News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2021 Hopes and Dreams!

Started by suspsy, October 29, 2019, 09:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

A protoceratops by Safari 2020 would be an almost necessary figure, if not essential by Safari 2021. Considering that Collecta has a magnificent figure, Doug could make that primitive ceraptoside that so many paleontological remains are preserved of him.

On the other hand I would like a kosmoceratops or a medusaceratops by Safari, in style of size and quality to the kosmoceratops of the Jetoar kosmoceratops.

suspsy

I'd much rather Safari do a Udanoceratops or a new Leptoceratops than Protoceratops.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: suspsy on April 13, 2020, 12:52:23 PM
I'd much rather Safari do a Udanoceratops or a new Leptoceratops than Protoceratops.
oh this, especially a Udanoceratops. That would be a fantastic addition
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Concavenator

Quote from: suspsy on April 13, 2020, 12:52:23 PM

I agree, we already have excellent Protoceratops figures (CollectA's and Wild Past's versions), plus the upcoming BOTM one.

The ceratopsians I most want to see from Safari are Pentaceratops, Torosaurus, and Utahceratops. A Chasmosaurus would be fine too, but they already have that gorgeous Vagaceratops. We need more good Chasmosaurinae figures, they tend to be overshadowed by Centrosaurinae models and I don't really understand why, chasmosaurines are (in my opinion) more impressive.

Shonisaurus

avatar_suspsy @suspsy avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Man, a udanoceratops or a new leptoceratops seeing like this is much more interesting considering that these two species of dinosaurs are very little treated in the toy market. I believe that to date no udanoceratops has been made as a toy figure or even as a collectible figure (resin).

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator I agree in your opinion that they make a chasmosaurus, torosaurus (an inexplicably little treated figure in the toy market) and even a pentaceratops or utahceratops. I want a chasmosaurus literally speaking from Safari and not the magnificent representation of the vagaceratops I want a chasmosaurus with frontal horns and if not an arrhinoceratops or anchiceratops is possible.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Dino_Soros on April 13, 2020, 04:02:02 AM
With the recent additions of Shuuvisaurus, Postusuchus, Prestosuchus, and Gorgosaurus, I'd love to see more Permian and Triassic Fauna. Especially some underrepresented yet well known non-mammalian therapsids.

Amphibians:

Platyhystrix

Eryops

A Trematosaurid

Diadectes

Synapsids:

Castorocauda

Cotylorhynchus

Edaphosaurus

Moschops

Estemmenosuchus

A species of Lystrosaurus

Lisowicia

Non-Dinosaur Reptiles:

Pareiasaur

Rutiodon

Desmatosuchus

Typothorax

Simosuchus

Armadillosuchus

Hyperodapedon

Dinosaurs:

Plateosaurus - The last figure they released was in a nearly kangaroo posture a long time ago.

I co-sign this entire list.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

John

The Wild Past Protoceratops is much too small in size for it's price,and the CollectA one is ruined by their insistence on giving things an ugly jointed movable jaw,so I would very much welcome a Protoceratops from Safari Ltd.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Shonisaurus

avatar_John @John I would also like a protoceratops with an acceptable size by Safari as Doug knows how to do it and without articulated jaw. Totally agree with you regarding the articulated jaw of the Collecta protoceratops ruins his figure.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I think the little Wild Past Protoceratops  is perfect sized, though a 1:10 ish scaled Protoceratops to scale with the Velociraptor from safari would still be pleasing. Though I would take a Udanoceratops over any other Ceratopsian right now. If it had to be a new Ceratopsid, I'd like Chasmosaurus though preferably a really small figure of one.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Loon

Quote from: John on April 14, 2020, 04:26:01 PM
The Wild Past Protoceratops is much too small in size for it's price,and the CollectA one is ruined by their insistence on giving things an ugly jointed movable jaw,so I would very much welcome a Protoceratops from Safari Ltd.

The Wild Past one is made by a very small company, so the price is going to be a bit more obviously. And still, it's only like $12; so, what's the problem?

John

Quote from: Loon on April 17, 2020, 12:09:43 AM

The Wild Past one is made by a very small company, so the price is going to be a bit more obviously. And still, it's only like $12; so, what's the problem?
$12 is too much for something that is less than 3 inches long.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

austrosaurus

Quote from: John on April 18, 2020, 12:36:42 AM

Don't buy it then.

John

Quote from: austrosaurus on April 18, 2020, 02:27:57 AM
Quote from: John on April 18, 2020, 12:36:42 AM

Don't buy it then.
Instead of getting upset,think of it as one less collector getting in the way of you getting something that you want.Especially since as a small company,what Wild Past makes will likely end up being rare.

John

I'm going to agree that it would be nice to see a new Plateosaurus turn up eventually. :)

SidB

Quote from: John on April 18, 2020, 03:47:13 AM
I'm going to agree that it would be nice to see a new Plateosaurus turn up eventually. :)
Speaking of Plateosaurus, isn't that one of the remaining Carnegies that Safari has yet to issue a replacement for ... a Triassic dinosaur would be very welcome. No doubt this wish has already been expressed.

suspsy

Quote from: SidB on April 18, 2020, 05:33:33 AM
Speaking of Plateosaurus, isn't that one of the remaining Carnegies that Safari has yet to issue a replacement for ...

Yes. There's also Albertosaurus, Baryonyx, Beipeiosaurus, Caudipteryx, Corythosaurus, Cryolophosaurus, Deinosuchus, Deltadromeus, Dilong, Euoplocephalus, Maiasaura, Miragaia, Oviraptor, Protoceratops, Saltasaurus, Sinraptor, and Tanystropheus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

John

Quote from: SidB on April 18, 2020, 05:33:33 AM
Speaking of Plateosaurus, isn't that one of the remaining Carnegies that Safari has yet to issue a replacement for ... a Triassic dinosaur would be very welcome. No doubt this wish has already been expressed.
Yes,it is.To be honest,it would hardly be much of a surprise to me to see a new Plateosaurus turn up sooner or later.The same with anything suspy mentioned above.As for something totally new,I would be happy to see anything from any era turn up. :)

Concavenator

Quote from: suspsy on April 18, 2020, 06:03:54 AMYes. There's also Baryonyx, Oviraptor

There's also Brachiosaurus and Apatosaurus.

I'm not holding my breath to see an Oviraptor from them as they introduced the Citipati last year and the description they used for it was that Oviraptor is actually much less known than Citipati and that it's based on it.

And regarding Baryonyx, I think it's likely that we will see some of the others you mention before it, because they released the Suchomimus in 2014.

They might release a Cryolophosaurus and a Miragaia, but if I were them, I would go for other species instead. Really the Carnegie versions of those two are very difficult to top.

Concavenator

Quote from: suspsy on April 18, 2020, 06:03:54 AMBoth were produced for the Wild Safari line a very long time ago.

That's exactly the reason why I believe they will be resculpted. I am aware of those models. Both the Apatosaurus and the Brachiosaurus were released in 2010. Carnegie released their latest Brachiosaurus in 2012, and now that it's gone, it's understood that Safari might want to release a new one (though I personally hope they won't, as I already have the magnificent Carnegie version).

And even Carnegie was working on releasing an Apatosaurus resculpt for 2016, but since Safari closed the line, it couldn't be shown. So I wouldn't be surprised if one of Safari's next releases was a new Apatosaurus.

And the 1996 Brachiosaurus that you mention is completely pointless. There was also a Carcharodontosaurus released from them that year and it got resculpted 4 years ago. Safari also had an old Suchomimus, which I think  was released after 1996 and it also got an updated version in 2014.

Onto what I'm hoping to see from Safari for 2021, all I want to see are some figures. They might not release any new figures given the current situation.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: