News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO—New for 2020

Started by suspsy, January 30, 2020, 03:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 10, 2020, 12:06:31 PM
The only difference in the quality of the figure with respect to the prototype by PNSO of this year 2020 is found only in the machairoceratops, otherwise all the figures including that ceraptóside are better to have them physically than to see them in any type of photography or promotional video or collector's.

I agree with many opinions of many of the DTF members, without a doubt, PNSO is doing a hard job and this great company is taking the limelight away from many companies in Europe and America, and not only is PNSO making outstanding figures, other Chinese dinosaur brands are making a phenomenal and competitive job that is very difficult to beat, such as the Itoy paraceratherium.

This year's PNSO dinosaur figures are hard to beat in the toy dinosaur market at a very high percentage.
I would even argue that the Machairoceratops is still a great figure for this year. Comparing it to other companies releases this year, it stands out, despite its issues in terms of prototype vs. final product.

John

There is one thing that will keep PNSO from taking the limelight from other companies at least here in the States...whether they actually get delivered to the U.S. from China is a crap shoot!
I managed to get the Lambeosaurus when I ordered from Dan's Dinosaurs,but the Tuojiangosaurus I tried to order through Amazon never showed up...I had to get a refund.That unreliability takes PNSO out of the running for me.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Bread

Quote from: John on December 10, 2020, 01:43:17 PM
There is one thing that will keep PNSO from taking the limelight from other companies at least here in the States...whether they actually get delivered to the U.S. from China is a crap shoot!
I managed to get the Lambeosaurus when I ordered from Dan's Dinosaurs,but the Tuojiangosaurus I tried to order through Amazon never showed up...I had to get a refund.That unreliability takes PNSO out of the running for me.
Very true, dealing with same issue currently with Lambeosaurus and Corythosaurus. I recommend to everyone to use Dan's store and refrain from amazon if you are in the United States and are worried about shipping.

I will say that PNSO are quick to reply for any refund requests or answering questions, which I find a great quality in any company.

Blade-of-the-Moon

My recommendation is to wait until after the holidays to order.  Shipping even in the US right now is insane. 

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 10, 2020, 02:47:12 PM
My recommendation is to wait until after the holidays to order.  Shipping even in the US right now is insane.
Good advice. Two of my last four orders through Aliexpress have miscarried, after a string of 17 successful ones. Busy and uncertain times.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SidB on December 10, 2020, 03:07:31 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 10, 2020, 02:47:12 PM
Good advice. Two of my last four orders through Aliexpress have miscarried, after a string of 17 successful ones. Busy and uncertain times.

I have orders all over the place.  From New York to California. Items supposed to have been in last week have been sitting in USPS shipping centers not moving. Our local post office is actually marking things " Delivered, front porch/door" or " No secure location " when they haven't been delivered at all and I'm home sitting here.  Fedex and UPS seem to still work well if you pay for it. But I would avoid the cheaper options in the U.S. and definitely no overseas shipping. There will be a window to ship in January before Chinese New Year in February slows it all down on that end.

Carnoking

I planned to wait until after everything was revealed for most of these anyway. Helps me prioritize!

Halichoeres

Yeah, this is a USPS problem, not a PNSO problem. I just had a package arrive, sent via 1-day Priority Mail, after 6 days in transit from two counties away. A lot of the distribution facilities have had sorting machines removed recently, meaning more of it has to be done by hand. which both takes longer and is more error-prone. I had an order from Dan's disappear several months ago and it still hasn't arrived (I ordered it from him specifically to avoid international shipping, not knowing it would be drop-shipped from China anyway, a mistake I won't make again). I also had an order from Germany that I placed in May arrive in the US in August and then disappear; I haven't seen that one either.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

KeU

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7143335609
On hand pics of the Miragaia.
Looks like the paint apps are closer to the prototype.
I think in general, the $30+ figures have pretty good paint apps, usually the $20+ figures that fall short.

SidB

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 10, 2020, 07:06:42 PM
Yeah, this is a USPS problem, not a PNSO problem. I just had a package arrive, sent via 1-day Priority Mail, after 6 days in transit from two counties away. A lot of the distribution facilities have had sorting machines removed recently, meaning more of it has to be done by hand. which both takes longer and is more error-prone. I had an order from Dan's disappear several months ago and it still hasn't arrived (I ordered it from him specifically to avoid international shipping, not knowing it would be drop-shipped from China anyway, a mistake I won't make again). I also had an order from Germany that I placed in May arrive in the US in August and then disappear; I haven't seen that one either.
Thanks, on behalf of those doomed to suffer the travails of waiting for packages that intermittently vanish into the aether, for sharing these experiences. Misery loves company is not necessarily a very noble emotion, but it is some comfort to know that there are others in solidarity.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 10, 2020, 07:06:42 PM

My Nanmu Ceratosaurus stayed in transit at my local DC for a week before finally moving. My package from the Phillipines has been missing since July it seems we're all in this together lol

Kapitaenosavrvs

A valid point, but i can just speak for Europe or Germany specific. Since we "just" have Schleich and every other Company needs an Online Order, i am used to it. I just think, if you are a Person that is interested in Dinosaur Figures/models and moreover you are in this Forum, ordering via AliExpress e.g. is quite common. At least for PNSO. Since they started working with Amazon (US) it is a Direction. If it is a good one, is up to everyone. But we all know the Issue with collecting Plastic Figures and talking about where to oder or not to order because of "Insert Topic".

Still, PNSO is my No. 1 at the Moment. I have zero problems with the Orders from China. I really hope, that this does not seem rude or something, but i have to agree, that from what i heard over the past year, that the US Postal Service had its Problems. Which is absolutely understandable, considering 2020.
But this is about Figures.

Never had problems, takes a while sometimes, but on AliExpress the shippingcosts are a big Joke. If there are corts at all..
Also, it makes PNSO Figures special to me, because it is not something i can just grab while outside on the Offline World.

No. 1 Company in multiple Terms is something completely different to me.

John

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on December 11, 2020, 02:58:46 PM

A valid point, but i can just speak for Europe or Germany specific. Since we "just" have Schleich and every other Company needs an Online Order, i am used to it. I just think, if you are a Person that is interested in Dinosaur Figures/models and moreover you are in this Forum, ordering via AliExpress e.g. is quite common. At least for PNSO. Since they started working with Amazon (US) it is a Direction. If it is a good one, is up to everyone. But we all know the Issue with collecting Plastic Figures and talking about where to oder or not to order because of "Insert Topic".

Still, PNSO is my No. 1 at the Moment. I have zero problems with the Orders from China. I really hope, that this does not seem rude or something, but i have to agree, that from what i heard over the past year, that the US Postal Service had its Problems. Which is absolutely understandable, considering 2020.
But this is about Figures.

Never had problems, takes a while sometimes, but on AliExpress the shippingcosts are a big Joke. If there are corts at all..
Also, it makes PNSO Figures special to me, because it is not something i can just grab while outside on the Offline World.

No. 1 Company in multiple Terms is something completely different to me.
Yes,what you have heard about the postal service here in the states is quite correct.That's where the problem really comes from.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Bread

Shifting away from the package/transit issues and scenarios, I got some more comparison images if anyone would like to see.
This image kind of brings my point about the Machairoceratops and Miragaia having similar color schemes. I will say that the Miragaia looks better with it, but I really wish PNSO picked a different color scheme with the Machairoceratops.

ceratopsian

They are indeed very similar, avatar_Bread @Bread.  I think the Miragaia works better because it has the flame-orange flare of its dorsal plates to lift it.  I like the Machairoceratops but maybe this one should be a repaint candidate.

Bokisaurus

Very nice, I like how it turned out. I have both on order, now just crossing fingers it arrives without problems.

I don't have issues with the colors or similarities in the scheme after all there are similarities in the animal world, but that just falls on personal preferences.

Faelrin

All three of those certainly have similar palettes. Still they look great together.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bernie Brontosaurus

Quote from: Bread on December 11, 2020, 05:23:51 PM
Shifting away from the package/transit issues and scenarios, I got some more comparison images if anyone would like to see.
This image kind of brings my point about the Machairoceratops and Miragaia having similar color schemes. I will say that the Miragaia looks better with it, but I really wish PNSO picked a different color scheme with the Machairoceratops.

This is one area where PNSO is weaker than Safari and CollectA and Schleich; the colour schemes are kinda dull by comparison!

Carnoking

Similar yes, but for whatever reason the application looks so much stronger on the Miragaia!

Shonisaurus

Maybe they are boring but I honestly like in my case those conservative colors that PNSO applies to their figures sincerely they seem more realistic. On the other hand, the machairoceratops looks much better in that photograph.

Regarding the miragaia, it is a spectacular figure and I think it is much better to see it physically than through videos or photographs. It is a pity that except for the atopodentatus PNSO is only focused this year on dinosaurs there are other prehistoric animals such as mammals, amphibians, pterosaurs, birds, invertebrates and prehistoric reptiles that need a little more love from the PNSO.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: