News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2021 Hopes and Dreams!

Started by suspsy, October 29, 2019, 09:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I would like a megaraptor, a callovosaurus and a europelta among the new dinosaurs by Safari in the year 2021.

A barosaurus and a barapasaurus would be necessary as sauropods are fairly obscure figures on the toy market. I honestly don't like Schleich's barapasaurus and I want to replace that figure with a more scientific and interesting one.

therizinosaurus

Would love to see Safari Ltd. take on a Seymouria/Cacops-like amphibian or a basal ceratopid (not as basal as the PNSO Liaoceratops or Collecta Koreaceratops, but not as derived as Protoceratops/Zuniceratops). Montanoceratops?

SidB

Quote from: therizinosaurus on May 10, 2020, 12:38:48 AM
Would love to see Safari Ltd. take on a Seymouria/Cacops-like amphibian or a basal ceratopid (not as basal as the PNSO Liaoceratops or Collecta Koreaceratops, but not as derived as Protoceratops/Zuniceratops). Montanoceratops?
Agreed - we need another ancient amphibian, since Bullyland's Mastodonsaurus is pretty scarce and as for the ceratopid, who wouldn't be up for another Doug Watson addition to his  superb collection  of this branch of ornithischians.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Jose S.M.

I would like to see a Maiasaura but since they made Edmontosaurus I doubt it. An updated Postosuchus would be nice.  Another pterosaur in a walking pose and more non Mesozoic animals.

Shonisaurus

I would like an exotic ceraptósido like the medusaceratops, kosmoceratops, arrhinoceratops, anchiceratops or achelousaurus apart from another ceraptósido better known as the chasmosaurus, protoceratops or Centrosaurus.

Eventually I would like Safari to do all these ceratopsides mentioned and especially made by Doug Watson.

Concavenator

Quote from: Jose S.M. on May 10, 2020, 03:26:36 PM
I would like to see a Maiasaura

I would love an up to date Maiasaura model, it's one of my favorite hadrosaurids. I don't think it's that unlikely that Safari will eventually get to release it, as it was featured in the Carnegie Collection and retired a few years ago. Perhaps it will be their next hadrosaur figure.

Irritation

My wishlist:
Remakes:
Deltadromeus
Maiasaura (with nest)
Andrewsarchus
Saltasaurus
Euoplocephalus
Scutosaurus

New Creatures:
Titanis
A Labyrinthodont
Centrosaurus
Nyctosaurus
Dire Wolf
Placerias

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: suspsy on May 10, 2020, 02:30:01 PM
I'd love to see Prionosuchus.

I've been putting this one on my Safari wishlist for the past few years!

suspsy

Know what else I'd love to see from Safari next year? More toys sculpted by the mystery artist responsible for the 2017 Diplodocus and Anzu.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on May 16, 2020, 08:23:15 PM
Know what else I'd love to see from Safari next year? More toys sculpted by the mystery artist responsible for the 2017 Diplodocus and Anzu.

I would also like more figures made by that sculptor and also by the Amargasaurus sculptor from Safari last version of 2018. I honestly don't dislike that figure even though it has gaunt lips. It is a super-interesting and decent-sized amargasaurus figure.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 16, 2020, 09:30:43 PM
I would also like more figures made by that sculptor and also by the Amargasaurus sculptor from Safari last version of 2018. I honestly don't dislike that figure even though it has gaunt lips. It is a super-interesting and decent-sized amargasaurus figure.

Gee thanks guys! :'(

suspsy

Come on, avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson. Just because I like pizza doesn't mean I can't like spaghetti with meatballs as well.

Doug Watson

Quote from: suspsy on May 16, 2020, 11:32:12 PM
Come on, avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson. Just because I like pizza doesn't mean I can't like spaghetti with meatballs as well.

Hey you are free to like and want anything you want just don't expect the guy who makes the pizza to like it if he is making less money because you want spaghetti and meatballs.

suspsy

Quote from: Doug Watson on May 17, 2020, 02:20:11 AM
Quote from: suspsy on May 16, 2020, 11:32:12 PM

Hey you are free to like and want anything you want just don't expect the guy who makes the pizza to like it if he is making less money because you want spaghetti and meatballs.

Touché. I just think that sculptor is clearly very talented and I'd be very interested to see their take on other species. But it's easy to want that when you're part of the audience and not the competition.

Stegotyranno420

Its okay Doug, you brought the golden era of safari figures after the fall of the Carnegie collection. The Tyrannosaurus, ankylosaurus, triceratops, dunkleosteus, liopleurodon, postosuchus, mastodon, monophlosaurus, edmontosaurus, styracosaurus, pteranodon and many others are incredible figures. Honestly you're my favorite sculptor at the company, tied with Forest Rogers and the person who made the 2017 Giganotosaurus, maybe even better.
I also like how you have different styles, from rugged and monstrous, to fluffy and fat, and seeing your 2020 figures reminded me of the art by C.M Koseman.  .

Stegotyranno420

My list is Rajasaurus, Torvosaurus, 1:40 scale sauropod(any sauropod larger than 20 meters), A Carcharodontosaur, or erythosuchus

Shonisaurus

avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson Doug, I really like your figures, I think they are the best in the market for toy dinosaurs, but that does not mean that your colleagues in the Safari brand profession also make very good figures. On the other hand, in this case, the amargasaurus from Safari has a defect and they are the lack of lips, an aspect that is not observed in the malawisaurus made by you and that is the best dinosaur figure by the magazine Prehistoric Times of 2018.  ;)

Doug Watson

Quote from: suspsy on May 17, 2020, 04:42:25 AM

Touché. I just think that sculptor is clearly very talented and I'd be very interested to see their take on other species. But it's easy to want that when you're part of the audience and not the competition.
[/quote]
It''s a sad fact that when a freelancer like me joins an existing line up of other freelancers someone gets less work. When I started with Safari in 2003 it meant I was taking work from someone else. Same thing when they finally gave me prehistoric work there was someone doing them before me who wasn't getting the work anymore. I was happy but at the same time I felt for that person. Eventually I will be replaced, I will either retire or someone they like better will come along.

DinoToyForum

The same artist was responsible for the Amargasaurus, Anzu, Kronosaurus, Diplodocus, Malawisaurus, Microraptor, Giganotosaurus, and Quetzalcoatlus. Those figures were all a collaborative effort between the sculptor and the scientific consultant (me). I suspect Safari Ltd have since turned to Doug for all of their dino figures because that way they can do away with the consultant. :P But I don't know.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: