You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna figures questionnaire (Collector wishes)

Started by Eofauna, April 09, 2019, 10:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna, there's one other dinosaur I'd like to see you make, and it's a Spanish species.  It's Europelta!  There's a nice image of it here: http://novataxa.blogspot.com/2013/12/europelta-carbonensis.html

If you decide to do a Spanish dinosaur I hope you'd pick Europelta, or even Pelecanimimus.  There's already good choices for Concavenator figures, e.g. the Wild Safari, Carnegie Collection, Favorite and CollectA versions.  Plus you've already made an allosauroid in Giganotosaurus and it would be good to have different kinds of theropods.

A helpful link might be this post by Scott Hartman which mentions regarding the skeletal of Europelta, "in the paper they only show two rows of armor scutes on the neck, but it should have shown three".: https://www.skeletaldrawing.com/home/europelta

Shonisaurus

I would like Eofauna to make the turiasaurus and blasisaurus are two dinosaurs of the Iberian Peninsula that I do not think they have representation in the toy and collectible figure since for me Eofauna are collectible figures, the turiasaurus is known enough of him to judge by the bone remains, on the other hand although the blasisaurus is not known much about him, it would be interesting that Eofauna did not.

On the other hand a uintatherium (one of my favorite prehistoric mammals) that made the competition to its counterparts of Collecta and Eofauna among other brands would be great. Perhaps it would be the definitive uintatherium in the PVC figures market.

Killekor

If there's something I would like to see from avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna (apart from Epidexipterix and Sinornithosaurus) that's surely Scipionyx. That's another animal that really needs some toy rendition.
If i can suggest something else I'll like also a Tanystropheus, a Quianzhousaurus and a Concavenator.
Lastly I'll like to see a juvenile Spinosaurus, because it would be more interesting for many people than an adult one (not for me: I love Spinosaurus!), and it's also a famous species.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Loon

I will say this till the day I die: PARA-CERA-THERI-UM. Oh, and a Dorudon would be nice.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Loon @Loon Totally agree with you a paraceratherium is necessary to make the Eofauna brand and with a reasonable size, you need that kind of emblematic prehistoric mammal to do justice as it has happened with the Collecta elasmotherium.

tanystropheus

I hope they make the Paramecium a reasonable size.

Concavenator

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 12, 2020, 08:40:03 AM
I hope they make the Paramecium a reasonable size.

A Paramecium??  :o They would have to enlarge it quite a bit for it to be seen  ;D

Just kidding. I assume you mean Paraceratherium  :P

SidB

I hope that Eofauna is still perusing these pages, now and then - I add my voice to the chorus trumpeting "Paraceratherium" (I suppose that for a small increase in cost, they could include some Paramecia in its gut, maybe with a transparent viewing port).

Duna

Quote from: SidB on February 12, 2020, 01:45:01 PM
I hope that Eofauna is still perusing these pages, now and then - I add my voice to the chorus trumpeting "Paraceratherium" (I suppose that for a small increase in cost, they could include some Paramecia in its gut, maybe with a transparent viewing port).
Last year, looking at the fantastic prehistoric elephants, I decided not to buy them because I have little room, but I reserved a place (on top of the cabinet) for a Eofauna Deinotherium, Mammuthus primigenius, Elasmotherium or Coelodonta and Paraceratherium. The first one in my list is now on its place, waiting patiently for the others :)

SidB

Quote from: Duna on February 12, 2020, 04:15:13 PM
Last year, looking at the fantastic prehistoric elephants, I decided not to buy them because I have little room, but I reserved a place (on top of the cabinet) for a Eofauna Deinotherium, Mammuthus primigenius, Elasmotherium or Coelodonta and Paraceratherium. The first one in my list is now on its place, waiting patiently for the others :)
I respect your self-discipline as a collector, avatar_Duna @Duna.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SidB on February 12, 2020, 05:33:18 PM
Quote from: Duna on February 12, 2020, 04:15:13 PM
I respect your self-discipline as a collector, avatar_Duna @Duna.

That self-discipline when buying prehistoric animal figures is admirable avatar_Duna @Duna

Sim

I'd be happy to see a Sinornithosaurus from avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna.  I wouldn't be interested in a Spinosaurus by Eofauna.  There are many good versions of Spinosaurus available based on the latest reconstruction e.g. CollectA's three Spinosaurus, the Wild Safari, the Papo, the PNSO, the Schleich, the Favorite soft model, and even Rebor is making a Spinosaurus.  Meanwhile poor Suchomimus is getting nothing and very much needs a new figure!  I hope Eofauna will make a Suchomimus, I'm confident it has the popularity to sell well, and it would be more interesting than yet another Spinosaurus or Baryonyx.

Shonisaurus

A spinosaurus by Eofauna would be great could make competition to figures of the same species of Rebor, Papo, Safari or Collecta.

I would also like a gigantoraptor as I have already commented and a therizinosaurus since the current versions of therizinosaurus, including Papo and Collecta, remain unconvinced.

Shadowknight1

It's my favorite dinosaur, so I would never say no to another Acrocanthosaurus to grace my shelves.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Killekor

Quote from: Sim on February 12, 2020, 08:56:47 PM
I'd be happy to see a Sinornithosaurus from avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna.

I absolutely approve this post! Although I would also like a Spinosaurus from avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna .

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

SidB

Quote from: Sim on February 12, 2020, 08:56:47 PM
I'd be happy to see a Sinornithosaurus from avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna.  I wouldn't be interested in a Spinosaurus by Eofauna.  There are many good versions of Spinosaurus available based on the latest reconstruction e.g. CollectA's three Spinosaurus, the Wild Safari, the Papo, the PNSO, the Schleich, the Favorite soft model, and even Rebor is making a Spinosaurus.  Meanwhile poor Suchomimus is getting nothing and very much needs a new figure!  I hope Eofauna will make a Suchomimus, I'm confident it has the popularity to sell well, and it would be more interesting than yet another Spinosaurus or Baryonyx.
Normally I tend to go quickly to the classics. but I have to back Sim's thumbs-down to the Spinosaurus, simply because this is Eofauna. They make the best figures and would make a state-of-the-art Spino, BUT since they release these figures at such a deliberate, measured pace, this production would come at the expense of something that is lacking in the market and is really needed. My vote, again, is for a Paraceratherium, though I'd snap up a Massospondylus, Plateosaurus or any prosauropod.

Volgadraco

Well, it's a difficult question, but here's my top of taxa I'd love to see from eofauna in the next releases:
1. Thereopods
Utahraptor
Tarrbosaurus
Yutyrannus
Gorgosaurus
Alioramus

2. Ornitishia
Edmontosaurus
Olorotitan
Saurolophus
Triceratops
Kulindadromeus

3. sauropods
eh, I'm not a huge fan of this group, but a camarasaurus or plateosourus would be more than welcomed

4. Proboscidea
American Mastodon
Paleoloxodon falconers
Columbian mammoth
moeritherium
Phiomia

5. Others
Paraceratherium
Hyeanodon
Hipparion
Syndyoceras
Homotherium

GojiraGuy1954

ok so I revised my list

1. Spinosaurus, Deinocheirus, Therizinosaurus, Ichthyovenator, Tyrannosaurus rex
2. Argentinosaurus, Plateosaurus, Maraapunisaurus, Riojasaurus, Giraffatitan
3. Borealopelta, Ankylosaurus, Triceratops, Protoceratops, Magnapaulia
4. Moeritherium, Arsinoitherium, Mammuthus primigenius (Woolly Mammoth), Platybelodon
5. Megatherium, Elasmotherium, Kelenken, Megalania, Titanoboa
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

Eofauna could make a sivatherium is a prehistoric mammal in a way known to all fans of the prehistoric world.

On the other hand, I don't know if I would like a paraceratherium next year or this one from Eofauna.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 13, 2020, 08:12:07 AM
A spinosaurus by Eofauna would be great could make competition to figures of the same species of Rebor, Papo, Safari or Collecta.

I would also like a gigantoraptor as I have already commented and a therizinosaurus since the current versions of therizinosaurus, including Papo and Collecta, remain unconvinced.
PNSO's Spino is my favourite accurate one on the market but I don't want to give them money until they start to lower their prices back to the previous levels so I hope EoFauna makes one. Plus SPino is my favourite dinosaur, I have like 9 figures of it
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: