News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom by Mattel - new for 2019

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, August 04, 2018, 03:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cretaceous Crab

LOL, we probably made someone upset yesterday (I apologize if it was one of you!).

We went into a Target, and of course, didn't find any on the shelf. My wife went to inquire with the toy dept manager (she's always better at these kind of things). He had told her that some employee had accidentally put them (there were only two that came in apparently) on the shelf the day before. A customer had grabbed them both, but at the register, they came up as a hold until the 6th. So the employee had set the two brachis in the back for the customer to purchase the next day (yesterday, Oct. 6th).

So the dept manager told my wife that while they can't give away someone else's hold, they can fulfill an online order. We attempted to do that (while in the store) but the brachi wasn't showing up on the website. My wife went back and spoke to the manager. He said he wasn't there on Saturday, and he normally doesn't allow holds on Target Exclusives anyway. So he let us have one! He said the other customer can deal with just getting one.

Needless to say, our kids were elated, and now the Brachiosaurus sits on our mantle with a tiny Santa hat on it.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I'll be checking online periodically. When I called the second store the employee told me that they don't hold exclusives so it had to stay on the shelf. I think he said that store got five of them.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Piltdown 龍

Been walking up and down upon the earth, and thus have some sightings for those in Metro Manila:

avatar_ITdactyl @ITdactyl Quetzalcoatlus at Toy Kingdom V Mall Greenhills  8) Just one though, so hurry...

Αmargasaurus @ Shangrila Plaza Mandaluyong.  Unfortunately it looks worse than the pics. Easily the ugliest Mattel dino except maybe for the Concavenator.

avatar_Kotori_Sonoda @Kotori_Sonoda Purple dilophosaurs at Trinoma both at Landmark and TRU

By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

Kotori_Sonoda

Quote from: MagicGluelong on October 08, 2019, 10:27:45 AM
Been walking up and down upon the earth, and thus have some sightings for those in Metro Manila:

avatar_ITdactyl @ITdactyl Quetzalcoatlus at Toy Kingdom V Mall Greenhills  8) Just one though, so hurry...

Αmargasaurus @ Shangrila Plaza Mandaluyong.  Unfortunately it looks worse than the pics. Easily the ugliest Mattel dino except maybe for the Concavenator.

avatar_Kotori_Sonoda @Kotori_Sonoda Purple dilophosaurs at Trinoma both at Landmark and TRU

Well I happen to like the concavenator lol. Maybe it's just the color.

And thanks for the heads up! I can't go there right now so maybe I'll check my usual haunts first, but its good to know that the Dilo is out there in the wild.
Same for the Quetz and Amargasaurus!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

ITdactyl

Thanks for the heads up avatar_Piltdown 龍 @MagicGluelong .  Hurrying is not an option though, I'm too far away and earliest I can drop by is Sunday.  Hopefully it'd still be there.... fingers crossed.

Piltdown 龍

There's also a Colossal rex at Robin's at Shoppesville, unfortunately with an equally colossal price tag, almost four times the Amazon price   :(

Kotori_Sonoda

Quote from: MagicGluelong on October 09, 2019, 02:08:23 AM
There's also a Colossal rex at Robin's at Shoppesville, unfortunately with an equally colossal price tag, almost four times the Amazon price   :(

Ah, the prices here are higher.
I admit I'm a bit jealous that collectors stateside only have to pay 10 dollars for a savage strike while we pay 20. 

Oh, the Colossal Rex is now out at regular retail? I hope Richwell keeps this up. I'm hoping they release Battle damage series here.

Piltdown 龍

I think the Colossal rex was a consignment item, sadly  :-\ Though if it was officially marketed here it would likely also cost about as much at TRU  :( Margins here are unbelievable.

Edit: Quetz sighting, Toy Kingdom Megamall.

Shadowknight1

No pictures yet, but my Amber Collection Velociraptor from Gamestop arrived today, without a shipping notice and so long that I'd forgotten about it.  It's like a birthday gift from my past self and it isn't even my birthday!  Oversized feet aside, this is a great figure of the JP Velociraptor for a reasonable price, ie. won't go broke like with the bigger one from Chronicle.  The tail is bendy, the mouth can open super wide, and it has a pretty good range of motion.  It can't do everything the animal can in the movies, but it does pretty well for itself.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Kotori_Sonoda

Man the Dino rivals Dilo may not be accurate but that color scheme looks really cool in person. It stands out in your shelf!

jean

Quote from: PhilSauria on September 14, 2019, 01:36:54 AM
Just saw a video review for the Amargasaurus, yet another Mattel that I think I can be pretty safe in saying that we won't see on the shelves here in Australia, and I saw an online listing for one at $130 AU plus $47 shipping. I ask you...!

Hey man , what makes you think it won't be coming to Australia ?

And what do you think of the possibility of seeing the amber collection raptors and the BATTLEDAMAGE spinosaurus At any of our local stores ? Have you seen one already ? :)

Kotori_Sonoda

Calling PH collectors
avatar_ITdactyl @ITdactyl avatar_Piltdown 龍 @MagicGluelong

if you're interested in the Indominus, Toy Kingdom just posted this
All that's left to do is to wait...

(the price in dollars is roughly 74 dollars!)

Kotori_Sonoda

After having the Savage Strike Dilo in hand for a few days I have to say I really do love that color scheme. A couple of friends I showed the toy too also liked how it looked. It just stands out.

Shame the water gimmick sucks, but oh well.

Piltdown 龍

avatar_Kotori_Sonoda @Kotori_Sonoda  I saw the Indominus at the toy department of Takashimaya, it was much larger than I expected. It seems though it's cheaper here than the Philippine price :( There was a kid playing with it and wondering what I was there for  :-[  ;D Hazards of having a hobby targeted for an audience decades younger than my present age   :))  What will airport security say when they encounter a roaring Sinoceratops in my hand baggage  ^-^

Kotori_Sonoda

Quote from: MagicGluelong on October 13, 2019, 02:36:24 PM
avatar_Kotori_Sonoda @Kotori_Sonoda  I saw the Indominus at the toy department of Takashimaya, it was much larger than I expected. It seems though it's cheaper here than the Philippine price :( There was a kid playing with it and wondering what I was there for  :-[  ;D Hazards of having a hobby targeted for an audience decades younger than my present age   :))  What will airport security say when they encounter a roaring Sinoceratops in my hand baggage  ^-^

Hahaha, i thought toys are mainly an adult thing now? :D

They'll ask if its for your kid perhaps :D

MLMjp

So there are still a few figures that have yet to been revealed
The ones marked with a star.

The orange Triceratops (This figure was shown in SDCC I believe)
The green and orange Dilophosaurus
The blue Proceratosaurus
The orange Suchomimus
The blue and orange Velociraptor
Last hour releases or already cancelled? Mattel has already revealed their 2020 stuff and there is already some preorders online...

tanystropheus

Quote from: MLMjp on October 13, 2019, 08:00:55 PM
So there are still a few figures that have yet to been revealed
The ones marked with a star.

The orange Triceratops (This figure was shown in SDCC I believe)
The green and orange Dilophosaurus
The blue Proceratosaurus
The orange Suchomimus
The blue and orange Velociraptor
Last hour releases or already cancelled? Mattel has already revealed their 2020 stuff and there is already some preorders online...

I'm hoping for the green and orange Dilo. I missed the first few iterations. The recently released purple one does not look organic. The purple appears muddy/gummy appearing on the figure. It's a shame because that's the one that actually shoots water. I'm also looking for newer paint apps on Rhamphorhynchus (as the current model sells for double on Amazon and is hard to find in the stores where I live) and Tapejara .

PhilSauria

Unbelievable!! - I see that the elusive Mattel Plesiosaurus (Savage Strike version) has re-appeared on Amazon, and of course they do not send to us poor saps here in Australia, and then I find a listing for one of these one ebay at $55 Australian, with the addition of the shipping plus an import fee bringing the total cost to around $80!!

My response on seeing that is best not repeated in a family-friendly Forum post.

Why is this figure so hard to find?, and I guess being exploited by money-hungry scalpers for that reason.

All. Very. Frustrating.

Faelrin

It's really disappointing both this and the Battle Damage version have been so hard for many collector's worldwide to get, even though there has been so much demand for these.

avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria Would you like me to help you get this figure? I'm in the US, and it's showing as in stock October 28 for $15.95 on Amazon (which is slightly overpriced compared to other SS figures going for $9.99 but my guess is the distribution issue, if not another reason).

Edit: Anything else I could help out with too?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

BrightYellowTriceratops

Don't know how many others might be in the midwest of the U.S. and have access to Farm & Fleet stores but I found the Quetzalcoatlus there today. This is the first time I've seen it in stores.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: