News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - new for 2019

Started by Syndicate Bias, October 25, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

I finished collecting all the papos I wanted last year. I literally bought almost every one of them too but some of them were rather lacklustre. Rebor I'm only missing King T Rex and PNSO I'm just waiting for their big two and as for Papo here, just their spino and Penta. I'll probably get their gorgo as a gift from someone. There's other companies but trying not to go too off-topic here. Point is there's alot of options now and I think it's a wonderful thing. I think this is the better years for collectors if I do say so myself  ^-^

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on February 06, 2019, 07:02:35 AM
I finished collecting all the papos I wanted last year. I literally bought almost every one of them too but some of them were rather lacklustre. Rebor I'm only missing King T Rex and PNSO I'm just waiting for their big two and as for Papo here, just their spino and Penta. I'll probably get their gorgo as a gift from someone. There's other companies but trying not to go too off-topic here. Point is there's alot of options now and I think it's a wonderful thing. I think this is the better years for collectors if I do say so myself  ^-^

Sincerely, collectors and especially the members of dinotoyblog.com/forum are very well treated and protected by toy dinosaur companies. Many of our dreams are coming true, the spinosaurus of Papo 2019 was a highly anticipated figure among the members of the forum, as for me a Gorgosaurus of Papo was very much expected. At last a tyrannosaurid that is not the tyrannosaurus rex!

The spinosaurus of Papo 2019 from what I have read in the different post of this thread will be large. I honestly like the figures of large prehistoric animals without being huge (for example Tyrannosaurus and triceratops of Collecta large size scale 1:15 or the ceratosaurus of PNSO). I celebrate that Papo and the other toy dinosaur companies are not spoiling DTF members and collectors in general. Regarding the company Everythingdinosaur for peace of mind of all those who have ordered as I do this figure is a serious and deferential company with all its customers. I have never been disappointed in Everythingdinosaur and it is a toy dinosaur company that I recommend one hundred percent.

I said two years ago in this forum without knowing anything about the plans of the toy companies that the figures of prehistoric animals were going to improve on all fronts (various companies of toy dinosaurs) and that was only the beginning. Fortunately I was not wrong.  ^-^

terrorchicken

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 06, 2019, 05:50:10 AM
Quote from: terrorchicken on February 05, 2019, 07:54:23 PM

I think this too, the non- limited version will be some ugly rainbow colored thing.  :P

hmmm....I thought this LE version is kinda rainbow  ???

the rainbow colored versions of their dinos have this ugly purple stripe color, I dont really see it in this spino.

Concavenator

Well, I have good news for you guys.I cancelled my reserve from ED.I was not fully convinced by the model, and I don't think it's fair to buy this model unless you actually like it, and, as I see ,there  are a lot of you guys that really want it.So there you go guys, one more Spinosaurus for y'all!

The head sculpt looks nice,and it may be accurate overall, but I somehow don't finish to like it.Not to mention it probably will be a bit expensive.

So,like I initially said, I'm sticking with my 2015 CollectA Deluxe Spinosaurus  :)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Concavenator on February 06, 2019, 07:31:14 PM
Well, I have good news for you guys.I cancelled my reserve from ED.I was not fully convinced by the model, and I don't think it's fair to buy this model unless you actually like it, and, as I see ,there  are a lot of you guys that really want it.So there you go guys, one more Spinosaurus for y'all!

The head sculpt looks nice,and it may be accurate overall, but I somehow don't finish to like it.Not to mention it probably will be a bit expensive.

So,like I initially said, I'm sticking with my 2015 CollectA Deluxe Spinosaurus  :)

The resale value will be roughly $450 (not that I have any plans of ever selling away such a beautiful piece!). Scalpers were aggressive with the Brown T-rex too.

Concavenator

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 06, 2019, 07:40:38 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on February 06, 2019, 07:31:14 PM

The resale value will be roughly $450 (not that I have any plans of ever selling away such a beautiful piece!). Scalpers were aggressive with the Brown T-rex too.

Yes, I had thought that, but if I buy a model it's becase I like it , not for reselling it.
I think there's no reason to buy a model that will presumably be expensive if you don't like it.Me cancelling the reserve for this figure allows somebody who actually likes the model to get it.

And well, I have the original Papo Tyrannosaurus and Velociraptor in my collection.When I got them they weren't any exclusive ,but now they're certainly rare.I could sell them for a good amount if I wanted to, but I don't have any plans to do so. They're some of my earliest pieces of my collection and I appreciate them

BRONSON

lol there is no figures on how many are going to be produced, they could just keep making them until orders and demand dies down and run into the millions, its not a proper limited edition unless it is disclosed how many there will be.

Shonisaurus

I honestly do not cancel the reservation and I hope to receive it in June (after payment to ED) to everythingdinosaur. Honestly I am fascinated by that figure. It is the best spinosaurus made so far or at least equals that of the other five brands that have done it or are going to do it (I mean PNSO and Rebor). It will be very difficult for me to choose which one is my favorite spinosaurus or best made of a certain brand. I think they are all great and sincerely Papo spinosaurus is very realistic and I bet that until I get the figure and can compare it with other collections and buy (fingers crossed the PNSO and Rebor spinosaurus that I hope will come out this year) I will not be able to decide which is the best spinosaurus made in the history of the toy dinosaur.

LeapingLaelaps

Just got confirmation I'm on the priority reserve list and I'll be emailed again in June
Now I just have to try to be patient... ::)

CityRaptor

Quote from: Concavenator on February 06, 2019, 07:52:12 PM
And well, I have the original Papo Tyrannosaurus and Velociraptor in my collection.When I got them they weren't any exclusive ,but now they're certainly rare.I could sell them for a good amount if I wanted to, but I don't have any plans to do so. They're some of my earliest pieces of my collection and I appreciate them

Clearly depends on the country. I've seen both of those selling for little money on German Ebay, even if labeled correctly.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Andreioli

A photo of the Pentaceratops from the front found on ED's Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtlKQn6FaqR/

It looks awesome !

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Andreioli on February 07, 2019, 07:38:46 PM
A photo of the Pentaceratops from the front found on ED's Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtlKQn6FaqR/

It looks awesome !

It got a lot of hate for the pose but I think in terms of detail and paint its one of there best figures they've made, I'm still really eager to know if you can pose it on all fours like some people have hypothesized

Andreioli

If you look at the alignment of the feet, it's obvious the model will be able stand horizontally.

I imagine it will look like something like this:

With three feet touching the ground.

The double pose has great applicability for dioramas  ;)

Shonisaurus

Thanks for sharing the photograph, the pentaceratops will make a good pair with Favorite's and Schleich's although this Pentaceratops is very detailed. By the way we do not know anything about the length and height measurements of these dinosaurs of Papo, pentaceratops, gorgosaurus and spinosaurus (limited version).

Derek.McManus

Quote from: LeapingLaelaps on February 06, 2019, 10:35:25 PM
Just got confirmation I'm on the priority reserve list and I'll be emailed again in June
Now I just have to try to be patient... ::)

I'm sure you will survive even if the wait is unpleasant

Ravonium

Quote from: BRONSON on February 06, 2019, 08:16:15 PM
lol there is no figures on how many are going to be produced, they could just keep making them until orders and demand dies down and run into the millions, its not a proper limited edition unless it is disclosed how many there will be.

I originally would have replied that there were going to be 5000 made, but after reading the posts containing that number more closely, I realised that number was an estimate. Now, this just gives me more reason to suspect that this is all just a big marketing ploy.

dragon53

Here's a new video on the new Papo Spinosaur (2:47 elapsed time).

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsmaDyarv7M

Shonisaurus

Sincerely it is a fortune to have ordered in my case the spinosaurus of Papo limited edition I will never regret it. On the other hand, I hope that one day some online toy company will tell us how much Papo's pentaceratops measures. It seems to me a large figure with the naked eye or it can be due to an optical illusion, also the pentaceratops is magnificent and fortunately it is not a limited figure.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I've emailed Everything Dinosaur too, though I'm not sure why, I hope it's worth it.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Ceratosaurus

I've seen a lot of comments on here, Facebook, YouTube about how people are mad the Spinosaurus is going to be limited and they shouldn't reserve one because they won't be able to afford it anyways. I'm assuming a figure of that size would likely cost around $50. There's 5 months to save up for it. Am I missing something like because it's limited willthe cost be way higher or is $50 just that much more to some than others?
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: