the bird peering out of the box, the black bird wing at the right, and the black cetacean tail at the right.  I feel these are all more likely extant taxa though.  Speaking of extant animals, looks like we're also getting a pangolin, some sort of small spotted wild cat, a reef fish, and an albino snake (boa?) in next year's lineup.

Unless... is that a bear's foot at the upper left?  Dare I say Arctodus?  ???

Doug Watson

Quote from: PhilSauria on August 23, 2018, 01:57:52 AM
Came across this listing in my travels today - seems a tad over-priced!!

Not only over-priced but also unauthorized, do not buy from that seller! Thanks for the tip off.

Lizerd

Say, that site seems kinda sketchy... yeah...
Well we just wait and see to find whats next.
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

SpartanSquat

I remember last year knock off copy from safari appeared in august and even Eofauna Mammoth. Too sad this happens

Doug Watson

Quote from: RolandEden on August 23, 2018, 04:51:27 PM
I remember last year knock off copy from safari appeared in august and even Eofauna Mammoth. Too sad this happens

This appears to be an actual sample from the factory, the problem is no one is legally allowed to sell them right now and the only people outside the company allowed to have them are people who got samples sent to them for review.

Lizerd

avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson why do people do this? It won't end well for them.
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/

Doug Watson

Quote from: Lizerd on August 23, 2018, 08:10:44 PM
avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson why do people do this? It won't end well for them.

Because we have always had and will always have crooked people. Safari Ltd has been alerted but since the seller is in China there probably isn't much that can be done with them at least but Safari Ltd is looking into it.

Lizerd

Oh, well good thing we still have legally obtained models :D and that big box right next to me saying safari ltd what can be inn ittt

tanystropheus

Because we live in the Anthropocene era. It is the last era of human activity.

IrritatorRaji

why do people do this? It won't end well for them.

Anything for a quick buck. It's just the way the world works unfortunately. Happened to Mattel with the JW:FK line. At least the seller is on Aliexpress, a relatively obscure site, and so it hopefully not many buyers have run into it.

Ravonium

why do people do this? It won't end well for them.

Because as long as humans are around, there will be people that manipulate the emotions of any demographic they find easy to target, in any way possible, just for economic or personal gain. It's what online scammers have in common with dictators and terrorists.

Lizerd

People kinda suck.... online and face to face. But I like you guys :D

Shonisaurus

Both for Doug Watson and Safari as well as for the rest of the dinosaur company and other prehistoric toy animals, for my part, they can be calm. In my case I only buy online legal stores in this case I will buy at urzeitshop.de or in the European online store that has those Safari 2019 figures more soon marketed.

Regardless of that, you have to investigate and punish those who sell products or pirate them (plagiarize figures of other companies), and demand financial responsibility. It is a pity that there are people who lend themselves to the sale in this case of prehistoric animals that are not yet on the market. It upsets me, because it is unfair and because it can cause economic problems to commercial brands and loss of jobs.

Concavenator

Since it's been confirmed several times from Safari themselves that what has been shown so far isn't all they've got in store for 2019,I will leave a few guesses that I'm relatively sure that at least one or two will be released:

Stegosaurus
Allosaurus
Pteranodon
Ichthyosaurus
Albertosaurus or Gorgosaurus ,either one of those
Deinonychus
Utahraptor

I can more or less tell confidently that at the very least one will indeed be real.

At this point,I don't think it's very hard to predict new releases species from Safari,since they are clearly trying to get the species from the Carnegie Collection back again.

The species I mentioned aren't random at all ,if you think it,they are very well known and famous species that were sculpted a long time ago and haven't had an update since them.And now that Carnegie is extinct,Safari may want to bring these "classic" species back.(The "classics" are good sellers ;) )

Now what's up to see is how many of those end up being real this year.Most probably all of the mentioned won't be released this year (that's to understand) but in any case,they may be released next year,or the following  :P

By the way I wanted to write this as soon as possible because since avatar_Dan @Dan from Dan's Dinosaurs has said that the upcoming Safaris will be open to preorden soon,that might be because Safari will reveal the whole lineup soon.

Anyways,has anyone really got an idea on when will the rest be revealed ?They have started unusually early this year ::)

Pd:Probably a recent ,exciting discovery will be incluyed in 2019's lineup just like they did this year with Anzu or Regaliceratops,or Yutyrannus in 2015.For example, Qianzhousaurus would be a good candidate due to its unique look

Halichoeres

This thread revealed a pretty bleak view of humanity among the membership!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ravonium

Just to reassure you guys, they've not finished with the non-dinosaur Youtube reveals (To their credit, the channel they've networked with has over 2 million subscribers, so that is a milestone in their makerting that is applaudable  :) ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s-c4insxCE

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 24, 2018, 08:30:22 PM
This thread revealed a pretty bleak view of humanity among the membership!

;D  I too wonder what the bigwigs at Safari Ltd think of this thread being used to spread misanthropic world views.  ;D

Jose S.M.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Jose S.M. on August 24, 2018, 09:19:24 PM
That pangolin is very cute.

We need to raise awareness for pangolins.

australovenator

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: