News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2021 Hopes and Dreams!

Started by suspsy, October 29, 2019, 09:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 17, 2020, 03:42:06 PM
Quote from: suspsy on May 16, 2020, 08:23:15 PM
Know what else I'd love to see from Safari next year? More toys sculpted by the mystery artist responsible for the 2017 Diplodocus and Anzu.

The same artist was responsible for the Amargasaurus, Anzu, Kronosaurus, Diplodocus, Malawisaurus, Microraptor, Giganotosaurus, and Quetzalcoatlus. Those figures were all a collaborative effort between the sculptor and the scientific consultant (me). I suspect Safari Ltd have since turned to Doug for all of their dino figures because that way they can do away with the consultant. :P But I don't know.

Ah yes, those are all fantastic toys, easily some of the best sculpts I've ever seen in all my years of collecting. And how cool that you were the consultant on them.

Again, whoever the sculptor is, I hope they end up making dinosaur toys again for somebody if not Safari.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

I thought the malawisaurus was a creation of Doug Watson, I see that I was wrong, I apologize to both sculptors, both are great. :-[

SidB

Yes, as much as I love Doug's stuff, I really appreciate the work of the "mystery artist" as well. The Giganotosaurus and Kronosaurus are two of my favorites from the time of the Safari revival (post Carnegie)to the present.

I must say though, I hope  that Doug is able to do some ceratopsian magic for 2021.

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

I wish that in 2021 Safari Ltd. present us with  updated and accurate Baryonyx, Suchomimus, updated Carcharodontosaurus, updated Nigersaurus, Ouranosaurus, Zhuchengtyrannus, Gorgosaurus, Tarbosaurus or Daspletosaurus. Any one of them will be warmly welcome, but I shall definitely prefer the sepectacular theropods than the sauropods/ornithopods.

triceratops83

Anyone remember if the Arsinoitherium was re-released with the other mammals? If not, I'd like for it to be in the 2021 line-up. We don't have a good main stream version of it - the Collecta one is ghastly.

I would also love either a Brontosaurus or Alamosaurus to be done in 1:35 scale, and of course a re-do of either Maiasaura, Hypacrosaurus or Corythosaurus.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

austrosaurus

Quote from: triceratops83 on May 26, 2020, 11:40:21 PM
Anyone remember if the Arsinoitherium was re-released with the other mammals? If not, I'd like for it to be in the 2021 line-up. We don't have a good main stream version of it - the Collecta one is ghastly.

It was retired in 2009 with the rest of them and sadly wasn't brought back.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: austrosaurus on May 27, 2020, 02:23:05 AM

It was retired in 2009 with the rest of them and sadly wasn't brought back.

The Andrewsarchus was never re-released either.  :'(

Shonisaurus

I would also love either a Brontosaurus or Alamosaurus to be done in 1:35 scale, and of course a re-do of either Maiasaura, Hypacrosaurus or Corythosaurus.

In my case I would prefer a reissued arsinoitherium and Safari andrewsarchus with a much larger size than their predecessors. Safari arsinoitherium and andrewsarchus are very nice but I wish they were bigger. I wouldn't mind if those prehistoric mammals were re-sculpted with another figure type.

Faelrin

The Andrewsarchus is surprisingly still in stock on Dejankins, at least the last time I checked, so if anyone still wants to pick that one up, I'd act fast. I did wish these two were either reissued or updated though.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Faelrin on May 27, 2020, 04:12:25 PM
The Andrewsarchus is surprisingly still in stock on Dejankins, at least the last time I checked, so if anyone still wants to pick that one up, I'd act fast. I did wish these two were either reissued or updated though.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin I wish more that they were updated and much larger in size, an arsinoitherium even one size larger than its Collecta counterpart and andrewsarchus even larger than its Safari hyaenodon and both with a new sculpture would be welcome to my collection.

triceratops83

Pity about the Arsinoitherium and Andrewsarchus. Hopefully they get re-issued. Also a shame that Mojo didn't add to their prehistoric mammal range while they were knocking it out of the park.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stegotyranno on May 17, 2020, 08:04:48 AM
My list is Rajasaurus, Torvosaurus, 1:40 scale sauropod(any sauropod larger than 20 meters), A large Carcharodontosaur, or erythosuchus
TO add to the list:
Prionosuchus
Rhizodus
Leeditchys
1:40 scale figures of raptors, pterosaurs, fish, birds and other small animals usually made in a larger scale
hyneria
SHonisaurus/Cymbospondylus/shastasaurus
desmatosuchus

Both list 1:40 scale for all

Paleo & Fish Collector

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on March 09, 2020, 11:46:03 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on March 09, 2020, 06:32:15 PM
avatar_profnik @profnik I really agree with that list of yours. I really hope they can make any of those. I would particularly be interested in a Paleozoic toob and of course Tiktaalik.

Thanks for sharing that book and figure set with it as well. I've seen that Arthropleura figure before, but had no idea where it originated from. I'll have to hunt for that at some point.

Of course it would also be nice to see Safari Ltd make an Arthropleura as well, if not other Carboniferous animals like Meganeura, the Tully Monster, and maybe even Hibbertopterus and Eogyrinus, and well probably whatever else from that period I had in that list I put together here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8419.msg247791#msg247791

Hard same. A Paleozoic Toob, or better yet, both a Carboniferous and a Permian Toob, is most needed. It would be the best way to round out my 1:40 scale collection, which is seriously depauperate of Paleozoic critters.

I want to get a prehistoric "dragonfly" (griffinfly rather) that isn't fragile and prone to break. The Kaiyodo and Rebor ones unfortunately do not fulfill that role for me. I'd like to see a Carboniferous toob with some extinct bugs. Right now, I'm stuck with the Innovative Kids arthropleura and the Primeval Carboniferous camel spider.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stegotyranno on May 28, 2020, 12:22:55 AM
My list is Rajasaurus, Torvosaurus, 1:40 scale sauropod(any sauropod larger than 20 meters), A large Carcharodontosaur, or erythosuchus
TO add to the list:
Prionosuchus
Rhizodus
Leeditchys
1:40 scale figures of raptors, pterosaurs, fish, birds and other small animals usually made in a larger scale
hyneria
desmatosuchus

Endorsed
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

I'm surprised that neither Safari or CollectA have made a Brachylophosaurus. It's one of the best preserved dinosaur fossils. You don't get to find a dinosaur mummy every day.

Shonisaurus

What I don't understand is that to date and with the exception of Schleich, Safari and no brand of toy dinosaurs has made the shonisaurus or shastasaurus. It is like a gigantic bishop who needs a representation of the world of the toy dinosaur from Safari.

On the other hand except Favorite, Kaiyodo and other prehistoric toy animal companies surprisingly no archelon has been made by western companies, it would be nice if Safari made one.

On the other hand I would like Safari to make fossil invertebrates from the Cambrian and if it could be of a more appetizing size, that is, without scale like the Anomalocares and opabinia of Favorite Soft Model.

Also Safari needs a leedsichthys and xiphactinus those gigantic prehistoric fish I would like Doug or another Safari sculptor to make them.

I reiterate, I have mentioned it in previous posts in this thread, that Safari made an exotic and rare sauropod such as the turiasaurus, europasaurus and even a plateosaurus that reminded us of the exceptional Carnegie plateosaurus.

Safari needs to make a rajasaurus, majugasarusus, megalosaurus, in short, very rare theropods in the toy market and very little represented.

A borealopelta who would accompany his Collecta u zuul counterpart would be welcome for collectors and even children.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 06, 2020, 02:51:39 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on May 28, 2020, 12:22:55 AM
TO add to the list:
Prionosuchus
Rhizodus
Leeditchys
hyneria
desmatosuchus

Endorsed

Seconded! Or am I the third?

GojiraGuy1954

Returning creatures from the carnegie line:
Tanystropheus
Australopithecus
Maiasaura

New creatures:
Ekrixinatosaurus
Nothosaurus
Placerias
Elasmotherium
Borealopelta
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Dinoxels

To be honest I don't care that much what they make, as long as it's done well.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

frank08

Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please!!!!

Nanuqsaurus!!
"How many kinds of dinosaurs would it take to keep a giant carnivore (Tyrannosaurus) well fed? Just about all of them, Torosaurus meat is one of T. rex's personal favorites"- Ben Stiller Prehistoric Planet

And check my art here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8741.msg259622#new

Here is my collection: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8763.msg260287#msg260287

And here are my favorite figures: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8756.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: