News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaur Series

Started by Faelrin, March 12, 2020, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: suspsy on April 03, 2020, 04:41:04 PM
Quote from: John on April 03, 2020, 02:41:20 PM
The only halfway decent color choice was the Walking With Dinosaurs one,so it should be no surprise that it won.The transformers one was so unnatural looking,I don't even know why it was even considered. :)

Because it was humourous? Because Beast Wars Megatron is awesomeness personified? And because it's really no more unnatural than many of the raptors?

Also, keep in mind that this is the Kickstarter exclusive. There's also going to be a standard T. rex toy with an entirely different colour scheme.
Considering that the Beast Wars Megatron T. rex is mostly purple,are you sure you want to run the risk of it inadvertently looking more like a certain OTHER purple dinosaur from a kid's show?
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Sarapaurolophus

I can see them releasing the 1/35 Rex in multiple colors. After all, this is what happened to the Velociraptor, too.

Quote from: John on April 03, 2020, 07:47:35 PM
The only halfway decent color choice was the Walking With Dinosaurs one,so it should be no surprise that it won.The transformers one was so unnatural looking,I don't even know why it was even considered. :)

Because it was humourous? Because Beast Wars Megatron is awesomeness personified? And because it's really no more unnatural than many of the raptors?

Also, keep in mind that this is the Kickstarter exclusive. There's also going to be a standard T. rex toy with an entirely different colour scheme.
Considering that the Beast Wars Megatron T. rex is mostly purple,are you sure you want to run the risk of it inadvertently looking more like a certain OTHER purple dinosaur from a kid's show?

Rest assured, Beast Wars fans and collectors have compared him to Barney since Day One. We love him, he loves us, we're a happy family~

suspsy

Not at all a concern, because anyone who compares Megatron and Barney side by side can immediately see that they don't have the same colours.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sarapaurolophus

Speaking of childrens media, making one look like Grimlock would have been cool, too. Classic Grimlock in creamy yellows and greys with some metallic/shiny speckles.

Concavenator

Absolutely. I find it pretty reasonable that the WWD color scheme won, I don't like any of the others. And the purple one is a joke  ;D

John

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on April 04, 2020, 12:26:54 PM
I can see them releasing the 1/35 Rex in multiple colors. After all, this is what happened to the Velociraptor, too.

Rest assured, Beast Wars fans and collectors have compared him to Barney since Day One. We love him, he loves us, we're a happy family~
One of them is a terrifying evil overlord who has plans to conquer the universe,and the other one is Megatron. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

I want to 1/18 T-rex in the color of Saurian T-rex (latest featherless version)-R.J Palmer.

Flaffy

Is it just me, or does is the eye placement a smidge too high? Along with the neck being too long, though that could be due to the angle.

(1/18th Juvenile Tyrannosaurus)

EmperorDinobot

It's clearly an early prototype and not the finished product...

Flaffy

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on April 06, 2020, 05:21:46 PM
It's clearly an early prototype and not the finished product...
Wouldn't it be better to bring up constructive criticisms when changes can still be easily made? As opposed to when the sculpt is finalised?

Loon

It looks good to me. Question: are the "horns" known from a juvenile Tyrannosaurus or Nanotyrannus? Or is it just speculative?

Shonisaurus

David Silva is rushing to make tyrannosauroids, I'm glad it seems that the production of BoTM figures is not paralyzing.

The juvenile tyrannosaurus rex is a very early prototype and is very quick to judge the figure. When it is finished then it will be possible to give the specific valuation of each BoTM figure such as its ceraptosides, which have been outstanding, although we will still have to wait for them to be marketed, although they are beyond my economic possibilities.

Halzk

Quote from: Loon on April 06, 2020, 07:55:52 PM
It looks good to me. Question: are the "horns" known from a juvenile Tyrannosaurus or Nanotyrannus? Or is it just speculative?
The lacrimal "horns" are known from Nanotyrannus

Faelrin

I'm excited to see he is already working on one of these so soon. Hopefully the concept art (if any) and revealed color schemes are not far behind.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

EmperorDinobot

suspsy

Can't wait to find out the colour schemes  for each one.

Flaffy

Concavenator

suspsy

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: