News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO 2021 Hopes and Dreams

Started by stargatedalek, February 22, 2020, 02:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Eretmorhipis, with a correctly sized head. Please please please.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

I would also love to see some ornithomimosaurs, Deinocheirus or not. They are very beautiful and elegant animals and have almost no representation. Deinocheirus has two good versions by CollectA and Safari but a new version by PNSO would be welcome. In 2016, CollectA made 3 ornithomimosaur models and, with the exception of the Safari Deinocheirus which was released in 2017, we haven't got any ornithomimosaur figure (let alone ornithomimids as a family). Since ED claims PNSO will be very active this year, I hope we get to see at least 1 of them. Any troodontid /alvarezsaurid / scansoriopterygid (Yi might have its chances, and that could be very exciting) would be welcome. Ornithomimosaurs may be extremely under represented on the figure market, but these 3 families simply have no representation whatsoever, which is sad. But that could be fixed! ;)

SenSx

Yes Safari and Collecta Deinocheirus are nice, but I'm not 100% satisfied with them.
The Safari one has the best sculpt and and natural pose to me, but it's a bit small for 1/35 and I find the colors a bit dull although natural.
The Collecta has a better size, and more vivid colors, but the pose is not as good with its arms stretched in front of him.
I opted for the Collecta for now.

I would prefer a Gigantoraptor since no compagnies ever made it as a figure to my knowledge, except PNSO with their miniature and the bronze version, which make their refusal to  produce a 1/35 museum version frustrating.
I don't think I have ever seen a resin kit of it either.

After that, my personnal most wanted is Suchomimus, bad ass Spinosauridae bigger than Baryonnyx, not a fan of the Safari one (weird pose), but there might be a Vitae one on the way.
Then Gorgosaurus or Albertosaurus, classics from my youth, and yet barely no representation as figures :(

Halichoeres

Also, PNSO showed a book on living and extinct sharks, including some great artwork like this:

Is it too much to hope that one day they'll make some of these interesting old fishes rather than yet another meg?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Bread

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 09, 2021, 04:45:21 PM
Is it too much to hope that one day they'll make some of these interesting old fishes rather than yet another meg?
I am hoping for a Helicoprion as they have shown in past artwork. Like the Yutyrannus and Carcharodontosaurus, those figures had artwork released in the past so I am hoping the same could be for Helicoprion.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Bread on May 09, 2021, 06:48:06 PM
I am hoping for a Helicoprion as they have shown in past artwork. Like the Yutyrannus and Carcharodontosaurus, those figures had artwork released in the past so I am hoping the same could be for Helicoprion.

I'd buy a Helicoprion. Truth is, I'd buy almost any prehistoric shark from them except a meg.

suspsy

I'd happily buy a Helicoprion as well. I'd love nothing more than to see PNSO and other companies start focusing on prehistoric sharks other than Megalodon.

With regard to ornithomimosaurs, I'd much prefer if PNSO held off on Deinocheirus in favour of the smaller, more standard genera like Ornithomimus, Dromiceiomimus, and Gallimimus. We haven't had a good quality one since the 2016 CollectA Struthiomimus!

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

Also, PNSO showed a book on living and extinct sharks, including some great artwork like this:

Here's to hoping. Surely they won't do another Megalodon, given how they already have 2 versions in the line, right?

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on May 10, 2021, 12:49:22 AM
With regard to ornithomimosaurs, I'd much prefer if PNSO held off on Deinocheirus in favour of the smaller, more standard genera like Ornithomimus, Dromiceiomimus, and Gallimimus. We haven't had a good quality one since the 2016 CollectA Struthiomimus!
Yesss thank you. I was afraid to say that I don't want another Deinocheirus. I feel like other Ornithomimosaurs are in the shadow of Deinocheirus. I do agree that there needs to be a bigger, more definitive figure for that genus, but I rather any other genus get some spotlight.

Also, mentioned a few posts back regarding their artwork being turned into figures (which quite a few of them have been), the only two to not receive a figure/statue is Helicoprion and Torvosaurus. My fingers are crossed and hopefully I am right as well as the hope for them not to be statues ::)

Patrx

I was really pleased with some of the taxa they selected for miniatures, like Sinosauropteryx, Mei, Tianyulong, Anchiornis and Liaoceratops. While the miniatures themselves are nice, I'd be over the moon for larger and more detailed PVC renditions! Also, yeah, Ornithomimus—such a famous dinosaur with so few figures!

Another Megalodon would put me into a boredom-induced coma  :))

ITdactyl

I'm still holding out hope that they'll release a plastic version of that Thalassodromeus statue.

Bread

We got a Helicoprion, so we can scratch that off the list. Now, since PNSO show they still have some interest in doing some prehistoric marine life, I am kind of hoping for Placodus, Nothosaurus, and Dunkleosteus.

And yes, I know Dunk has plenty of figures. However, absolutely none of them satisfy me.

sauroid

i hope to see Sauropods this year or the coming years from PNSO. if youre worried that they will cost a lot due to size, making them hollow vinyl might reduce the production cost.
also hope to see pterosaurs, marine reptiles and prehistoric mammals and birds. also permian animals.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: sauroid on May 11, 2021, 07:54:25 PM
i hope to see Sauropods this year or the coming years from PNSO. if youre worried that they will cost a lot due to size, making them hollow vinyl might reduce the production cost.
also hope to see pterosaurs, marine reptiles and prehistoric mammals and birds. also permian animals.

At least we already have the helicoprion. When they start to reveal prehistoric mammals or other non-dinosaur prehistoric creatures by the PNSO this is going to be a cascade of loss on the wallets of many of us who are DTF members.

When Zhao Chuang and his team start to commercialize prehistoric animals other than dinosaurs honestly the rest of the toy dinosaur companies will have reason to be concerned, PNSO if it continues like this will be unstoppable.

Halichoeres

Well this has turned out pretty well. I still have my fingers crossed for Eretmorhipis.

Sim

Quote from: SenSx on May 08, 2021, 11:26:36 PM
Yes Safari and Collecta Deinocheirus are nice, but I'm not 100% satisfied with them.
The Safari one has the best sculpt and and natural pose to me, but it's a bit small for 1/35 and I find the colors a bit dull although natural.
The Collecta has a better size, and more vivid colors, but the pose is not as good with its arms stretched in front of him.
I opted for the Collecta for now.

I would prefer a Gigantoraptor since no compagnies ever made it as a figure to my knowledge, except PNSO with their miniature and the bronze version, which make their refusal to  produce a 1/35 museum version frustrating.
I don't think I have ever seen a resin kit of it either.

After that, my personnal most wanted is Suchomimus, bad ass Spinosauridae bigger than Baryonnyx, not a fan of the Safari one (weird pose), but there might be a Vitae one on the way.
Then Gorgosaurus or Albertosaurus, classics from my youth, and yet barely no representation as figures :(

CollectA and Dinowaurs also have a Gigantoraptor.  I'd love a Suchomimus from PNSO!  As for Deinocheirus, I too don't find the existing versions satisfying, although if PNSO were to make one I'm afraid they would make it featherless.  I fear that would be too weird for me, even if Mark Witton suggests that would be more likely than being fully feathered.  Given the aquatic habits of Deinocheirus and the cool temperature of the Nemegt Formation I still favor a fully feathered Deinocheirus.

suspsy

I'd much prefer smaller, more standard ornithomimosaurs like Gallimimus, Struthiomimus, Rativates, etc. I'm rather perplexed by now at PNSO's apparent reluctance to tackle smaller coelurosaurs in their SAM line. If it's a concern about stability without having to resort to a base, well, they're already including those transparent support rods with their bipedal beasts anyway. I'd be perfectly delighted with a PNSO dromaeosaur, ornithomimosaur, oviraptorosaur, therizinosaur, or whatever that required such support.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

sauroid

there's also the old CollectA and Dino Expo Gigantoraptor figures btw. avatar_SenSx @SenSx
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Gwangi

I don't really care what PNSO makes but I am getting tired of the focus on large theropods. I realize theropods are what we wanted earlier in the year, but they've delivered and it's time to move on. More ornithopods, sauropods, and smaller species would be nice. The only large theropod I want from them at this point is Deinocheirus.

Of course there's also an endless list of non-dinosaurs from the Paleozoic and Triassic that I wouldn't mind them focusing on, but PNSO is definitely more into the dinosaurs. And someone, anyone, needs to make some terror birds. 

Bread

Quote from: Gwangi on July 23, 2021, 09:18:45 PM
I don't really care what PNSO makes but I am getting tired of the focus on large theropods. I realize theropods are what we wanted earlier in the year, but they've delivered and it's time to move on. More ornithopods, sauropods, and smaller species would be nice. The only large theropod I want from them at this point is Deinocheirus.

Of course there's also an endless list of non-dinosaurs from the Paleozoic and Triassic that I wouldn't mind them focusing on, but PNSO is definitely more into the dinosaurs. And someone, anyone, needs to make some terror birds.
This. As someone who is trying to limit their collection size, followed by prioritizing some species, I'd like some more smaller species to be focused on. A Psittacosaurus set (or one in general) to be paired with their Yutyrannus would be lovely. Except with small PNSO figures, for example their Pachycephalosaurus, I would hope the price would not be $30+.

I know this is slightly off topic to mention but my main priorities are now Tyrannosaurs, Hadrosaurs, and Nodosaurids (Nodosaurs?), with the exception of some other species that are in the same formation as another (like how I listed I would get a PNSO Psittacosaurus if it were to be made).

Does anyone else want more hadrosaurs from them? I feel like those are amongst the fan favorites (based on forum reactions). A proper Edmontosaurus would be nice. Ouranosaurus would sit lovely with their Spinosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus. I could keep going on about hadrosaurs....

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: