News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2021 Hopes and Dreams!

Started by suspsy, October 29, 2019, 09:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Much as I'd like to see a new Apatosaurus from them in the 1/35-1/40 scale range, I'm very doubtful that that size of figure will get released by them due to the current weight and size issues around shipping costs. I think that the Camarasaurus and Amargasaurus represent the upper range of heft in this scale range. Still, avatar_suspsy @suspsy 's list is a good source to mine for potential releases from the past.

suspsy

Quote from: Concavenator on April 18, 2020, 10:58:21 AM

Quote from: suspsy on April 18, 2020, 06:03:54 AMBoth were produced for the Wild Safari line a very long time ago.

That's exactly the reason why I believe they will be resculpted. I am aware of those models.

Then you should also be aware that I was referring specifically to Carnegie toys that have yet to be included in the Wild Safari line in my post, not old Wild Safari toys.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

My greatest wish is that Safari make diplodocus, apatosaurus, brontosaurus, brachiosaurus or giraffatitan of an acceptable size at 1:40 or 1:35 scale and that they are made of solid PVC and not hollow like that of other brands and companies of toy dinosaurs.

My dream is that in the future they will make a Turiasaurus that is one of the best preserved sauropods in Europe or a Europasaurus in this case small scale of 1:40 or 1:35 by Safari.

suspsy

Quote from: SidB on April 18, 2020, 12:17:00 PM
Much as I'd like to see a new Apatosaurus from them in the 1/35-1/40 scale range, I'm very doubtful that that size of figure will get released by them due to the current weight and size issues around shipping costs. I think that the Camarasaurus and Amargasaurus represent the upper range of heft in this scale range. Still, avatar_suspsy @suspsy 's list is a good source to mine for potential releases from the past.

Personally, I'd be more than fine without a new Deltadromeus. No skull material currently exists and there's disagreement over whether it's a neovenatorid, a tyrannosauroid, or a basal coelurosaur. Don't really much care about a new Apatosaurus either. The 2010 WS one is still a masterpiece, even if the nostrils may not be placed properly.

I'd be all over a new Albertosaurus, Corythosaurus, and Tanystropheus, though!

Takama

If they wont give us a new Apatosaurus,  then at least give us there take on Brontosaurus thats as Big as there Camarasaurus,

And i know i said this before,   but also Brachiosaurus thats 1:50 Scale or AS BIG AS THERE OVERSIZED AMARGASAURUS.

If they wont give us a new Brachiosaurus, then give us a Giraffatitian thats as big as there Amargasuarus. 

stargatedalek

Quote from: Takama on April 18, 2020, 09:54:10 PM
If they wont give us a new Apatosaurus,  then at least give us there take on Brontosaurus thats as Big as there Camarasaurus,

And i know i said this before,   but also Brachiosaurus thats 1:50 Scale or AS BIG AS THERE OVERSIZED AMARGASAURUS.

If they wont give us a new Brachiosaurus, then give us a Giraffatitian thats as big as there Amargasuarus.
I for one love the big Amargasaurus. It was a relatively small animal, so it's fun to have a sauropod in scale with animals they're normally to large to feasibly be in scale with.

Takama

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 18, 2020, 06:41:02 PM
My greatest wish is that Safari make diplodocus, apatosaurus, brontosaurus, brachiosaurus or giraffatitan of an acceptable size at 1:40 or 1:35 scale and that they are made of solid PVC and not hollow like that of other brands and companies of toy dinosaurs.

My dream is that in the future they will make a Turiasaurus that is one of the best preserved sauropods in Europe or a Europasaurus in this case small scale of 1:40 or 1:35 by Safari.

The current Safari Diplodocus IS 1:40 Scale

Plus, its a recent addtion to the line, i doubt it will be remand anytime soon

austrosaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on April 18, 2020, 10:58:21 AM

Quote from: suspsy on April 18, 2020, 06:03:54 AMBoth were produced for the Wild Safari line a very long time ago.

That's exactly the reason why I believe they will be resculpted. I am aware of those models. Both the Apatosaurus and the Brachiosaurus were released in 2010. Carnegie released their latest Brachiosaurus in 2012, and now that it's gone, it's understood that Safari might want to release a new one (though I personally hope they won't, as I already have the magnificent Carnegie version).

And even Carnegie was working on releasing an Apatosaurus resculpt for 2016, but since Safari closed the line, it couldn't be shown. So I wouldn't be surprised if one of Safari's next releases was a new Apatosaurus.

And the 1996 Brachiosaurus that you mention is completely pointless. There was also a Carcharodontosaurus released from them that year and it got resculpted 4 years ago. Safari also had an old Suchomimus, which I think  was released after 1996 and it also got an updated version in 2014.

Onto what I'm hoping to see from Safari for 2021, all I want to see are some figures. They might not release any new figures given the current situation.

I agree with you that there are quite a few of the old Wild Safari animals that need to be remade for the new "combined" line - top of the list would be Gorgosaurus, Leptoceratops and Hypacrosaurus for mine. And while I think there may be a chance we could see a reduced number of new models for 2021, I don't think they'd cease production entirely.

Loon

I'm probably in the minority, and probably a little biased, as I own and am pretty happy with many of the figures people want remade; but, I'd rather see new species introduced. I'd love to see things like Hatzegopteryx, Kulindadromeus, Dorudon, Amphicyon, Pinacosaurus, Sinoceratops, and, of course, Paraceratherium.

But, I will agree that some of those older figures really need updates. Corythosaurus, Albertosaurus, Plateosaurus, Therizinosaurus, Yangchuanosaurus, Australoptihecus (long shot, I know), and Guanlong are in desperate need of new figures. Also, I wouldn't mind a slightly larger Megatherium.

austrosaurus

Quote from: Loon on April 19, 2020, 12:51:30 AM
I'm probably in the minority, and probably a little biased, as I own and am pretty happy with many of the figures people want remade; but, I'd rather see new species introduced. I'd love to see things like Hatzegopteryx, Kulindadromeus, Dorudon, Amphicyon, Pinacosaurus, Sinoceratops, and, of course, Paraceratherium.

But, I will agree that some of those older figures really need updates. Corythosaurus, Albertosaurus, Plateosaurus, Therizinosaurus, Yangchuanosaurus, Australoptihecus (long shot, I know), and Guanlong are in desperate need of new figures. Also, I wouldn't mind a slightly larger Megatherium.
I'd really like a Witton-style Hatzegopteryx as well, preferably quadrupedal and bounding after a prey animal. Pinacosaurus would be great as well, I'd finally be able to get rid of my old chinasaur.

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Turiasaurus itself is a bit too fragmentary to make a model that would be satisfactorily accurate, but a close relative like Moabosaurus would be a really good and unique option.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: austrosaurus on April 19, 2020, 06:05:56 AM
Quote from: Loon on April 19, 2020, 12:51:30 AM

I'd really like a Witton-style Hatzegopteryx as well, preferably quadrupedal and bounding after a prey animal. Pinacosaurus would be great as well, I'd finally be able to get rid of my old chinasaur.

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Turiasaurus itself is a bit too fragmentary to make a model that would be satisfactorily accurate, but a close relative like Moabosaurus would be a really good and unique option.

A @austrosaurus Yes, it is true the turiasaurus is fragmentary although its skull is preserved so it would be a good option by Safari for 2021 a moabosaurus or perhaps another obscure sauropod in the toy dinosaur market.

suspsy

Actually, Turiasaurus is one of the best-known sauropods in Europe, and the world for that matter. Many sauropod toys have been made with far less available fossil material.

Sim

The species I'd most want to get a new version is Rhamphorhynchus.  I'm not interested in buying any pterosaur figure until someone makes a good Rhamphorhynchus or Dorygnathus.  Others I'd like to see remade are Plateosaurus, Utahraptor, Cryolophosaurus and Tanystropheus.  The Carnegie Cryolophosaurus is good but I think it can be topped by a feathered Cryolophosaurus figure.

For new species, I'd most like Dorygnathus if Rhamphorhynchus isn't remade.  I'd also like the following to be made: Herrerasaurus, Saurornithoides, Chasmosaurus and a long necked plesiosauroid with smooth skin.

John

Quote from: Sim on April 19, 2020, 06:28:07 PM
The species I'd most want to get a new version is Rhamphorhynchus.  I'm not interested in buying any pterosaur figure until someone makes a good Rhamphorhynchus or Dorygnathus.  Others I'd like to see remade are Plateosaurus, Utahraptor, Cryolophosaurus and Tanystropheus.  The Carnegie Cryolophosaurus is good but I think it can be topped by a feathered Cryolophosaurus figure.

For new species, I'd most like Dorygnathus if Rhamphorhynchus isn't remade.  I'd also like the following to be made: Herrerasaurus, Saurornithoides, Chasmosaurus and a long necked plesiosauroid with smooth skin.
Yes,an updated Rhamphorhynchus would be nice to see!And I'll second all of the new species mentioned too. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Skorpio V.

My mind is eternally stuck on Hell Creek's fauna. We've seen Safari do a Torosaurus for the Sue at the Field Museum line, and it needs to be enlarged. Safari's proven they can do feathered dromaeosaurs, so a Dakotaraptor (whether that be in 1/35 or larger scale) would be at the very least amazing. Well, that is unless they pull a Papo on us and give us some odd pose like it in the middle of a breakdance routine.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

austrosaurus

Quote from: suspsy on April 19, 2020, 01:44:13 PM
Actually, Turiasaurus is one of the best-known sauropods in Europe, and the world for that matter. Many sauropod toys have been made with far less available fossil material.

Oh, never mind then! I'd be really happy with a Turiasaurus model then!

Quote from: Sim on April 19, 2020, 06:28:07 PM

Strong second on the Rhamphorhynchus, the current one is pretty terrible as far as Safari goes, but still blows 99% of other efforts out of the water. I think Herrerasaurus would be a really strong option to go alongside the Prestosuchus, while a somewhat obscure plesiosaur like Ophthalmothule or Aristonectes would be really good.

darth daniel

One more vote for Turiasaurus, though actually I´d prefer it to be made by Eofauna.

My wishes for Safari are the same as last year: Euhelopus, Mamenchisaurus, Rapetosaurus, ... I´d also love to see some very basal sauropodomorphs, like the often-mentioned Plateosaurus, Melanorosaurus, Lessemsaurus, Ingentia, Pulanesaura and Vulcanodon, though I think the skulls of most of these are unknown.

I wish Safari would do a "line" of Hadrosaurids like they did with Ceratopsians - I think Doug´s Gryposaurus and Parasaurolophus are amongst his most stunning figures. Hopefully he will one day give us Lambeosaurus, Corythosaurus, Magnapaulia or Velafrons.

austrosaurus

One species that should really be a lot more popular than it is is Futalognkosaurus. I can't think of any company that's made one, certainly not any of the "mass-market" ones. It's known from a fair chunk of the skeleton, way more than some mainstays like Brachiosaurus, and has some really interesting and unique anatomical features. The only thing I can think of that's holding it back is that Argentinosaurus has been The Big Titanosaur for decades and still has only been made once (by CollectA), so it probably gets priority should Safari decide to make one of the supersauropods.

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on April 18, 2020, 09:14:18 PM
Quote from: SidB on April 18, 2020, 12:17:00 PM

I'd be all over -------Tanystropheus, though!

Thank you, I appreciate it  ^-^

OpalRaptor

i would like to see a safari ltd heterodontosaurus for 2021

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: