News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaur Series

Started by Faelrin, March 12, 2020, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

Sorry for the belated updates folks. I'll be getting the op updated here real soon with the Moros gallery, etc.

In the meantime here is a link to the most recent kickstarter update.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/creativebeast/beasts-of-the-mesozoic-tyrannosaur-series-action-figures/posts/3411500

With a wonderful look at all the finished prototypes together (grabbed the larger version from the FB post):

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sarapaurolophus

The moment I saw the finished Proceratosaurus I knew it was gonna be mine. So happy it'll only be $35, that's cheaper than expected!

Nimravus

Hi, does anyone know when the Backerkit Campaign finishes?
Many thanks in advance.

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Nimravus on February 16, 2022, 11:10:44 PM
Many thanks in advance.

February 22nd is when it closes.  :)
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Brontozaurus on February 16, 2022, 11:26:26 PM
Quote from: Nimravus on February 16, 2022, 11:10:44 PM
Many thanks in advance.

February 22nd is when it closes.  :)

I think even if it closes you can still add to your order anytime as long as you have backed the Kickstarter.

Faelrin

Well the survey will be locked so you won't be able to directly change it (except the address of course, until things are ready to ship), but you will be able to either a) order through the backerkit pre-order store, or b) you can message David to see about adding onto your order, etc, and pay him through Paypal (which is what I did in the past for the raptors, etc).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Nimravus

Quote from: Faelrin on February 17, 2022, 06:24:57 AM
Well the survey will be locked so you won't be able to directly change it (except the address of course, until things are ready to ship), but you will be able to either a) order through the backerkit pre-order store, or b) you can message David to see about adding onto your order, etc, and pay him through Paypal (which is what I did in the past for the raptors, etc).
Many thanks for the replies!

Concavenator

Thanks to Gabriel Ugueto's part in changing the color scheme for the Proceratosaurus, it has went from being my less favorite to possibly my favorite of the whole line. He's my favorite paleoartist, and he has done an awesome job. Hopefully David and Gabriel will collaborate again in the future (for the Utahraptor perhaps?)

Eocarcharia

Well, I added Proceratosaurus and Alectrosaurus to my order of T. rex, Albertosaurus, and Lythronax. I figure one of each body mold is a good place to start. I'll probably pick up more later.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'll buy them all but I usually wait til they closer to release, then just pick them up through the Kickstarter add to order.  I just prefer it over having all those funds tied up.

Psittacoraptor

If you backed the Kickstarter, will you pay the Kickstarter or regular preorder prices if you request add-ons to your order later? It's a bit confusing. I want to get some wave 3 figures, but they're so far out (1.5 years is a long time), I'd like some more time to decide.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on February 22, 2022, 11:37:13 AM
If you backed the Kickstarter, will you pay the Kickstarter or regular preorder prices if you request add-ons to your order later? It's a bit confusing. I want to get some wave 3 figures, but they're so far out (1.5 years is a long time), I'd like some more time to decide.

As I recall with the previous series you can order now and support the original Kickstarted before the backerkit closes and if you have bought anything you can still add pieces on to your order until the end of the series and still get the same pricing.  If you don't support the Kickstarter you will pay retail and higher shipping fees when they come out.  David did do sales here and there on his site which brought some of the retail prices back to the Kickstarter prices.   

It's a lot of money at once to order the entire series.  I ordered the big Trex figures and I'll add the rest when each Wave is about to come in stock. Gives me time to save for it.

Psittacoraptor

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 22, 2022, 02:52:15 PM
As I recall with the previous series you can order now and support the original Kickstarted before the backerkit closes and if you have bought anything you can still add pieces on to your order until the end of the series and still get the same pricing.  If you don't support the Kickstarter you will pay retail and higher shipping fees when they come out.  David did do sales here and there on his site which brought some of the retail prices back to the Kickstarter prices.   

It's a lot of money at once to order the entire series.  I ordered the big Trex figures and I'll add the rest when each Wave is about to come in stock. Gives me time to save for it.
I was confused because there seem to be three price tiers: 1. Kickstarter backer prices in the survey that closes today (only for those that supported the original Kickstarter last year) 2. Preorder prices for buyers who did not support the Kickstarter (on the Backerkit preorder store) 3. Retail price. Hence I was wondering if original backers would get the tier 1 or tier 2 prices after today. It's not that big of a difference, it's just confusing, so I was curious.

I'll wait until wave 3 is closer to release either way. I definitely won't be getting the whole series, I wouldn't know where to put them all, haha.

Flaffy

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on February 22, 2022, 11:37:13 AM

Hopefully this helps avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor

Psittacoraptor

Flaffy

Concavenator

Anyone knows if the Backerkit backers receive the figures earlier than on regular release? Or are the figures released at the same time? I'm asking because for the Wave 2 tyrannosaurs, on Dan's Dinosaurs, the ETA is Q2 2023 and those are expected to come out in March 2023 (still Q1). Is it that Dan said Q2 in case some delays occur or is it that the figures are supposed to be generally available after Backerkit backers receive them?

Flaffy

Group shot of the Tyrannosaur series. It's absurd how large the 1/18th scale Tyrannosaurus is.

Eocarcharia

New update today:

Quote from: Creative Beast Studio
It took a bit longer than expected, but the Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaurus rex test shot figures have been completed and are on their way to me now! Here are a few part layout photos of the figures from the factory (please forgive the hands that need to be swapped, or any other awkward posing). I'm definitely looking forward to getting my hands on these for my own photos.
I should also mention that it looks unlikely that the grey versions will be ready to ship in April as originally planned. While I'm still awaiting confirmation from the factory for the completion date, my guess is that fulfillment will be pushed to June. And for the Kickstarter backers, I'm working on a new update now, so keep an eye out for that soon!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: