News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Hopes & Dreams

Started by ZoPteryx, August 18, 2012, 05:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

Quote from: John on September 08, 2012, 04:39:09 AM
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on September 07, 2012, 10:27:44 PM
Quote from: John on September 06, 2012, 10:01:55 PM
I wonder what else in store for us from say Wild Safari? :D
I think I heard something about a parasaurolophus, but it it was probably just a rumor.
A hope (while unlikely to happen) I have for this concavenator is that the giganotosaurus' and spinosaurus' legs warp in the sun, causing them not to stand. and it would be nice if the 'venator didn't have this problem.
I make sure not to place mine anywhere near open sun from the window or heat for that reason.Sometimes they will come in with warped legs from being shipped in extremely hot conditions,but I use boiling water to heat the vinyl to get it soft enough to bend it back to the way it should be,then hold it under running cold water to hold the shape.After that,I put it in the freezer for about a half hour to make sure it doesn't warp back.This has worked for me every time.
A rumored Wild Safari Parasaurolophus?Here's something to think about,what if there really IS a Parasaurolophus,but the rumor was just a lucky coincidence?Would that ever be admitted to? ^-^

I want a Paradaurolophus from Safari! I have ben freaking in love with all the safari dinos ever since 2011 onwards! Man, I hope they make one!

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Gwangi on September 06, 2012, 09:43:42 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 06, 2012, 09:29:21 PM
The specimen I have mounted in my living room somewhat disagrees, at least in regards to general cranial shape, and more specifiically the Carnegie model seems to portray very subdued jugals. Even given those minor issues, I am unsure how anyone can defend the paint scheme used.I think its how they did the eyes and face that make the dinosaur look like an oversized tree squirrel or something.

Take a moment to look at Copper's custom he did, and it shows somewhat the issues with the paint on the factory version in compare. I just wish someone would attempt a more realistic paint pattern I guess.

There are many species of Psittacosaurus. Perhaps the one by Carnegie is not supposed to be the same one you have?

I actually like the paint scheme on the Carnegie model. What bothers me is the pose and the surprised (and somewhat dumb) look on its face. Those are minor issues though, it is actually one of my favorite older Carnegie models.

I'd love to see a model of P. sibricus. That skull is mental.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

tanystropheus

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on September 08, 2012, 05:15:45 AM
I think I heard something about a parasaurolophus, but it it was probably just a rumor.
A hope (while unlikely to happen) I have for this concavenator is that the giganotosaurus' and spinosaurus' legs warp in the sun, causing them not to stand. and it would be nice if the 'venator didn't have this problem.
I make sure not to place mine anywhere near open sun from the window or heat for that reason.Sometimes they will come in with warped legs from being shipped in extremely hot conditions,but I use boiling water to heat the vinyl to get it soft enough to bend it back to the way it should be,then hold it under running cold water to hold the shape.After that,I put it in the freezer for about a half hour to make sure it doesn't warp back.This has worked for me every time.
A rumored Wild Safari Parasaurolophus?Here's something to think about,what if there really IS a Parasaurolophus,but the rumor was just a lucky coincidence?Would that ever be admitted to? ^-^

I want a Paradaurolophus from Safari! I have ben freaking in love with all the safari dinos ever since 2011 onwards! Man, I hope they make one!

Well, that would be great! I already have the Papo and Schleich Parasaurolophus and I was thinking of picking up the 2012  Schleich Para, as well (but not completely sure). Now, if they make a WS  Parasaurolophus, I can have a nice little herd/family  :))

I wish that the Mojo Fun Parasaurolophus did not have the gorilla arms :(

tanystropheus

Quote from: Seijun on September 04, 2012, 08:11:45 AM
Thanks for the clarification sbell. I forgot about those others (not sure how). I don't own most of them yet except for the amarga. I think my brain was concentrating on hadrosaurs when I posted! I am always wishing for more hadros, I bet Forest could make some truly breath taking ones. It is sad that a group so large, diverse, and amazing is so poorly represented in modern toy form.

Yeah, I figured you were referring to hadrosaurs when you mentioned 'herbivores', especially since you've mentioned the 2012 Carnegie Brachiosaurus  a couple of times in other threads. I feel that Carnegie should revisit their Maisaura and Nest. We still don't have a definitive Lambeosaurus or Corythosaurus, and the last decent Saurolophus was made by Tyco.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 08, 2012, 06:53:46 AM
Quote from: Seijun on September 04, 2012, 08:11:45 AM
Thanks for the clarification sbell. I forgot about those others (not sure how). I don't own most of them yet except for the amarga. I think my brain was concentrating on hadrosaurs when I posted! I am always wishing for more hadros, I bet Forest could make some truly breath taking ones. It is sad that a group so large, diverse, and amazing is so poorly represented in modern toy form.

Yeah, I figured you were referring to hadrosaurs when you mentioned 'herbivores', especially since you've mentioned the 2012 Carnegie Brachiosaurus a couple of times in other threads. I feel that Carnegie should revisit their Maisaura and Nest. We still don't have a definitive Lambeosaurus or Corythosaurus, and the last decent Saurolophus was made by Tyco.

Carnegie had a really nice Corythosaurus before it was retired.  I would love to see a Lambeosaurus...they never seem to get any attention..it's always Parasaurolophus..not to anger it's fans of course.

Takama

Carnegie had the best Corythosaurus.   Why did they retire it?  It just so good of a Hadrosaur model and puts there Para to downright shame.

Gwangi

Agreed. The Corythosaurus is one of my favorite hadrosaur models.

SBell

Well here you go http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dinosaur-Parasaurolophus-1996-Safari-Ltd-/170907142369?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27cadc08e1 ^-^

Yes, it's an older model--much before the WS improvements.

Primeval12

What's retiring this year?

Balaur

Quote from: SBell on September 08, 2012, 02:15:33 PM

Well here you go http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dinosaur-Parasaurolophus-1996-Safari-Ltd-/170907142369?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27cadc08e1  ^-^

Yes, it's an older model--much before the WS improvements.

That actually looks great, and updated sculptcin a similar pose is called for though, as it looks a bit outdated...

EmperorDinobot

I have the original shiny green Corythosaurus. Yup, that's right. Be jelly!

Would be nice to not see so many theropods, though. More sauropods are in order, and I don't mean Brachiosaurus or Diplodocus. Then again, I could just go to Procon for sauropods...

CityRaptor

Is there a non-shiny green Corythosaurus?

But yes, some updates of older Carnegies would be nice.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

reidak12

I would love to see Carnegie release some new Ceratopsians. I have been waiting for years for a Chasmosaurus. An Einiosaurus would be great too. I've also been waiting for a Carnegie Ceratosaurus. But since Safari just released one, it seems unlikely. :(

SBell

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on September 06, 2012, 12:10:42 AM
My revised list -
(Not including carnegie as we already know)
Toobs -
Pterosaur Toob
Mesozoic Mammals Toob

I don't generally engage in these discussions, but I have to ask--how would a Mesozoic mammal toob work? From a sales and marketing point of view?  While yes, there are differences, overall they would look pretty much the same (other than maybe Castorocauda, Repennomanus and Volaticotherium).  So, for a company to make this they would have to be convinced that a toob that was mostly shrew or possum like little mammals, most of which are pretty obscure, would be a bigger seller than, say, almost anything else.

I realize this is a 'dreams' thread, but still, a concept like this does make me wonder if considering actual marketing isn't a bad thing. I personally would even be in favour of such a thing, but we would be the tiny, poorly-paying minority.

Maybe a 'Mesozoic underfoot' toob that includes 'small' tetrapods?

Horridus

A new Carnegie Lambeosaurus has the potential to be like a more modern version of the Invicta. WANT. Excellent suggestion.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

CityRaptor

Mesozoic Underfoot? That is actually the idea I had when mentioning "Life alongside Dinosaurs" toob. That way one could get some some mammals, but also creatures like Beelzebufo and Hyphalosaurus ( normal and two-headed ).
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

ZoPteryx

EDIT:  Oops, wrong thread! :-[

Blade-of-the-Moon

You know, I bet Malcolm/ Dinonikes could make those in his line. Quite a few of the little buggers to sell considering how small most are .

Gryphoceratops

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 09, 2012, 09:54:47 AM
Is there a non-shiny green Corythosaurus?

But yes, some updates of older Carnegies would be nice.

Collecta made a brownish one a while ago.  Its not pretty though. 

Takama

Comeing from CollectA?

Neanderthal teen and child

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: