You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna figures questionnaire (Collector wishes)

Started by Eofauna, April 09, 2019, 10:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I would like by Eofauna,

A shunosaurus is a rather rare sauropod in the toy market and although the figure of Safari is very good, it still seems a bit small, I would prefer a shunosaurus without scale.

An arrhinoceratops, anchiceratops or chasmosaurus could be good additions.

A majungasaurus would be a beautiful figure by Mojo.

And on the other hand any prehistoric elephant or why not? A paraceratherium

Kapitaenosavrvs

What a great Idea. I often thought about Companys and askig directly the Customers, what to do. One of the few great things nowadays.

BUT: No one wants a fine, feathered Yutyrannus so far? I would love to have a well made Yuty with the Quality and Accuracy of the Giga. The few Yutys we have... i have to admit that im not a big fan. I'll update my List next week. Thank you Eofauna for making this.

Loon

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on December 06, 2019, 12:38:42 AM
BUT: No one wants a fine, feathered Yutyrannus so far? I would love to have a well made Yuty with the Quality and Accuracy of the Giga. The few Yutys we have... i have to admit that im not a big fan. I'll update my List next week. Thank you Eofauna for making this.

Yutyrannus is one of my favorite dinosaurs, so I made the second in terms of priority of theropods on my form.

Number 1, however, had to be Carnotaurus. I think the quality of the skin textures on Eofauna figures is second to none. I don't own the Atlasaurus, nor do I even have a particular attachment or interest in that animal, but the sculpt is one of the best I've seen, and that alone makes me want it. Imagine what Eofauna could do for Carnotaurus, maybe even base the head on that recently discovered photo.

Mirroraptor

I noticed that Eofauna's main focus was on prehistoric beasts in Southern Hemisphere, so my wish was:
-Austroraptor(classic featherless version or feathered version both OK);
-Carnotaurus, A good carnotaurus figure is lacking in the market;
-Deltadromaeus, classic Theropod style or new version both ok.
-Some Pterosaurs, any species both ok.

Shonisaurus

I would like Eofauna an anchiceratops or an arrhinoceratops, those well-known ceraptosides have not even been made by brands like BoTM that deserve a better representation, they are very underrated. Also a protoceratops to compete with the other protoceratops of other brands would be well done by Eofauna. A kosmoceratops, medusaceratops, xenoceratops or utahceratops would be welcome by me since any of those four ceraptosides need even more representation.

A barosaurus by Eofauna would also be a good sauropod idea since it is a fairly well-known dinosaur but its rather obscure toy figure or even dicraeosaurus or barapasaurus that replaces Schleich's barapasaurus.

With regard to elephants a platybelodon, gomphoterium or moeritherium and even an American mammoth, a mammoth meridionalis, or a mammoth imperator or a stegosmastodon or a cuvierionius.

Among the theropods a rajasaurus, siamotyrannus, tarbosaurus. Also a gigantoraptor, therizinosaurus and deinocheirus enters the theropods that trio of theropods would be great are three of my many favorite prehistoric animals.
Also theropods of the tyrannosaurus rex family that are not the emblematic and unrepeatable tyrannosaurus rex (which is a true icon among all prehistoric animals of all time). An albertosaurus, tarbosaurus, gorgosaurus, daspletosaurus, zhuchengtyrannus, alectrosaurus, nanotyrannus, bistahieversor, alioramus or even a yutyrannus that needs more representation other than brand of dinosaurs such as Safari or Rebor.

I hope my recommendations help Eofauna to give them ideas for their new production figures. I deeply admire Eofauna

Sim

I completed the questionnaire some time ago now, but I thought I'd share the animals I expressed an interest in.  As far as I can remember the animals were the following:

Saurornithoides mongoliensis
Troodontids were one of the most successful types of dinosaur, living in varied environments from the Late Jurassic all the way to the end of the Cretaceous.  However there still isn't a good model of one.

Velociraptor mongoliensis
I'd really like to have an Eofauna version of my favourite dinosaur!  I hope that one day I could have a Saurornithoides and Velociraptor in the same scale.

Herrerasaurus
Sinornithosaurus millenii

Suchomimus
If Eofauna wants to make another large theropod I hope they'd pick Suchomimus.

Eoraptor
It would be nice if Eofauna made an Eoraptor.  There isn't a figure of this interesting animal, and Eofauna and Eoraptor start the same way!

Bipedal Riojasaurus
Bipedal Lufengosaurus
Riojasaurus has never been made into a figure while Lufengosaurus hasn't been done well.  I didn't choose Plateosaurus because I think Safari might make one.  There might also be a Plateosaurus from Wild Past.

Gargoyleosaurus

Stegosaurus (representing the S. stenops holotype and not Sophie)
I'm aware of PNSO's version but I don't like it.

Thalassomedon
Rhamphorhynchus
Dorygnathus

Concavenator

avatar_Sim @Sim  I really like your choice of species! If they come to do a dromaeosaur in the future, I personally hope it won't be a Velociraptor, just because there are so many figures of it  :P Any other dromeaosaur would be welcome in my book.

Sim

I'm glad you liked the species I chose!  There have definitely been a lot of Velociraptor figures, but once you take away all the ones that represent the Jurassic Park characters, and the ones that don't have a high level of accuracy, all that's left is the 2017 Wild Safari version and the Beasts of the Mesozoic action figures.  So the 2017 Wild Safari is the only good "model" of Velociraptor.  Meanwhile other dinosaurs have more than one good "model" version, e.g. Giganotosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Spinosaurus, Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Allosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Iguanodon, Styracosaurus, Carnotaurus.  I only have one Velociraptor figure and that is the 2017 Wild Safari.  For a dinosaur as well known as Velociraptor, I'd like to have a second accurate interpretation of this animal with Eofauna's high quality.

If dromaeosaurids which have at least one good model version are excluded, that excludes Microraptor and Deinonychus as well in addition to Velociraptor.  As far as the species I listed are concerned, Stegosaurus also has at least one adequate version.  None of the others have an adequate version though!

Mirroraptor

Yes, there are actually very few accurate Velociraptor figures. Most companies' Velociraptor is actually Deinonychus(most of them are in Jurassic Park style), others have various problems.
The Velociraptor figures I have is Safari 2017 version, Greg Wenzel version, Favorite soft-model Velociraptor and PAPO's feathered raptor. They are all the high quality figures I can find.

Smilodon P.

I'm not much of a fan of their version of velociraptor in the book.

But for the big and famous theropods, I like their rendition of Tyrannosaurus, Deinocheirus and Spinosaurus.

GojiraGuy1954

I chose

Spinosaurus, Yutyrannus, Majungasaurus, Cryolophosaurus, Guanlong

Patagotitan, Barosaurus, Argentinosaurus, Bajadasaurus, Shunosaurus

Edmontosaurus, Magnapaulia, Kosmoceratops, Torosaurus, Euoplocephalus,

Moetherium, Platybelodon, Amebelodon, Mammuthus, American Mastodon,

Megatherium, Thalassocnus, Macroeuphractus, Titanoboa and Paraceratherium.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Concavenator

If Eofauna releases a Triceratops and /or a Tyrannosaurus, I may very well sell my Papo Trike and my 2005 original Papo T.rex  O:-)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on February 07, 2020, 09:33:07 AM
If Eofauna releases a Triceratops and /or a Tyrannosaurus, I may very well sell my Papo Trike and my 2005 original Papo T.rex  O:-)

A triceratops and / or a tyrannosaurus by Eofauna would be great, although I would also like Eofauna to release some obscure species of dinosaur or a prehistoric animal poorly represented in the toy market, a paraceratherium for example?

Concavenator

Not sure on the Tyrannosaurus, but if I had to guess, I would say Eofauna's next dinosaur figure will be a Triceratops.

Shonisaurus

Yes, I have read both for you Concavenator and for other members of the DTF that the next figure will be the triceratops. Welcome be that figure of the most endearing and known ceraptoside of all time !!!

Hopefully it also alternates that figure of a known prehistoric animal with another of an obscure or unknown prehistoric dinosaur or animal such as the atlasaurus or the palaeoloxodon antiquus.

I sincerely wish a gigantoraptor or a platybelodon for putting two examples and even ... a paraceratherium, in case Eofauna skipped the norm of making only prehistoric elephants.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

A Triceratops would be a little disappointing, even though it would be the best Triceratops. A Gigantoraptor would be lovely, as would a Platybelodon and of course avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus beloved Paraceratherium - someone has to make a decent one at some point
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SidB

That would be the benefit of alternating well known/ obscure genera - most people would be satisfied as avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus  mentioned. Something for everybody, eventually.

Sarapaurolophus

I'd be very happy to see small tyrannosaurids like Dilong or Guanlong and small(ish) sauropods like Bajada and Europa.
I was super impressed with the Atlasaurus and would love to see more dinosaurs that aren't already all over the figure market.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SidB on February 08, 2020, 03:46:42 PM
That would be the benefit of alternating well known/ obscure genera - most people would be satisfied as avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus  mentioned. Something for everybody, eventually.

Indeed, Eofauna in relation to its magnificent production of figures metaphorically "rain to everyone's taste" is to say that it satisfies all types of collectors, both those who like dinosaurs and other classic prehistoric animals such as those that fascinate us dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals obscure in the collecting market.

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 08, 2020, 04:47:39 PM
Quote from: SidB on February 08, 2020, 03:46:42 PM

Indeed, Eofauna in relation to its magnificent production of figures metaphorically "rain to everyone's taste" is to say that it satisfies all types of collectors, both those who like dinosaurs and other classic prehistoric animals such as those that fascinate us dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals obscure in the collecting market.
At times I find myself getting a bit impatient at their length of time between releases, but then I remember that their very deliberate, unrushed approach doubtlessly contributes to the careful, meticulous attention to detail evidenced in their products. It's worth the wait.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: